Deep Space 9

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Could not find a thread on this classic.

Been doing a binge on this show. I am surprised to see the depth and complexity in nearly every character . It's a compelling journey to walk with Odo as he explored his being and "humanity" ... Or Quark, the ferengi with a heart... Watching Kira overcome her hatred and prejudice of the kardassians, chief O'Brien and worf tie it in to TNG, and even tiny Nog who works so hard to be the first ferengi in starfleet...
If you don't remember or haven't watched it all ...it's on Paramount

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Could not find a thread on this classic.

Been doing a binge on this show. I am surprised to see the depth and complexity in nearly every character . It's a compelling journey to walk with Odo as he explored his being and "humanity" ... Or Quark, the ferengi with a heart... Watching Kira overcome her hatred and prejudice of the kardassians, chief O'Brien and worf tie it in to TNG, and even tiny Nog who works so hard to be the first ferengi in starfleet...
If you don't remember or haven't watched it all ...it's on Paramount
I know many will disagree but it was my favorite Star Trek series. Although I hated when we lost Jadzia.

OP
OP
oaken1

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I know many will disagree but it was my favorite Star Trek series. Although I hated when we lost Jadzia.
Yeah ..I'm in season five right now so Jadzia is still there...easy to miss those beautiful blue eyes...and those spots...there is just something about the spots

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah ..I'm in season five right now so Jadzia is still there...easy to miss those beautiful blue eyes...and those spots...there is just something about the spots
Sorry about that, I should have put it in spoilers.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great show. I remember calling Sisko "Captain Hawk" the first time I heard his casting announced because I had been a huge Spenser For Hire fan, but he made Sisko a very memorable Captain in his own right. Avery Brooks also directed several episodes of the series.

My wife and I both loved Odo and named our ferret after that character. She could squeeze into such tight spots that we would joke about her being a shapeshifter and suddenly becoming a bookcase as she disappeared under it.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think I would consider a rewatch if someone can curate a version that cuts out Jake. That kid annoyed me as much as Alexander on TNG.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson