Dallas/Phoenix should trade

PhoenixMaverick

Veteran
Reaction score
STAT and Barbosa for Dirk !!!

I’m a Dallas Mavericks Fan first and Phoenix suns Fan Second. (and I hate the rest)
Dallas Fan because I was born here, Phoenix fan because of Nash (ex Mavs)
and their run and gun style. (under Dantoni of course)
Very exciting to watch and I was always on the edge of my seat for spectacular plays.
Under dantoni of course which I loved.
I’m hating porter right now, but that’s another subject.

Both team WILL get into the playoffs.
And Both team WILL fail to make it to the finals. (let alone win it).

I am more forgiving of dallas because all we really have is Dirk and Jason Terry.
And Jason Terry is off the bench.
We only have 3 potential 20+pts per night guys (josh howard but he’s too emotional)

I’m not that forgiving for the SUNS. You guys have:
SHAQ !! AMARE !! J RICH !! HiLL !! Barbosa!! Nash!!
All capable of delivering 20+ points per night.

Why Stat and barbosa for dirk??

I feel Dirk is better than Stat. So lets mix in barbosa (which porter doesn’t really utilize)
Most of barbosa points comes from broken plays, fast breaks, and hey look what I found.
Porter draw plays for shaq, amare, j rich, hill.
15-20 points should come naturally for those guys and anything less is disappointing.
Barbosa is amazing to get that much points from nothing. (AND terry uses him as a Point guard !!)
His points and percentage have dropped because of his role. He is NOT a PG, but a shooting guard.

Amare is playing with No motivation.
And a change will definitely bring the beast back out.
I love dirk, he’s great but he has a better chance to win with another team.
Dirk will be a great half court addition for you guys.
Nash, Shaq,Dirk,Hill, Jrich would be awesome.

Barbosa will get more playing time in Dallas because we seem to run more than suns.
With Jason Kidd, Jason Terry, Amare, josh Howard, and Barbosa.
We would be the new D’antoni run and gun under Rick carslie.
That’s not an all star lineup but all of them can produce big points.

So how bout, lets bring amare and the blurr to DALLAS !!!

Last edited:

The Commish

youknowhatimsayin?
Reaction score
STAT and Barbosa for Dirk !!!

I’m a Dallas Mavericks Fan first and Phoenix suns Fan Second. (and I hate the rest)
Dallas Fan because I was born here, Phoenix fan because of Nash (ex Mavs)
and their run and gun style. (under Dantoni of course)
Very exciting to watch and I was always on the edge of my seat for spectacular plays.
Under dantoni of course which I loved.
I’m hating porter right now, but that’s another subject.

Both team WILL get into the playoffs.
And Both team WILL fail to make it to the finals. (let alone win it).

I am more forgiving of dallas because all we really have is Dirk and Jason Terry.
And Jason Terry is off the bench.
We only have 3 potential 20+pts per night guys (josh howard but he’s too emotional)

I’m not that forgiving for the SUNS. You guys have:
SHAQ !! AMARE !! J RICH !! HiLL !! Barbosa!! Nash!!
All capable of delivering 20+ points per night.

Why Stat and barbosa for dirk??

I feel Dirk is better than Stat. So lets mix in barbosa (which porter doesn’t really utilize)
Most of barbosa points comes from broken plays, fast breaks, and hey look what I found.
Porter draw plays for shaq, amare, j rich, hill.
15-20 points should come naturally for those guys and anything less is disappointing.
Barbosa is amazing to get that much points from nothing. (AND terry uses him as a Point guard !!)
His points and percentage have dropped because of his role. He is NOT a PG, but a shooting guard.

Amare is playing with No motivation.
And a change will definitely bring the beast back out.
I love dirk, he’s great but he has a better chance to win with another team.
Dirk will be a great half court addition for you guys.
Nash, Shaq,Dirk,Hill, Jrich would be awesome.

Barbosa will get more playing time in Dallas because we seem to run more than suns.
With Jason Kidd, Jason Terry, Amare, josh Howard, and Barbosa.
We would be the new D’antoni run and gun under Rick carslie.
That’s not an all star lineup but all of them can produce big points.

So how bout, lets bring amare and the blurr to DALLAS !!!

No.

AceP

Registered
Reaction score
Amare for Nowinski straight up could be a fairly acceptable trade. Adding Barbosa? It's robbery. Go back home.

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
Stat and barbosa for dirk is robbery. Stat for dirk i'd consider.

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
Stat AND Barbs? Does Dirk come with a gold plated Rolls Royce?

Someone poisoned your water hole.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh god no. Dirk doesn't help defensively one bit, doesn't play around the rim and doesn't really get you that much more on the boards. If this teams trades Amare it has to be for a defensive/rebounding minded PF or it makes zero sense. No to even straight up for Dirk.

Barbs too? Then we would have to give up our backup guard and 18 to 20 points off our bench??

No freaking way.

Diamondback Jay

Psalms 23:1
Reaction score
I wouldn't trade Stat for Dirk in a straight swap, let alone Stat AND Barbosa for him. No way.

OP
OP
P

PhoenixMaverick

Veteran
Reaction score
Okay
I'm just a barbosa fan, i just want him in dallas.
Amare and Dirk straight up i would still want because, I think suns will have a championship.

Amare in Dallas will not solve our problems, but at least i know suns will have a better chance.
Shaq cloging the lanes, getting double teamed, and dirk's outside game, can you imagine??
Plus re united with his best friend nash, instant chemistry (lol it should).

Dirk is amazing since he's the only guy in the mavericks that gets doubled, and still come away with more points and rebounds than stat.
In Phoenix, coaches will have trouble on who to double, it will be nash-shaq-dirk back and forth all day long. Addin grant hills veteran skills and j rich's points, its unstoppable.

if all else fail, away with PORTER !! lets grab pitch forks !!

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
Granted, they are probably awash on defense, but the range/spacing Dirk offers and the higher rebounding rate would be a definite consideration for this team.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Granted, they are probably awash on defense, but the range/spacing Dirk offers and the higher rebounding rate would be a definite consideration for this team.

Dirk doesn't solve Nash's or Barnes turnover problems. Dirk doesn't resolve Nash defensive problems. Dirk doesn't resolve this teams inability to defend when Shaq goes to the bench. Dirk makes us worse in the paint on both sides of the floor.

This team has much bigger problems then spacing.

Divide Et Impera

Reaction score
Well, frankly, spacing has a lot to do with the TO problems. Teams can colapse on the ball because of poor spacing, so when they do collapse, it makes dribbling and passing more difficult leading to a higher rate of TOs.

Nash's D problems? They exist no matter who is there, so I don't get your point.

So, with Dirk, you space the floor and lower your rate of TOs. In the meantime, your D is no better and no worse as a team. You improve at least on O and on TO's....

AceP

Registered
Reaction score
After today's game, I'm fully on board of "Amare for Dirk straight up". Let's do it.

Rekindled

Rookie
Reaction score
are you people for real. amare for dirk would be a steal for the suns. dirk was league mvp and he is averaging 26.0 ppg this season. he would help space the floor for shaq to go 1on 1 or for jrich to slash into the paint.

OP
OP
P

PhoenixMaverick

Veteran
Reaction score
After today's game, I'm fully on board of "Amare for Dirk straight up". Let's do it.

yup, eventhough dallas blew out the pistons today, I don't know if they can still go to the finals.

today:
amare against bobcat:
12 pts 9 boards

dirk against pistons:
26pts 7 boards

amare is capable, but he seems less motivated.

CaptainInsano

Reaction score
Dirk is fully healthy and still a very high caliber player who barely ever loafs it.

Just because of amares knees and/or laziness I would do it without hesitation at this point.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
I agree Dirk would be a better fit with Shaq because he is more of a perimeter and catch and shoot type player than Amare BUT this trade doesn't really do anything for us in the long term except getting even older.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree Dirk would be a better fit with Shaq because he is more of a perimeter and catch and shoot type player than Amare BUT this trade doesn't really do anything for us in the long term except getting even older.

Defense wins titles in the playoffs. Dirk does zero in that department as well.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
neither does Amare. hell, at least Dirk tries. Amare doesn't even do that.

I agree. I have never questioned Dirk's efforts. However, I have never looked at Dallas as a serious trading partner. As Amare plays more and more like a SF I don't know why they would entertain the deal. However, adding Dirk would undoubtedly get Nash out of his funk.