Cardinals RB James Conner wins FedEx Ground award, ‘Angry Runs’ scepter

Goodyear Card

Link Guy
Reaction score

Scroll down to the video of James Conner on Patrick Peterson. It is strange but I have not heard any comments from Patrick Peterson since they got their ass kicked.

Last edited:

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Conner averging 4.9 yards a carry on 129 carries. 4.9 is good for 8th in the league.

Fumbles lost for James on 129 carries? That would be zero. (and no I did not just jinx him, there's no such thing guys).

What's a little puzzeling are his receiving stats. Very modest at 14 catches (on 20 targets) for only 36 yards. We're clearly not getting the ball to him with a chance to be effective, although we need to. I think he can make our passing game much more dangerous.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Conner averging 4.9 yards a carry on 129 carries. 4.9 is good for 8th in the league.

Fumbles lost for James on 129 carries? That would be zero. (and no I did not just jinx him, there's no such thing guys).

What's a little puzzeling are his receiving stats. Very modest at 14 catches (on 20 targets) for only 36 yards. We're clearly not getting the ball to him with a chance to be effective, although we need to. I think he can make our passing game much more dangerous.
Team MVP for sure.

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He is under contract for 2024 and will cost around $8.5M against the cap.
Ohhh nice i just heard people postin they want him back....

But very happy he will be a card n y hoping lottttttt better team lol

No stupid inj by kyler in offseason etc.... keep roster healthy trainers!!!

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is Connor the only person to win the award 3 different times?

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ohhh nice i just heard people postin they want him back....

But very happy he will be a card n y hoping lottttttt better team lol

The irony is that 8 months ago I was arguing with several on this board who wanted him gone this past offseason.

There were posters calling Conner "Not very good", "below average", "slow as molasses RB", "he sucks", "replacement level", "among the most mediocre RBs in the NFL"

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The irony is that 8 months ago I was arguing with several on this board who wanted him gone this past offseason.

There were posters calling Conner "Not very good", "below average", "slow as molasses RB", "he sucks", "replacement level", "among the most mediocre RBs in the NFL"
I've always seen him as a top running back whose only negative was getting banged up and missing games for stretches.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've always seen him as a top running back whose only negative was getting banged up and missing games for stretches.
And some of us we saying his contract was too much money for a team that was going to lose so many games

Younger players with a more cost effective contract could have been brought in

Saying that, he has been really good when healthy this year

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yep. We both were driving that train.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
He is under contract for 2024 and will cost around $8.5M against the cap.
Ready for a shocker? I want to bring him back for next season. Now I'll blow a gasket if we give him an extension, but we have to trust Monti won't fall into that trap. Still, having him here will be positive next season, so long as he can stay relatively healthy. Can't ask too, too much of him lol

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ready for a shocker? I want to bring him back for next season. Now I'll blow a gasket if we give him an extension, but we have to trust Monti won't fall into that trap. Still, having him here will be positive next season, so long as he can stay relatively healthy. Can't ask too, too much of him lol

Even I didn't expect him to be back next year seeing as Conner will be 29 years old. However he doesn't appear to be slowing down at all and this offense really seems to revolve around him. I do believe that a quality next in line RB needs to be drafted or brought in via FA next season as well.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:eek:
Even I didn't expect him to be back next year seeing as Conner will be 29 years old. However he doesn't appear to be slowing down at all and this offense really seems to revolve around him. I do believe that a quality next in line RB needs to be drafted or brought in via FA next season as well.
Me either. I thought it was a foregone conclusion that Ertz and Connor would be cut.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

CW, I said the same thing! Remember the Niners game when Colt started and we went to SF and gave them the business?? I remember very well, JC taking short passes out the backfield and doing work!

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

Put me in the group that said he is too slow.
Ya know why?

Because he is slow.
Really good for short yardage and between the tackles power running. But breaking off a sixth yard run around the edge ...or even through the middle...isn't something you will see from him very often

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
And some of us we saying his contract was too much money for a team that was going to lose so many games

Younger players with a more cost effective contract could have been brought in

Saying that, he has been really good when healthy this year
His contract don't mean anything. Monti wasn't going to sign anyone to absorb the extra money

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Put me in the group that said he is too slow.
Ya know why?

Because he is slow.
Really good for short yardage and between the tackles power running. But breaking off a sixth yard run around the edge ...or even through the middle...isn't something you will see from him very often

Longest runs per game by James Conner this season:

WAS 12 yards
NYG 22 yards
DAL 26 yards
SFO 11 yards
CIN 35 yards
ATL 11 yards
HOU 14 yards
LAR 14 yards
PIT 29 yards

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Longest runs per game by James Conner this season:

WAS 12 yards
NYG 22 yards
DAL 26 yards
SFO 11 yards
CIN 35 yards
ATL 11 yards
HOU 14 yards
LAR 14 yards
PIT 29 yards
Right. Dude is a good back. But the huge runs just ain't there... although that 35 was a big run.... It would be nice to have a guy who is a threat to take it to the house from anywhere.

Damn...I hope you know I meant sixty in that quoted post and not sixth...damn autocorrect

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It would be very smart to draft a rb in the same mold as Connor when looking ahead to 2025.