Conner

Ragnar

Veteran
Reaction score
Any word on Conners taking that helmet to the ribs? That really looked like it hurt!

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Any word on Conners taking that helmet to the ribs? That really looked like it hurt!
Kliff said they don’t know the severity. My guess that means he’s likely out for at least a couple weeks. I think we all better be ready for Eno Benjamin to be the starting running back in the playoffs.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Kliff said we will see. That is a give away from Kliff that Conner is out

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kliff said they don’t know the severity. My guess that means he’s likely out for at least a couple weeks. I think we all better be ready for Eno Benjamin to be the starting running back in the playoffs.

Can't remember where I read it but it said Edmonds could have played yesterday they were just being careful.

I expect him to play next week, i'd be impressed if Conner can that looked like a very painful hit.

Which sucks because you have to run the ball to beat the Rams, but then Edmonds had a great game against them the first time around.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
THERE'S the guy I remember from Pittsburgh. Injured down the stretch and injured and possibly out in the playoffs.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
THERE'S the guy I remember from Pittsburgh. Injured down the stretch and injured and possibly out in the playoffs.

Doesn't make sense. He was there four years, they only made the playoffs twice in those 4 years. he played in their playoff game last year, they lost. he had 11 carries but they threw the ball SIXTY EIGHT times because of the score so he wasn't a huge factor. In 2017 his rookie year they made the playoffs but he didn't play because Leveon Bell was the starter and one of the best in the league at that time.

he missed regular season games to injury yes, but never missed a playoff game to one in Pitt.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I mean, he shouldnt have played Sunday really. He was already banged up and taking a gnarly helmet to the rib is something that can cause issue for any player. Dude has been one of the best guys on this team this year.

Stout

Reaction score
Doesn't make sense. He was there four years, they only made the playoffs twice in those 4 years. he played in their playoff game last year, they lost. he had 11 carries but they threw the ball SIXTY EIGHT times because of the score so he wasn't a huge factor. In 2017 his rookie year they made the playoffs but he didn't play because Leveon Bell was the starter and one of the best in the league at that time.

he missed regular season games to injury yes, but never missed a playoff game to one in Pitt.
I'm talking about the guy who gets injured or doesn't show up in big games. The playoffs just make it icing on the cake. To be fair to him, he's exceeded every estimation of what I thought he could do when healthy, and hasn't (yet) had the big fumble he's prone to make. Kudos to him for that. Unfortunately, and it isn't the kid's fault, he gets injured in terrible times.

Stout

Reaction score
I mean, he shouldnt have played Sunday really. He was already banged up and taking a gnarly helmet to the rib is something that can cause issue for any player. Dude has been one of the best guys on this team this year.
Yes, he should. The division was on the line. That's a big game to play in.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm talking about the guy who gets injured or doesn't show up in big games. The playoffs just make it icing on the cake. To be fair to him, he's exceeded every estimation of what I thought he could do when healthy, and hasn't (yet) had the big fumble he's prone to make. Kudos to him for that. Unfortunately, and it isn't the kid's fault, he gets injured in terrible times.
I had zero excitement for him coming here. Boy was I wrong.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He may play come on it’s the playoffs if it’s just bruised ribs they can give him a shot. They wear rib protection I’m sure it wasn’t directly to unprotected ribs? We have a wjj hi ole week he could easily play dude is tough!

Stout

Reaction score
So, pick your poison. You're for playing him injured or you call him out for getting Injured while playing injured.
LOL It's not a pick your poison situation. I expect him to be healthy enough to play in the last game of the season and the playoffs. I know, it's shocking to expect one of your good players to be available. The knock on him has always been that he gets injured and misses big games. Well, one of the several knocks. I'm hoping he doesn't prove that again.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
lol I know. I was hoping we wouldn't get there with the kid. I held my tongue through those late-season games he missed, which hurt us, which was exactly what I predicted. But now that he might miss a playoff game, it proved too much to ignore.
Yea we are a better team without Conner, NOT! pull over and change the air in your head. came here with no expectations, fans treat him like camp fodder, earns a pro bowl, exceeds all expectations except mine, I still expect him to be playoff mvp. Our engine on offense, makes everything else go! But like every rb that has came to Arizona, most people pee all over their efforts, hate on them.

Our Arizona media also, we had least rushing attempts in the NFL under whiz and Ba, after they won Super Bowls running the rock ! Whiz was the running most OC in the NFL when we hired him. But he was also a TE in Glanvilles run and shoot offense. Then the qb whisperer, neither of them would have any success with out our running backs.

remember benching edge? collapsing to a series of blow out losses, reinserting edge and winning throughout the playoffs to the Super Bowl, to this day edge is not honored by Arizona, colts gave him a ring while he played here! just Larry’s playoff run, Kurt, lil Q. But they don’t have that extra second, that change at safety, that hesitation in the 2ndary that allows for a very efficient play action, 3 dimensional game plan without edge. Then only 10 rb carries in the superbowl, could have won that easily consistently with continuity - had the horse but play calling coach has crap for brains, forgot every fundamental. no we pass a 99 yard interception pick 6 to end the first 1/2, like biggest stupid ever.

same with beanie in 09 - after whiz lied about his injury and played him on one leg, killing his career. Whiz was a demon, way he treated leinart also, I wouldn’t want to work for the SOB - but many cheered, said he wanted to see how they respond to adversity, creating adversity instead of building success. Well in 09 beanie was the reason we had a 3 score lead before Kurt and Brett had the best grey beard pass game ever, with Dansby winning on defense in overtime.

Next week against nawlings, Kurt’s last game as they had a kill Kurt bounty scandal, paying players if they injured Warner and got him out of the game. THT started the game with a 80 yard rushing TD! And we literally passed ourselves to death, they killed Kurt. Ended his career that day! we 9 more rb carries, hell yea they gonna kill Kurt, leinart, anybody you put in there, it was the best chance to lose not the best chance to win, game plan by stupid coaches , ignorant of the fundamentals of football. And some cheered on - but not for a rb , they are largely ignored in Arizona, not honored, taken for granted, despised !

when was the last time CJ was honored? anybody remember he lead the NFL in rushing, when BA actually won here, DJ also, on like the least rushing attempts in the NFL. With coaches like that who needs enemies, not our arch rivals. Drake did pretty good, treated like a piece of crap by this fan base , staff, just waa waa waa waa give the Arizona Cardinal football club a binky , it is immature and doesn’t want to grow up.

conner hasn’t did good enough , could have done better, if the oline actually practiced to run in training camp, instead constant pass protect - which the most important factor for any of these coaches , to determine if a RB sees the field, they are support not a primary weapon. Can’t get 2 runs off in a row without a penalty, why poor coaching, poor fundamentals, poor philosophy.

edge complained that he wasn’t an offensive lineman, for blocking, he was like a HOF RB , one of the best rb ever, fell on deaf ears, fans did not support him. Called him a cry az! That’s on fans, he lead we faltered. Best rb game I’ve seen was Monday night meltdown, rookie leinart, edge running like 40 times for little yards, absolutely destroying the best defense ever, undefeated at the top of their game. Urlacker crashing edge over and over and over, get up dust off, do it again. Forcing the defense to play all out run every down. Allowing rookie leinart to throw and win. Then we blew ourselves up in the last minutes, ahhhggg - Denny knew what he was doing, how to win that game.

we can win with balance, but they choose not too! Blame Kyler, the oline, for not out performing defenses that can guess 90 % correctly in what we are going to do, and play the pass. Wreck our qb, count on penalties in the run game, incompletions, sacks and turnovers , cause we ain’t got the sense god gave a Boulder. Just fed up with this team, local media, fan base on this. it has been beyond obvious, Conner, chase, Eno, ward is not our problem, they are our solution.

braveheart said it best, settling for scraps off the kings table, missing our opportunity at something better.
‘Freedom

James Conner made the pro bowl as a back up ! Tells you all you need to know about our staffs stupidity!but no we will run it with wrs early to trick em.

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yea we are a better team without Conner, NOT! pull over and change the air in your head. came here with no expectations, fans treat him like camp fodder, earns a pro bowl, exceeds all expectations except mine, I still expect him to be playoff mvp. Our engine on offense, makes everything else go! But like every rb that has came to Arizona, most people pee all over their efforts, hate on them.

Our Arizona media also, we had least rushing attempts in the NFL under whiz and Ba, after they won Super Bowls running the rock ! Whiz was the running most OC in the NFL when we hired him. But he was also a TE in Glanvilles run and shoot offense. Then the qb whisperer, neither of them would have any success with out our running backs.

remember benching edge? collapsing to a series of blow out losses, reinserting edge and winning throughout the playoffs to the Super Bowl, to this day edge is not honored by Arizona, colts gave him a ring while he played here! just Larry’s playoff run, Kurt, lil Q. But they don’t have that extra second, that change at safety, that hesitation in the 2ndary that allows for a very efficient play action, 3 dimensional game plan without edge. Then only 10 rb carries in the superbowl, could have won that easily consistently with continuity - had the horse but play calling coach has crap for brains, forgot every fundamental. no we pass a 99 yard interception pick 6 to end the first 1/2, like biggest stupid ever.

same with beanie in 09 - after whiz lied about his injury and played him on one leg, killing his career. Whiz was a demon, way he treated leinart also, I wouldn’t want to work for the SOB - but many cheered, said he wanted to see how they respond to adversity, creating adversity instead of building success. Well in 09 beanie was the reason we had a 3 score lead before Kurt and Brett had the best grey beard pass game ever, with Dansby winning on defense in overtime.

Next week against nawlings, Kurt’s last game as they had a kill Kurt bounty scandal, paying players if they injured Warner and got him out of the game. THT started the game with a 80 yard rushing TD! And we literally passed ourselves to death, they killed Kurt. Ended his career that day! we 9 more rb carries, hell yea they gonna kill Kurt, leinart, anybody you put in there, it was the best chance to lose not the best chance to win, game plan by stupid coaches , ignorant of the fundamentals of football. And some cheered on - but not for a rb , they are largely ignored in Arizona, not honored, taken for granted, despised !

when was the last time CJ was honored? anybody remember he lead the NFL in rushing, when BA actually won here, DJ also, on like the least rushing attempts in the NFL. With coaches like that who needs enemies, not our arch rivals. Drake did pretty good, treated like a piece of crap by this fan base , staff, just waa waa waa waa give the Arizona Cardinal football club a binky , it is immature and doesn’t want to grow up.

conner hasn’t did good enough , could have done better, if the oline actually practiced to run in training camp, instead constant pass protect - which the most important factor for any of these coaches , to determine if a RB sees the field, they are support not a primary weapon. Can’t get 2 runs off in a row without a penalty, why poor coaching, poor fundamentals, poor philosophy.

edge complained that he wasn’t an offensive lineman, for blocking, he was like a HOF RB , one of the best rb ever, fell on deaf ears, fans did not support him. Called him a cry az! That’s on fans, he lead we faltered. Best rb game I’ve seen was Monday night meltdown, rookie leinart, edge running like 40 times for little yards, absolutely destroying the best defense ever, undefeated at the top of their game. Urlacker crashing edge over and over and over, get up dust off, do it again. Forcing the defense to play all out run every down. Allowing rookie leinart to throw and win. Then we blew ourselves up in the last minutes, ahhhggg - Denny knew what he was doing, how to win that game.

we can win with balance, but they choose not too! Blame Kyler, the oline, for not out performing defenses that can guess 90 % correctly in what we are going to do, and play the pass. Wreck our qb, count on penalties in the run game, incompletions, sacks and turnovers , cause we ain’t got the sense god gave a Boulder. Just fed up with this team, local media, fan base on this. it has been beyond obvious, Conner, chase, Eno, ward is not our problem, they are our solution.

braveheart said it best, settling for scraps off the kings table, missing our opportunity at something better.
‘Freedom

James Conner made the pro bowl as a back up ! Tells you all you need to know about our staffs stupidity!but no we will run it with wrs early to trick em.
This feels like a throwback old school THESMEL post. Vintage!

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score

‘Freedom

post of the year

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
Come in Stout. Any game is a big game. They was he plays he is going to get hurt.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard