David Lee?

Tyler

Registered
Reaction score
Ive heard it from different sources that say it is very unlikely Lee comes to Phoenix.

I doubt he will too, jsut stating for the people that like him less then Amar'eh he might actually be the better player.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Smells Gugliottaesque...

Why? Because he's white?

They are two completely different players. Gugliotta was a softer player. A jump shooter. And slightly below average rebounder.

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
No, I think it's the Golden State front office that's really bad making trades. Let's not make EVERYTHING anti-Suns, huh?

The surprising thing to me is that David Lee would agree to sign a long contract with the Warriors. They must be offering A LOT of money on a contract.
Perhaps. But ultimately, if this happens, GS will get a good player for Randolph, NY will get a good player for Lee and will get Amare for nothing, and the Suns will get what for Amare? And if the Barbosa trade rumors also come to be true, what will the Suns get for him other than more savings? We've been talking about what we can get for our star players for years, but Marion went away and all we got is a Shaq rental who was later dismissed for... savings. At least we got something for JJ, but that seems like ages ago now. To think that once we worried how we'd ever be able to afford three max players.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why? Because he's white?

They are two completely different players. Gugliotta was a softer player. A jump shooter. And slightly below average rebounder.

Googs was softer then Lee??? What??? Tom at one point in his career was considered a decent defender and wasn't afraid to get nasty. That has never been part of Lee's game.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I posted this in another thread before I saw this one, pardon the repost:

FWIW, I heard an NBA guy on ESPN radio, and he was saying Lee is really overrated. His stats are inflated due to playing on such a poor team. He said Lee would be a bench player on a good team. He said Lee wouldn't even play in games for the Lakers or Celtics. Again, it's what someone else said, not me.

Irish

Registered
Reaction score
IMHO, Googs when healthy was a nice player. Teaming him with a stiff likely Longley was a huge blunder because Googs was slow and weak.

Stats are deceptive. Voskulhl had OK stats, but couldn't rebound in traffic and never rotated fast enough to avid getting charged with fouls everytime someone got in the lane.

Googs was reputed as being a good "team defender" but not much defending one on one. But once he got injured he was dead weight.

Last edited:

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

FWIW, I heard an NBA guy on ESPN radio, and he was saying Lee is really overrated. His stats are inflated due to playing on such a poor team. He said Lee would be a bench player on a good team. He said Lee wouldn't even play in games for the Lakers or Celtics. Again, it's what someone else said, not me.

I know you're just passing on info but it really isn't worth much. I'm constantly amazed at how clueless some of these guys are. In this particular case, I'm equally clueless but I'm smart enough to know I don't know enough about Lee to broadcast my opinion.

Steve

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I know you're just passing on info but it really isn't worth much. I'm constantly amazed at how clueless some of these guys are. In this particular case, I'm equally clueless but I'm smart enough to know I don't know enough about Lee to broadcast my opinion.

Steve
As many of you know(or have figured out) i'm not much into statistics period. Especially when they're derived from formulas. Plus/minus? LOL

Anyway,I'm old school, which means that i base most of my opinions of a player based soley on watching the games. I'm not a guru by any stretch, but i'd like to think that based upon the fact that i've played the game(like many of you i'm sure) and considered myself an intelligent player and that my opinions of any particular player's value and worth is fairly accurate.

I'm a fan of hard working offensively capable players that take pride in stopping the man in front of him on a nightly basis that also play with little "nasty"....who also play within the framework of the TEAM. The Majerle's,the AC Greens,the Raja Bell's, the Dudley's, and yes....the Bruce Bowen's etc...

I too haven't seen very much of David Lee recently. I know he's a hard working PF with some offensive skills....i'm just not sure where this team is headed in terms of it's identity, and i honestly don't know how David Lee fits into the long term plans....

Paula Boivin had an article in todays Republic which expanded on this concept of "how do we know what we need if we don't know who we are or who we're going to be in a few years?"

I think it's an important question,maybe even thread worthy...:)

Irish

Registered
Reaction score
Are we accepting that Lee is expected to go to the Warriors for Randolph?

Sunburn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Really? I want Randolph on the Suns really bad. This would make me much more jealous than seeing Stoudemire in NY.

cly2tw

Reaction score

I said it repeatedly that his stats were due to playing garbage times on the Knicks, when nobody really competed. Pull out the 30 pts blowouts Suns vs. Knicks this past season, Lee was there till the end.:D

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score

Supposedly, ESPN was saying we tried to trade Stoudemire for Randolph and were told Randolph was untouchable. Now if they trade him to NY, that's like a double slap in the face to the Suns!

tobiazz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Supposedly, ESPN was saying we tried to trade Stoudemire for Randolph and were told Randolph was untouchable. Now if they trade him to NY, that's like a double slap in the face to the Suns!

When we tried to trade to GS last year, or are you saying it happened again this off-season?

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
When we tried to trade to GS last year, or are you saying it happened again this off-season?

I think they meant last year. Supposedly they were NEVER going to trade Randolph, and now they are. Bass turds! :D

tobiazz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think they meant last year. Supposedly they were NEVER going to trade Randolph, and now they are. Bass turds! :D

Nelly falls out of love with all players after a year. Maybe Curry will be available in a year or two as well.

Divide Et Impera

Reaction score
If we replace Amare with Lee/Warrick, we are a better team immediately. I already prefer Lee to Amare, but you toss in the depth that Warrick lends and it's a no-brainer....

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Chad Ford reports that Lee just agreed to the GS deal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard