Comments by the Whiners on this Board have become Nauseating

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Not sure if people are 'whining' as you state or simply frustrated

This is a sport where you're either a winner or a loser

and to this point the Cardinals haven't won anything...unless moral victories are your thing...

You spoke of all the same issues everyone else on the board has...
no defense
PP suspension
offense not finishing, but improving

while they have gotten better from last year the Cardinals are light years behind the Rams, Seattle and the 49ers.

Reality is if a team is already out of the playoff hunt in November the team sucks, and if they're already knocked out of the playoffs in October they REALLY SUCK...and the Cardinals lose one more game and the Rams, Seattle and 9ers win again this week, the Cardinals will be knocked out IN SEPTEMBER ( A NEW RECORD)

I feel the worst for Season Ticket Holders....as they actually have money invested that's turned to worthless. Tickets will be sold for $10 lower deck with another loss. Shoot last year I couldn't GIVE away my season tickets for FREE....everyone I called said, "no thanks" I said, "you can have them for FREE." they said, "na" I said, "There goes $265 down the drain...thanks Cardinals" Glad I dropped my tickets this year....23 years was enough for me ...with only 4 winning seasons.

So far I've saved $800

1st preseason game $200
2nd preseason game $200
1st Home Game vs det $300
2nd Home Game vs car $300

That's been my saving grace this year is knowing after the games I AT LEAST kept my money in my pocket.

Last edited:

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Sure that is the final score, but it doesn't fully reflect how a vast majority of the game went. The team fell apart in the 4th quarter, but we were either close or in the lead for most of the game and that certainly doesn't constitute suggesting it was a throttling.

The score is the score. We lost by 18. I posted this on another thread, but it's worth sharing that Kyler Murray was the worst QB in the NFL last week:

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/quick-reads/2019/week-3-quick-reads

Dude, we were down 1 in the 4th quarter. You can twist it any way you want, but that was a competitive game. Btw, their backup QB is significantly better right now than their former starter. And I'm not here to defend our pathetic defense. K1 gave us 3 leads in that game & we blew every one.

Yes, I'm going to "twist it" to the final score, where we lost by 18 to a team that had more losses than we did, at home, after starting the 4th quarter down by 1 point.

How many wins this season would satisfy you?

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Dude, we were down 1 in the 4th quarter. You can twist it any way you want, but that was a competitive game. Btw, their backup QB is significantly better right now than their former starter. And I'm not here to defend our pathetic defense. K1 gave us 3 leads in that game & we blew every one.

Their backup looked better than our starter as well.

Get some pepto for this season, the battle in the offseason set the foundation for how this board is functioning right now.

You have one side of "no nothing about football idiots" watching to see how wrong they all really were, and to make matter worse, if those fans are not wrong then this team is battling Miami for the worst team in the league.

It is not a good situation.

Sent from my mystical communication warp drive device thingy

OP
OP
PACardsFan

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

and to this point the Cardinals haven't won anything...unless moral victories are your thing...

You spoke of all the same issues everyone else on the board has...
no defense
PP suspension
offense not finishing, but improving

while they have gotten better from last year the Cardinals are light years behind the Rams, Seattle and the 49ers.

Reality is if a team is already out of the playoff hunt in November the team sucks, and if they're already knocked out of the playoffs in October they REALLY SUCK...and the Cardinals lose one more game and the Rams, Seattle and 9ers win again this week, the Cardinals will be knocked out IN SEPTEMBER ( A NEW RECORD)

I feel the worst for Season Ticket Holders....as they actually have money invested that's turned to worthless. Tickets will be sold for $10 lower deck with another loss. Shoot last year I couldn't GIVE away my season tickets for FREE....everyone I called said, "no thanks" I said, "you can have them for FREE." they said, "na" I said, "There goes $265 down the drain...thanks Cardinals"

You've completely missed the point I was making:
-This is NOT a playoff team & no one said it was.
-When you are the worst team in the league the previous year (by miles) & the worst Cardinal team EVER, then yes, moral victories do count.
-Why feel bad for the fans? Their tickets are worthless??? I'm thousands of miles away, but would cut off a finger to get to see K1 play every weekend. At this stage in the process, it's about being watchable & exciting. The wins will come, but it doesn't have to be this year. Please give us another top 5 pick!!
-Did you watch this team last year? Murray will surpass Rosen's numbers by midseason. The kid has already proven that he can use his arm & legs. If he were the QB of the Bears, with their D, they would go undefeated.

OP
OP
PACardsFan

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Their backup looked better than our starter as well.

Get some pepto for this season, the battle in the offseason set the foundation for how this board is functioning right now.

You have one side of "no nothing about football idiots" watching to see how wrong they all really were, and to make matter worse, if those fans are not wrong then this team is battling Miami for the worst team in the league.

It is not a good situation.

Their backup looked good because he was only touched twice the entire game. And oh, btw, he fumbled both times. Pepto may be a very good solution when our D is on the field. Watching K1 will be exciting all season.

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Bitching about the cards is a rite of passage. Is nothing sacred anymore?

I haven't seen very much whining here. I've seen plenty of criticism but that's what happens when you aren't winning, especially coming off a 3 win season.

Pro tip: There is an ignore option for people who want a safe space from opposing opinions.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Maybe I’m classed as a whiner, but I try to be specific about issues I see. I think that’s criticism, not whining. How many games was Rosen sacked 8 times? What was the avg yardage on completed passes? Yes 2 longer balls might have been caught, but other deep passes typically weren’t close to completions. The first interception happened because the receiver went one way, Murray threw the other. That’s correctable. On the other hand Murray unnecessarily threw some passes too early. He tried to run too quickly. Where’s the pocket presence? I sorry but I’m not comforted by this team being better than last year's. The D isn’t improved. The offense shows flashes last year's team didn’t, but they’re still flashes. I didn’t expect wins this year. I did expect better overall play. Tell me which players are the basis for hope beyond Murray (who’s no sure thing)? A couple of receivers, maybe. This is a long way from fixed. Looks like too many players are part of the problem, not the solution.

OP
OP
PACardsFan

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The score is the score. We lost by 18. I posted this on another thread, but it's worth sharing that Kyler Murray was the worst QB in the NFL last week:

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/quick-reads/2019/week-3-quick-reads

Yes, I'm going to "twist it" to the final score, where we lost by 18 to a team that had more losses than we did, at home, after starting the 4th quarter down by 1 point.

How many wins this season would satisfy you?

As long as were watchable & exciting, I really don't care how many wins we get or don't get. A top 5 draft pick won't break my heart. When I feel this team is ready on both sides of the ball, then my expectations for W's will be more concrete.

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
The problem with social media is decorum often goes out the window. Maybe we should pretend were all sitting around a table old schcool having a beer talking face to face. Im betting half the insults directed towards others wouldnt be said? Either way, It would make for a fun party though.:cool:

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
You've completely missed the point I was making:
-This is NOT a playoff team & no one said it was.
-When you are the worst team in the league the previous year (by miles) & the worst Cardinal team EVER, then yes, moral victories do count.
-Why feel bad for the fans? Their tickets are worthless??? I'm thousands of miles away, but would cut off a finger to get to see K1 play every weekend. At this stage in the process, it's about being watchable & exciting. The wins will come, but it doesn't have to be this year. Please give us another top 5 pick!!
-Did you watch this team last year? Murray will surpass Rosen's numbers by midseason. The kid has already proven that he can use his arm & legs. If he were the QB of the Bears, with their D, they would go undefeated.

Comparing anyone to Rosen is worthless - as Rosen has been and is still worthless...if he was put into next years draft I'd be shocked if he got picked before the 6th round.
Cut off your fingers to watch them.....don't think you've actually tried to spend the money it costs to go to the games and then see 4 weeks later THE people sitting next to you who spent $10 for the same seats makes you feel....you may want to cut off your fingers
and....no I didn't miss the point....not sure why you're getting so emotional....or it's just coming across that way

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

You be the judge.

Synonyms and Antonyms of whiner
1a person who makes frequent complaints usually about little things
  • don't be a whiner—the hike's not that difficult
Synonyms of whiner
baby, bellyacher, complainer, crybaby, fussbudget, fusser, fusspot, griper, grumbler, kvetch, kvetcher, sniveler

Words Related to whiner
bawler, bleater, moaner, screamer, squawker, wailer, weeper

crab, grump, malcontent

OP
OP
PACardsFan

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Maybe I’m classed as a whiner, but I try to be specific about issues I see. I think that’s criticism, not whining. How many games was Rosen sacked 8 times? What was the avg yardage on completed passes? Yes 2 longer balls might have been caught, but other deep passes typically weren’t close to completions. The first interception happened because the receiver went one way, Murray threw the other. That’s correctable. On the other hand Murray unnecessarily threw some passes too early. He tried to run too quickly. Where’s the pocket presence? I sorry but I’m not comforted by this team being better than last year's. The D isn’t improved. The offense shows flashes last year's team didn’t, but they’re still flashes. I didn’t expect wins this year. I did expect better overall play. Tell me which players are the basis for hope beyond Murray (who’s no sure thing)? A couple of receivers, maybe. This is a long way from fixed. Looks like too many players are part of the problem, not the solution.

By seasons end, Rosen's sack totals would quadruple Murray's. Murray has already escaped sacks that most QB's wouldn't.
-The 2 long balls that were dropped were scoring plays.
- You can criticize K1 all you want, he still completed 70% of his passes & threw 2 td passes. It should have been 4 td passes. He also ran for 70+ yards that created our scoring plays.
- The D does stink. No one is arguing that & that's exactly why we're 0-2-1.
- Who is a sure thing after 3 games???? After 3 games, NONE of the great HOF QB's were sure things. How could they be? That's a silly comment to make. But K1 has already demonstrated that he has the skill sets to be GREAT! He could get hit by a bus tomorrow & there goes the sure thing.

OP
OP
PACardsFan

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Comparing anyone to Rosen is worthless - as Rosen has been and is still worthless...if he was put into next years draft I'd be shocked if he got picked before the 6th round.
Cut off your fingers to watch them.....don't think you've actually tried to spend the money it costs to go to the games and then see 4 weeks later THE people sitting next to you who spent $10 for the same seats makes you feel....you may want to cut off your fingers
and....no I didn't miss the point....not sure why you're getting so emotional....or it's just coming across that way

If I'm coming across as emotional, I apologize. I guess I've thrown in too many capital letters, question marks, etc. I've watched 55 years of Cardinal football & it troubles me to hear fans criticize a QB that I have literally been waiting decades for. Lives can be short & careers can be even shorter. Enjoy this kid for as long you can. We're not like Packer fans & Colts fans that somehow managed to luck into great QB's every turn they took. I've seen great ones & I think K1 will be one of them. Time will tell. Go Cards.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
The problem with social media is decorum often goes out the window. Maybe we should pretend were all sitting around a table old schcool having a beer talking face to face. Im betting half the insults directed towards others wouldnt be said? Either way, It would make for a fun party though.:cool:
Thats how I handle it these days.

Its football. In the end, I really do not care that much about it.

Its entertainment and a distraction.

Talking about it can be fun.

This year and the past few have been tough because of the turnover and the attempt to go WAY outside the norm this year. Not much to talk about, more just wait and see.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Then came the Carolina game. I knew that once Cam was out, this would be a difficult game to win. I wish some of you would go back & re-watch this game. We had 4-5 extremely well orchestrated drives by KK/KM this game. That is more than we had ALL OF LAST YEAR. We had leads of 7-0, 10-7, & 17-14. We were within 21-20. In every instance, the D either allowed a long, sustained drive, or a quick 60+ yard touchdown. K1 had a beautiful drive late in the 1st half to give us the lead with a little more than a minute before halftime. We then gave up a 60 yard TD pass!! Ask anyone who's ever coached at the HC, College, or Pro Level. The key to winning is what your D does after your offense scores. After 3 games, after every single point our offense puts on the scoreboard, our D has allowed points on the ensuing drive. That is just horrible. It's almost impossible for an offense to create any kind of rhythm under these conditions. I'm not even going to try to defend this defense. I was never enthralled with the VJ hire, but he's better than this. He has to be better than this. Losing both starting corners on a defense that was never going to be great to begin with, has hurt us tremendously. It will help a ton when PP21 comes back, but there needs to be urgency and emphasis placed on creating 3 & outs after we score. After 3 games, I'm not sure if ANY NFL D EVER has managed to accomplish the failures that we have. Statistically, it's almost impossible to continue to happen.

So here's how I've seen this season. The offense is improving with every game. We are seeing the offense making better adjustments also. We've had more sustained drives with every game. Carolina kept everything in front of them, and we dinked and dunked our way to a few double digit play TD drives. When we had some opportunities for longer plays, our WR's dropped passes they should have caught. The pass to Kirk brought back memories of Lomax to Green. He HAS to catch that pass. That killed a scoring drive. The pass to Sherfield wasn't perfect, but it should have been caught & he would have walked into the endzone. We settled for a FG due to that drop. So, K1 passes for over 300 yards in the first two games, and everyone is critical that he didn't run more?? Then he uses his feet beautifully against Carolina for 70+ yards, and we still have moronic comments about his progress. We've seen 3 entertaining games. With continued improvement from the offense, and any kind of improvement from the defense, this can still be a team that causes headaches for the opponent. We are not a playoff team, and NO ONE thought we were. We need another draft to beef our OL & front 7 on D. Rome was not built in a day! If Rosen were the QB, we would be 0-3, and the margins of defeat would be enormous. For now, at least K1 is keeping things interesting. Regardless of the asinine comments being made on this board, we have our QBOTF. You have to go back to the early 80's to see the last time we had a QBOTF. We now need to continue to build the team. It's a process, and a frustrating one. Let's see how/if we improve the rest of the way. I for one don't care what our record looks like right now. At least our games are watchable again!!

Was coming on here to post something very similar to this. I just rewatched the first 3 Qts last night and the Offense was awesome. It did fall apart when they started to press more, but those 3 Qts were great to see!

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
If I'm coming across as emotional, I apologize. I guess I've thrown in too many capital letters, question marks, etc. I've watched 55 years of Cardinal football & it troubles me to hear fans criticize a QB that I have literally been waiting decades for. Lives can be short & careers can be even shorter. Enjoy this kid for as long you can. We're not like Packer fans & Colts fans that somehow managed to luck into great QB's every turn they took. I've seen great ones & I think K1 will be one of them. Time will tell. Go Cards.

Waiting decades for this QB?You waited for a short version of Jake Plummer? I`ve seen great ones too...and I doubt KM will fit the bill.Nothing wrong with Plummer..he did get Cards to playoffs IIRC.I have serious doubts concerning KM living up to the #1 and the hype machine.I thought Leinart was going to be the answer and way before that I thought Charley Johnson or Jim Hart would be the longtime star that would get the Cards to the top.I remember the Terry Nofsinger,Pete Beathard,Gary Cuozzo,Steve Pisarkiewicz,Gary Hogeboom,Chris Chandler,Tony Sacca,Gary keithley etc; so there have been some solid players and a multitude of pretenders over the years.

Cardsfanstl

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Very good post & I especially think we're in need of a #1 receiver. Your take on the D is dead on. On that side of the ball, we're either green or have guys that are well past their prime. I've given both Keim & DJ the benefit of the doubt, but I understand where people are coming with both of them. My greatest concern with DJ is with pass protection. He has the physical makeup to be so much better in that area. Just seems disinterested. I've given Keim a slight reprieve, only because the latter stages of BA's involvement took him down the wrong path. After a great start together, they got arrogant & also drank way too much together. Wherever they were seen together, an alcoholic drink was close at hand. I think BA had way too much say on draft day & MB is also at fault for allowing that. MB has seen so few decent Cardinal HC's over the years that he tends to give the successful ones too much leverage. He did the same with Wiz. If Keim has stayed clean, I think he deserves a chance to redeem himself. I understand keeping him on a short leash though. I'd be fine whether MB decided to keep him or replace him at the end of the season. If we show improvement throughout the season, I think Keim keeps his job. If we regress like last year, all bets to retain him are off.

Only negative I can say about Kiem is his first round draft picks have pretty much been sub par. Humphries and Duece have been the only ones that have had decent careers. For some reason this team cannot draft oline men. Other teams have success with it but the Cards cannot.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
As long as were watchable & exciting, I really don't care how many wins we get or don't get. A top 5 draft pick won't break my heart. When I feel this team is ready on both sides of the ball, then my expectations for W's will be more concrete.
+1.

It is too bad our team (take the QB out of it) is not better (I am looking at you Steve Keim).

If the Cardinals could had some better play in ANY area and kept pace with Carolina, that would have been one of the best games produced by the Cardinals in a long time.

But.......that is the problem, Kiem and our scouting department is horrible. The proof is out on the field.

OP
OP
PACardsFan

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
+1.

It is too bad our team (take the QB out of it) is not better (I am looking at you Steve Keim).

If the Cardinals could had some better play in ANY area and kept pace with Carolina, that would have been one of the best games produced by the Cardinals in a long time.

But.......that is the problem, Kiem and our scouting department is horrible. The proof is out on the field.

I agree. I think that BA convinced SK & MB that the window was still open, when it really wasn’t. We got old & slow overnight. We’re still paying for decisions made the last couple years of BASK. We need to stop putting bandaids (Suggs) over problems. Commit to the draft & younger players.

OP
OP
PACardsFan

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Waiting decades for this QB?You waited for a short version of Jake Plummer? I`ve seen great ones too...and I doubt KM will fit the bill.Nothing wrong with Plummer..he did get Cards to playoffs IIRC.I have serious doubts concerning KM living up to the #1 and the hype machine.I thought Leinart was going to be the answer and way before that I thought Charley Johnson or Jim Hart would be the longtime star that would get the Cards to the top.I remember the Terry Nofsinger,Pete Beathard,Gary Cuozzo,Steve Pisarkiewicz,Gary Hogeboom,Chris Chandler,Tony Sacca,Gary keithley etc; so there have been some solid players and a multitude of pretenders over the years.

Charley Johnson was a good QB, but couldn’t stay healthy enough to get us over the hump. We had some good records in the 60’s, but there were no wild cards, and we always ended up a game behind the Browns.

I’ll always love Jim Hart from his Coryell years. Take away the Coryell offense & Hart was pretty average.

I loved the excitement that Plummer brought too. He never had the arm strength or accuracy that K1 possesses, but I loved him just the same. Unfortunately for Plummer, the Cardinals were never going to have lasting success during the Sun Devil Stadium days. Did Plummer qualify as a QBOF for us? Yes, he did.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard