Dallas/Phoenix should trade

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
neither does Amare. hell, at least Dirk tries. Amare doesn't even do that.

I agree. I have never questioned Dirk's efforts. However, I have never looked at Dallas as a serious trading partner. As Amare plays more and more like a SF I don't know why they would entertain the deal. However, adding Dirk would undoubtedly get Nash out of his funk.

Yes but nobody around here is ever going to be satisfied until we win a title. So Dirk doesn't do that for you. Pointless trade. If your going to make a trade do it for more defense and rebounding.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes but nobody around here is ever going to be satisfied until we win a title. So Dirk doesn't do that for you. Pointless trade. If your going to make a trade do it for more defense and rebounding.

Maybe many Suns fans have their expectation set too high, especially now. Besides if the Suns had Shaq and Dirk that's a pretty good front-line. Barea would be essential to rest Nash at PG.

greensborohill

Registered
Reaction score
No way I trade for someone who has no heart like Amare. Nowitzki brings it every night and is a clutch performer. Amare is a down grade for the Mavericks in every department, he doesn't help create offese for his teamates and is actually a poorer defender than Dirk.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No way I trade for someone who has no heart like Amare. Nowitzki brings it every night and is a clutch performer. Amare is a down grade for the Mavericks in every department, he doesn't help create offese for his teamates and is actually a poorer defender than Dirk.

I do agree with your assessment. This would be like when the Mavs traded Devin Harris for Jason Kidd. However, with Cuban one never knows.

OP
OP
P

PhoenixMaverick

Veteran
Reaction score

I do not question dirks heart and effort. As a big mavericks fan, i've been through plenty of disappointments (especially in the finals against miami).

But Dallas cannot win a championship with dirk. Dallas needs a guy who can take it to the hole or a dominate the paint like shaq. Dallas is a shooting team! A dam good one at that, but all shooters are streaky.

We can blow out a team like the pistons yesterday, but they day before, we lost by a big margin agains the bucks. (STREAKY !)

Speaking from an offensive standpoint, to win championships, you need a dominate guy in the paint, a slasher to the rim, and consitent shooters all around. eg. shaq/kobe lakers , timduncan/ginoble/parker spurs, shaq/dwade miami, KG/pierce/allen boston.

Dallas lacking a big man and a slasher, but we have great shooters.
and correct me if i'm wrong, Suns are missing a truely consistent shooter.
Hill, rich, barnes, barbosa are not that consistent in my opinion.

Dirk can fill that void for suns with his consistent ouside perimeter. If they double dirk, throw to shaq, if they double shaq, throw to dirk. Even i can coach that.

Amare can fill dominate guy in the paint for dallas. We will definately lose some of dirks points, but we have plenty of great shooters to fill in that void. And yes, eventhough amare is playing lackluster, BUT i still believe he can be a beast with the right team.

I love Dirk and I will still continue with the suns (if it happens)
I dont know how suns fan can NOT like dirk for amare when shaq is clogging the lanes?

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually Dallas would be better with Shaq but that's not going to happen with Dirk. Maybe Shaq for other parts not named Dampier.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
How about Amare straight up for Boris Diaw?

Nah...Charlotte would never do it.

OP
OP
P

PhoenixMaverick

Veteran
Reaction score
How about Amare straight up for Boris Diaw?

Nah...Charlotte would never do it.

LOl if that happens, I can see them asking kerr.

reporter: "Care to comment on the trade and why you want boris back?"
kerr: "My Bad"

lol that would not happen, no way amare going to the bobcats.
I wouldn't mind shaq for dirk straight up, but that would not happen.

to keep phoenix/Dallas mix the pot special going:
Amare/Barbosa for Dirk/Barerra

Suns thats your backup PG right there and your consistent shooter(dirk)
Dallas thats your dominate guy in the paint, and some of dirks points (from barbosa)

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe many Suns fans have their expectation set too high, especially now. Besides if the Suns had Shaq and Dirk that's a pretty good front-line. Barea would be essential to rest Nash at PG.

How can Suns fans have expectations to high? We have been waiting for our first title forever and we have a community that will support that winner.

PS. Dirk is not clutch when it counts. Amare for Dirk really makes me want to puke every time I hear it.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How can Suns fans have expectations to high? We have been waiting for our first title forever and we have a community that will support that winner.

The Suns let a certain coach go... but you how I think. Did anyone really think Porter was a better coach than DA? I never did get it.

There went our best chance IMO.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns let a certain coach go... but you how I think. Did anyone really think Porter was a better coach than DA? I never did get it.

There went our best chance IMO.

Well, I think the thinking there was you had a bunch of veteran guys that could overcome any shortcumming in Porters offensive style while learning to play a new defensive system.

Since I felt we had no chance with D'Antoni as our coach, I guess hiring Porter may have put us further away. However, how much further away can you get then.....not a chance in hell? Cause thats what we had under D'Antoni IMO.

Man....it sucks it has come to this....it really sucks.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not a chance in hell? Umm they had quite a few chances and could have had more! DA did alot for this team and town some of the fans are far to quick to forget what it was like before DA. I would much, MUCH rather have DA here than freakin Porter not sure what some are thinking. Whether you were a huge DA fan or not it doesn't take a genius to know he is MILES AND MILES ahead of Porter/Kerr. I think the reason he left is his complete lack of confidence that Kerr has any f%#$in clue what he is doing, well that and money since he got paid!

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not a chance in hell? Umm they had quite a few chances and could have had more! DA did alot for this team and town some of the fans are far to quick to forget what it was like before DA. I would much, MUCH rather have DA here than freakin Porter not sure what some are thinking. Whether you were a huge DA fan or not it doesn't take a genius to know he is MILES AND MILES ahead of Porter/Kerr. I think the reason he left is his complete lack of confidence that Kerr has any f%#$in clue what he is doing, well that and money since he got paid!

Further away from ZERO is still Zero. This team didn't play enough defense to get it done in the playoffs and that played itself out every sing time no matter how close we got.

PS. I was a D'Antoni fan. I loved that he helped make us relevant again. However, alot of that had to do with getting Nash and some other players here as well. D'Antoni just wasn't a good enough coach IMO to take us all the way.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard