Dan Quinn

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good question? Listen to NFL Radio or PHNX Cardinal Podcast & you may hear it too. 2 of my boys actually called me when it was coming up on NFL Radio.
I mean no offense bro but my radio rarely leaves nfl channel on satellite radio and most of us here are sports/nfl junkies. At home my TV is on NFL network 60% of the time. Yet you’re the only one saying that this is being widely reported from multiple sources. But yet you’re the only one on this entire board saying that??? Just seems rather odd.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I mean no offense bro but my radio rarely leaves nfl channel on satellite radio and most of us here are sports/nfl junkies. At home my TV is on NFL network 60% of the time. Yet you’re the only one saying that this is being widely reported from multiple sources. But yet you’re the only one on this entire board saying that??? Just seems rather odd.
You’re obviously asleep at the wheel. Keep listening.

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yeah I listen all day too and the closest I can remember was something along the lines of “he may respond better to a hard a$$ coaching style because his dad coached him that way”.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Waaay too much is put into this. He didn't reject Kliff. He rejected Texas Tech along with about 15 other far larger programs to go to A&M where his Dad was the college QB. He grew up an A&M fan.

And then rejected Kliff, errrrrr Texas Tech a 2nd time when he transferred to Oklahoma.

There's plenty of video with Kliff talking about finally getting a chance to work with Kyler, when he was drafted.
Here's something people dont realize.

Kyler wanted A&M. Kliff actually wanted Jarrett Stidham over Kyler.

Jarrett Stidham is the No. 1 dual-threat quarterback in the 2015 class, according to the 247Sports composite rankings. This Texas native chose to keep his talents in state by committing to Kliff Kingsbury and the Texas Tech Red Raiders.

Stidham took some time to talk to Bleacher Report about Texas Tech and the recruiting process. How well do you think he will do in Lubbock?
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Stidham committed to Kliff several months before Kyler. Although Kyler wast the better HS player Stidham was seen as the better college prospect. Once he flipped to Baylor then he circled back to Kyler. Because it looked like Kyler was thinking of going elsewhere than A&M.

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I am warming to Quinn, he has been to a Super Bowl regardless of the result. He’s had good coaches on his staff in the past so he should be able to put a decent staff together. He seems a bit old school but still a guy players like to play for.

Honestly I am probably only warming to him because I don’t have a choice

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I listen all day too and the closest I can remember was something along the lines of “he may respond better to a hard a$$ coaching style because his dad coached him that way”.
Yup… which is complete conjecture

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Quinn would get the LB crew going for sure and add Anderson to the group, it could be a strength.

I don’t know if I have a favorite. It’s sad we’re at the point where anybody is better than Kliff.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
The best that can be said is that Dan Quinn has ALWAYS gotten maximum effort out of his players-at Seattle, at Atlanta, and with the Boys.

Some coaches do seem to learn from their first HC job and excel the second time around, e.g., Pete Carroll and Bill Belichick. (trying to be optimistic)

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
No question Quinn would have our defence in the top 10. But what is the plan for the offence?

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score

FWIW

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

FWIW
it always cracks me up to see people doing linguistic acrobatics instead of just saying, I dont know.

that dude just basically said... "well I think they like demeco, but they also might like quinn. I think they are all out on payton unless they decide he is still in the running"

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
it always cracks me up to see people doing linguistic acrobatics instead of just saying, I dont know.

that dude just basically said... "well I think they like demeco, but they also might like quinn. I think they are all out on payton unless they decide he is still in the running"

At least weathermen/women are smart enough not to say there's a 50% chance of precipitation.

OP
OP
Cardsfaninlouky

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Was he talking about Denver or us?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Let's leave it at this...If Kyler thought Kliff was his best option in college, he would have played for Texas Tech. It's always about the coaches. You think 90% of the players for Jackson State really wanted to be at JState, without coach Prime? Now at Colorado...

You're right, my bad. He turned down Urban Meyer, Gary Patterson, Bob Stoops, Gus Malzahn, Todd Graham, Brian Kelly, Hugh Freeze, Bret Bielema, Mike Gundy and a handful more for the USFL legend that is Kevin Sumlin.

And it's nothing to do with his Dad being the former starter at A&M and in the A&M Hall of fame and growing up with A&M jerseys on the fall and pictures of his Dad playing there all around him and it being only a short flight or drive from his family home.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You did. You said he can’t have rejected Kliff without having the coaches of the other programmes. I said he rejected Kliff, as Kliff stated he tried hard to recruit Kyler but couldn’t get him.

Anyway let’s agree to disagree. @BritCard where are you based in the UK anyway?

I'm in Suffolk

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well, if his attitude and approach to the game is fine, then he just sucks. That means he's completely regressed and will never be the QB we need him to be. Pardon us if we choose to believe he needs an attitude adjustment and have a bit of hope that he can get right.

I do love the counter argument of "Kyler's attitude and work ethic is fine, he just sucks because....erm....ah. I see what I did there...Kliff. It's Kliff!"

"But he's been with Kliff 4 years and only regressed this year after getting paid..." we say.

"Yeah, well, it's still Kliff. I don't know how exactly but it just is..."

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is the best head coach hiring cycle possibly ever for the Cards. There aren't a tonne of job openings and there are a bunch of well qualified and experienced candidates or intriguing up and comers.

Normally the Cards are like 1 of 9 and there are 3 good options and a bunch of scrubs or long shots. Hard for Mike to mess this one up.

I'd be perfectly happy with any one of Payton, Quinn, Flores, Reich or Ryans. Even Evero. So obviously it's going to be Aaron Glenn.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hires to me:

Ryans - Happy
Reich - Cool
Evero - Cool
Flores - I guess?
Vance & Quinn - Lol.