Comments by the Whiners on this Board have become Nauseating

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
First off, I completely understand that everyone wants to see the Cardinals in playoff contention asap. But really folks, it's getting harder & harder to even listen to some of you. For starters, let's not forget just how bad this team was just a year ago. Unwatchable was being kind. For all intents & purposes, we truly were an 0-16 team. If the Niners didn't break injury records, they would have soundly beaten us in both games last year. Even with the mutiny in Green Bay, their CB's dropped 3 fourth quarter gifts that Rosen tried to hand them. That was last year. We knew coming into this year that the schedule was far more difficult. Detroit has proven to be far better than people gave them credit for in the opener. Not many teams go into Philly & win. The Ravens at home is like KC at home. Just an extremely difficult venue for ANY TEAM, let alone a team coming off a 3-13 season with a rookie HC, rookie QB, new offensive system, and a PISS POOR defense. Hell, the Ravens went into KC & lost by 5 with a chance to win at the end. Yet, we gave both Detroit & Baltimore everything they could handle.

Then came the Carolina game. I knew that once Cam was out, this would be a difficult game to win. I wish some of you would go back & re-watch this game. We had 4-5 extremely well orchestrated drives by KK/KM this game. That is more than we had ALL OF LAST YEAR. We had leads of 7-0, 10-7, & 17-14. We were within 21-20. In every instance, the D either allowed a long, sustained drive, or a quick 60+ yard touchdown. K1 had a beautiful drive late in the 1st half to give us the lead with a little more than a minute before halftime. We then gave up a 60 yard TD pass!! Ask anyone who's ever coached at the HC, College, or Pro Level. The key to winning is what your D does after your offense scores. After 3 games, after every single point our offense puts on the scoreboard, our D has allowed points on the ensuing drive. That is just horrible. It's almost impossible for an offense to create any kind of rhythm under these conditions. I'm not even going to try to defend this defense. I was never enthralled with the VJ hire, but he's better than this. He has to be better than this. Losing both starting corners on a defense that was never going to be great to begin with, has hurt us tremendously. It will help a ton when PP21 comes back, but there needs to be urgency and emphasis placed on creating 3 & outs after we score. After 3 games, I'm not sure if ANY NFL D EVER has managed to accomplish the failures that we have. Statistically, it's almost impossible to continue to happen.

So here's how I've seen this season. The offense is improving with every game. We are seeing the offense making better adjustments also. We've had more sustained drives with every game. Carolina kept everything in front of them, and we dinked and dunked our way to a few double digit play TD drives. When we had some opportunities for longer plays, our WR's dropped passes they should have caught. The pass to Kirk brought back memories of Lomax to Green. He HAS to catch that pass. That killed a scoring drive. The pass to Sherfield wasn't perfect, but it should have been caught & he would have walked into the endzone. We settled for a FG due to that drop. So, K1 passes for over 300 yards in the first two games, and everyone is critical that he didn't run more?? Then he uses his feet beautifully against Carolina for 70+ yards, and we still have moronic comments about his progress. We've seen 3 entertaining games. With continued improvement from the offense, and any kind of improvement from the defense, this can still be a team that causes headaches for the opponent. We are not a playoff team, and NO ONE thought we were. We need another draft to beef our OL & front 7 on D. Rome was not built in a day! If Rosen were the QB, we would be 0-3, and the margins of defeat would be enormous. For now, at least K1 is keeping things interesting. Regardless of the asinine comments being made on this board, we have our QBOTF. You have to go back to the early 80's to see the last time we had a QBOTF. We now need to continue to build the team. It's a process, and a frustrating one. Let's see how/if we improve the rest of the way. I for one don't care what our record looks like right now. At least our games are watchable again!!

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
1000% agree

We are not a playoff team, and NO ONE thought we were.

Let's see how/if we improve the rest of the way. I for one don't care what our record looks like right now. At least our games are watchable again!!

You have to go back to the early 80's to see the last time we had a QBOTF.

I thought Jake Plummer was exciting for a while. :)

The improvement from last year to this year is significant. Let's enjoy it and keep getting better.

OP
OP
PACardsFan

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I haven't been saying the sky is falling yet like some others, but calling people "whiners" and "nauseating" is a really fast way to make sure people aren't going to switch to the positive side of things.

Their COMMENTS are whining & nauseating. I am not calling them whiny & nauseating people.

Last edited:
OP
OP
PACardsFan

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
1000% agree

I thought Jake Plummer was exciting for a while. :)

The improvement from last year to this year is significant. Let's enjoy it and keep getting better.

I will always have a place in my heart for Plummer! Definitely exciting, but this franchise never really had any chance to win consistently until the new stadium was built. It was everything or nothing with "Jake the Snake". He was never going to be great, but he certainly was exciting at times!

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The anti Murray didn't like the pick but they had high expectations regarding this season record cause they start to critize the fact he wasn't able to overcome the several deficienses the roster has
That's very logical
I thought the Cardinals were above anything, and every players wearing the Cardinals were fully supported by any fans
But I m wrong probably
And everything cause Murray did enough to have hope for the future
I put good numbers for a rookie with a crappy offense and a defense that can't let him playing more relaxed

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score
I completely agree with PACardsFan. This team was clearly the worst team in football last year, and at or near the bottom in terms of roster talent on both sides of the ball. It's not going to happen over night, so progress is the key. We've already seen progress on the offensive side, now let's hope we see some improvement on the defensive side of the ball. Stay tuned and stay positive.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good post PA. The good news is this site is kept alive by very passionate fans. When people criticize it is not through disdain but from passion.

It is impossible to break down a game from start to finish because to much happens in a 60 minute game. And with losing the failures are always going to be magnified.

We are never going to stop negative post nor should we try. As long as our responses are “ I disagree” or “I think your wrong” that’s cool. We need to refrain with responses like “If that’s what you think you’re an idiot”.

Sometimes a negative response will open my eyes at look at the situation a little differently. NONE of us are experts. We translate what we see into words with our perspective. Some of us can do it with the attitude of the glass is half full. Some of us can’t.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
This is a rebuild. I dont think anyone thought it wasnt except for Steve Keim.

I havent seen a lick of evidence that Murray wasnt the right choice.

But the defense needs a facelift at safety, ILB, DL. Too many green players or has been veterans.

The offensive line needs a marquee player or two. I think it was Kerouac or Chopper who pointed out a few years ago that most good offensive lines at least have two marquee players. Those players elevate the games of everyone around them.

I'm now convinced that David Johnson is just not good enough anymore. At one point, he ran hard and with a violent burst. That burst is gone. And his struggles in pass pro make him a less viable player. He is likely the single worst pass blocker on the team.

The Cardinals MIGHT also need a true #1 receiver. Jeudy or Shenault would really help this offense right now.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I completely agree with PACardsFan. This team was clearly the worst team in football last year, and at or near the bottom in terms of roster talent on both sides of the ball. It's not going to happen over night, so progress is the key. We've already seen progress on the offensive side, now let's hope we see some improvement on the defensive side of the ball. Stay tuned and stay positive.
Problem is, some of us said this all offseason and got ripped to shreds.

Their COMMENTS are whining & nauseating. I am not calling them whiny & nauseating people.
I mean, we're all here pretty much to just make comments about the team. That's pretty much what defines us all, short of some of us who have met in person or post on other sections of the site.

Saying "I think your opinions are whiny and nauseating" in any kind of way is using some pretty loaded words to describe the makeup of this place. I mean, you and I may have saved busloads of orphans last night, but short of knowing you've been a fan for a long time and such, and my profile saying I live in Vegas, we probably don't know much about each other.

I dunno, I just feel like it's dividing rhetoric.

OP
OP
PACardsFan

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is a rebuild. I dont think anyone thought it wasnt except for Steve Keim.

I havent seen a lick of evidence that Murray wasnt the right choice.

But the defense needs a facelift at safety, ILB, DL. Too many green players or has been veterans.

The offensive line needs a marquee player or two. I think it was Kerouac or Chopper who pointed out a few years ago that most good offensive lines at least have two marquee players. Those players elevate the games of everyone around them.

I'm now convinced that David Johnson is just not good enough anymore. At one point, he ran hard and with a violent burst. That burst is gone. And his struggles in pass pro make him a less viable player. He is likely the single worst pass blocker on the team.

The Cardinals MIGHT also need a true #1 receiver. Jeudy or Shenault would really help this offense right now.

Very good post & I especially think we're in need of a #1 receiver. Your take on the D is dead on. On that side of the ball, we're either green or have guys that are well past their prime. I've given both Keim & DJ the benefit of the doubt, but I understand where people are coming with both of them. My greatest concern with DJ is with pass protection. He has the physical makeup to be so much better in that area. Just seems disinterested. I've given Keim a slight reprieve, only because the latter stages of BA's involvement took him down the wrong path. After a great start together, they got arrogant & also drank way too much together. Wherever they were seen together, an alcoholic drink was close at hand. I think BA had way too much say on draft day & MB is also at fault for allowing that. MB has seen so few decent Cardinal HC's over the years that he tends to give the successful ones too much leverage. He did the same with Wiz. If Keim has stayed clean, I think he deserves a chance to redeem himself. I understand keeping him on a short leash though. I'd be fine whether MB decided to keep him or replace him at the end of the season. If we show improvement throughout the season, I think Keim keeps his job. If we regress like last year, all bets to retain him are off.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
This is not a "whiner" take, but it's a bit early to concretely say he's the QBoF. Does Murray have the potential to be the QBoF? Absolutely. Does he have the potential to be a Top-5 QB? You bet. Has he demonstrated enough to confirm the notion that he's a generational, transcendent talent? No.

Based on the posts, national analysis, and draft position, the bar was set very high. The reality is he's a rookie with apparent flaws that he needs to overcome.

As it stands, he's a Top 15-20 QB. I'll be frank: If he isn't a Top-5 QB by year three, when Brady and Brees should retire and Rodgers starts to dimish, I will be sorely disappointed.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
PA, I hear what you're saying. We should all have some tact on this board with our posts especially as it pertains to criticism of the team. But there has to be a level of acceptance that people are angry and rightfully so. I don't know how everyone processes losses on this board. I know how MANY of us do, but not everyone. I myself take L's very hard, I always have. I've gotten better over the years (I no longer break stuff, or take attitudes with others) but I still go hard as hell for my love and passion for the Arizona Cardinals. It's a part of my DNA after having been a fan for 42 years. I tune in every Sunday religiously (or in person) and live and die on each play. If I come across as extra, or bitchy then so be it. I conduct myself with tact on this board and always have so I never take offense to others who disagree with me, unless I'm being attacked personally. But I can't be reeled in by anyone when it comes to my sports teams. I just can't. (Not saying that you're trying to either btw :) )

OP
OP
PACardsFan

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
PA, I hear what you're saying. We should all have some tact on this board with our posts especially as it pertains to criticism of the team. But there has to be a level of acceptance that people are angry and rightfully so. I don't know how everyone processes losses on this board. I know how MANY of us do, but not everyone. I myself take L's very hard, I always have. I've gotten better over the years (I no longer break stuff, or take attitudes with others) but I still go hard as hell for my love and passion for the Arizona Cardinals. It's a part of my DNA after having been a fan for 42 years. I tune in every Sunday religiously (or in person) and live and die on each play. If I come across as extra, or bitchy then so be it. I conduct myself with tact on this board and always have so I never take offense to others who disagree with me, unless I'm being attacked personally. But I can't be reeled in by anyone when it comes to my sports teams. I just can't. (Not saying that you're trying to either btw :) )

My point is why the bitter anger? Did we not all watch what this team looked like last year? I have been watching this franchise since 1964. I've seen some really ugly Cardinal teams in those 55 years. IMO, none were as unwatchable as last year's version. We all KNEW this was not a playoff team. Right? We have played 3 games, and have been competitive in all 3. We have a gifted QBOF who can POTENTIALLY be great real soon. The D is holding us back, but Rome wasn't built overnight. Give it time, enjoy that we're light years better than last year, and there's no need for bitter anger. Just leave the room when the other team has the ball:cool:

OP
OP
PACardsFan

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Everyone, please get used to losing. Get nice and comfortable with it. We've just had our worse loss of the year, at home — enjoy the ride! Welcome back to 2001.

Gross exaggeration. We haven't been throttled yet this season. FWIW, the 2001 Cardinals were 7-9. I would be happy to see that record this season.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Gross exaggeration. We haven't been throttled yet this season. FWIW, the 2001 Cardinals were 7-9. I would be happy to see that record this season.

Well, you won't. What's the worst record you'd be happy with?

We just lost by 18. That's bad by any NFL standard. It's a testament to how far some fans' expectations have fallen that losing by three scores at home to a backup QB is NBD. That fourth quarter should be unacceptable for anyone.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score

We just lost by 18. That's bad by any NFL standard. It's a testament to how far some fans' expectations have fallen that losing by three scores at home to a backup QB is NBD. That fourth quarter should be unacceptable for anyone.
Sure that is the final score, but it doesn't fully reflect how a vast majority of the game went. The team fell apart in the 4th quarter, but we were either close or in the lead for most of the game and that certainly doesn't constitute suggesting it was a throttling.

OP
OP
PACardsFan

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is not a "whiner" take, but it's a bit early to concretely say he's the QBoF. Does Murray have the potential to be the QBoF? Absolutely. Does he have the potential to be a Top-5 QB? You bet. Has he demonstrated enough to confirm the notion that he's a generational, transcendent talent? No.

Based on the posts, national analysis, and draft position, the bar was set very high. The reality is he's a rookie with apparent flaws that he needs to overcome.

As it stands, he's a Top 15-20 QB. I'll be frank: If he isn't a Top-5 QB by year three, when Brady and Brees should retire and Rodgers starts to dimish, I will be sorely disappointed.

He can be a QBOF without the bs generational tag. He's already looked better in 3 games than a very high percentage of rookie QB's that I have ever seen & I've seen some great ones. In the 3 games so far, he's the best rookie Cardinal QB that I have seen in my lifetime. Feel free to walk around disappointed. That's your prerogative. I'll just watch a budding star & be happy.

OP
OP
PACardsFan

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Dude, we were down 1 in the 4th quarter. You can twist it any way you want, but that was a competitive game. Btw, their backup QB is significantly better right now than their former starter. And I'm not here to defend our pathetic defense. K1 gave us 3 leads in that game & we blew every one.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Everyone, please get used to losing. Get nice and comfortable with it. We've just had our worse loss of the year, at home — enjoy the ride! Welcome back to 2001.

2001 - 7 wins? I would take that as a successful first year based on the changes and 2018.