Dan Quinn

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
ya know... I believe in hard nosed football,..coach them hard, all that.
but honestly, I dont care if they have to hire an entourage to follow kyler around, throw rose petals before his every step and fan him with palm fronds to protect his delicate skin from the arizona sun.
if thats what it takes to get 40 TD passes, 5000 yards and consistent 14-3 type seasons... do it. coddle, pander, felate, whatever... but somebody has to figure out what it takes and either make it happen or draft his replacement.
rookie contract... still would have 48mil invested in the qb position, just 42 of it would be the backup, lol. Rather kyler is starting, or backing up a rookie matters not to me.
Nah, we tried that approach and Kyler proved he's too arrogant for all that. If we continue to coddle the kid, he'll continue to think he's God's gift to football. That his Neo act is the way. I'm done with the team kissing his arse.

Neither am I for a hard nosed "rah rah" approach either. I want a coach ready to hold him accountable without screaming, to show him he gets no special treatment but to do so with a steady hand. A chain mail gauntlet in a kid glove, if you will.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Advantage of Quinn: He knows the enemy having coached with Shanahan and for Carroll.

Disadvantage: They know him.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Neither am I for a hard nosed "rah rah" approach either. I want a coach ready to hold him accountable without screaming, to show him he gets no special treatment but to do so with a steady hand. A chain mail gauntlet in a kid glove, if you will.
This

Whoever the OC and HC are they needs to hold him accountable

He needs to hold himself accountable in reality

Last edited:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Want to get through to KM?

Have a better answer to the question 'why?' than the one he already has in his head.

And the answer is never 'because'; that's when you lose him.

I think that Kyler thinks no answer is better than the one in his head. That's the problem.

OP
OP
Cardsfaninlouky

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I’m sure he’s just beaming inside knowing he has to likely learn an entirely new playbook. Lol
He'll have plenty of time to study those 4 hours while his leg is elevated......oh wait, never mind lol. He can study in between video games.

OP
OP
Cardsfaninlouky

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Nah, we tried that approach and Kyler proved he's too arrogant for all that. If we continue to coddle the kid, he'll continue to think he's God's gift to football. That his Neo act is the way. I'm done with the team kissing his arse.

That coach is probably Flores. Payton could teach him things without getting in his ass but Flores would flat out get in his ass imo.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
That coach is probably Flores. Payton could teach him things without getting in his ass but Flores would flat out get in his ass imo.

So you're suggesting that Flores plays for the other team, as some would euphemistically say.

I can see how this threat could motivate a change in behaviour. ;)

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Murray has ALREADY gone to Bidwill & said he wants a tough a$$ HC. Those that thought Murray enjoyed the softness that KK coached into this team are mistaken. The lack of attention to detail annoyed the crap out of him & his frustrations with it eventually spilled over & unfortunately it affected his play at times. I 100% guarantee that Murray has ZERO problem with bringing in a hard a$$. It might be Payton, or it might be Flores, or it might be Quinn. Murray is just overjoyed that it won’t be Kliff.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Murray has ALREADY gone to Bidwill & said he wants a tough a$$ HC. Those that thought Murray enjoyed the softness that KK coached into this team are mistaken. The lack of attention to detail annoyed the crap out of him & his frustrations with it eventually spilled over & unfortunately it affected his play at times. I 100% guarantee that Murray has ZERO problem with bringing in a hard a$$. It might be Payton, or it might be Flores, or it might be Quinn. Murray is just overjoyed that it won’t be Kliff.
Unless you're Kyler, this is just plain speculation.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Really? You have been in communication with Kyler and he said all of that? Hmmmmmm....

Cardinal88

Veteran
Reaction score
I think it is disappointing all of the media type are all over the video clip with Larry Fitzgerald talking about Dan Quinn being his number one pick. If they were doing their job, they would realize that clip was in October. Look it up on YouTube - posted October 27th. This was before any mention of Sean Payton or anyone else being an option. This is crappy media people continuing to brainwash the fan base to accept Dan Quinn as THE OPTION.

I honestly do not know who would be better but I'm venting because they are using a media clip from 3 months ago that may not be relevant in today's market. Just bad and super disappointing!

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
The amateur psychologists on this board are something else.

Good coaches manage the egos (and there are always dozens of them
on a 53 man roster) of their players with whatever that particular player responds to best. Sometimes it’s gentle reassurance, sometimes it’s with an iron fist.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose