Colts at Cardinals gameday thread 12-25-2021

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This team is in a mental death spiral right now. Stupid penalties all over the place. We lost to a Colts team who had 10+ players that were out or hurt during the gain, especially on the O line and we still were stalemated. The WTF moment for me was rushing only 3 D linemen on that TD late in the game. I just think VJ is trying to be too cute and throwing crap against the wall, and reeks desperation.

TitanLurker

Reaction score
of course we did if you look earlier in the week when we found out our punter had Covid I was the first one who said the big issue with that is he's our holder. the first 2 missed kicks were the holders fault. The 3rd one was on Prater perfect hold he just missed.
Not having a serviceable backup holder, even Kyler or Colt who easily have the ball skills to catch, spin, and set a hold, is not acceptable coaching. It's an oversight. It's on the coaching staff.

And I wasn't calling you out (I don't think I replied to you originally) but there are several people here who seem to believe the league is entirely corrupt, entirely fixed, someone mentioned WWE tonight....... and that's an awful look. If people believe that and still watch the NFL, it says more about them than the league.

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Not having a serviceable backup holder, even Kyler or Colt who easily have the ball skills to catch, spin, and set a hold, is not acceptable coaching. It's an oversight. It's on the coaching staff.

And I wasn't calling you out (I don't think I replied to you originally) but there are several people here who seem to believe the league is entirely corrupt, entirely fixed, someone mentioned WWE tonight....... and that's an awful look. If people believe that and still watch the NFL, it says more about them than the league.
An incompetent backup holder is now looking very similar to last season’s lack of a competent backup QB (a la Streveler). Also, KK is not an NFL-caliber leader and the team is paying a hefty price for hiring such an incompetent HC.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This was the turning point to me. We stopped them and the place was going nuts. Gave it right back. Run the damn ball.
Kliff always seems to have a series where we gain momentum and then go 3 and out in about 30 seconds

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
The whole arrogance of saving players for the playoffs is looking a bit silly now also
And people on this board need to grow up. Too much "protect Kyler" and "protect Chase" and "protect this player". If you have to protect players that much they aren't that good.

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Y'all left PLENTY of points on the board without any questionable calls. And there are several people on this board who are quick to say "the NFL wants XXXX to win over us because....." which is a terrible look for the board.

Y'all lost this game straight up. It's got nothing to do with the refs. Y'all didn't execute and got beat and I wanted you to win, obviously, because we need the Colts to lose.
Shut Tf up

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think we have too many dumb players that can handle our 5 inch thick play book and that includes Kyler.

If we re- sign Kirk , I’ll puke.

Same. That said, it’s gonna be awesome when all we have at WR in the off-season is Hop and some puny kid who couldn’t stay healthy in college and became useless after a couple games this before getting injured again.

Future’s bright there.

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Insightful. I'll assume you're 15.
I’m 52 you ******** we don’t need your analysis on our board. Wtf. I’m obviously not happy I don’t your ******** ********. You that big of a loser you sit at home to troll another teams board on Christmas after a loss??

TitanLurker

Reaction score
I’m 52 you ******** we don’t need your analysis on our board. Wtf. I’m obviously not happy I don’t your ******** ********. You that big of a loser you sit at home to troll another teams board on Christmas after a loss??
Not trolling at all. My original post referred to why Kyler can't step into his throws when he's under pressure. He's too short.

The Titans needed y'all to win. I get it that you're upset but acting the fool merely makes you look like the fool. The refs didn't screw you. Your team left points and key plays on the field.

Man up. It's a man's league.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
If people believe that and still watch the NFL, it says more about them than the league.

Why? Aren't most TV dramas scripted, and yet people still watch them? Heck, some people even watch the same episode multiple times. It's not like they're expecting a different outcome. They just enjoy the ups and downs of the story.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
We are back to having Joe Walker and Antonio Hamilton playing significant snaps on defense. That is inexcusable. If you draft 2 ILBs in the first round in back to back years, and the team is still playing Joe Walker, somebody needs to get fired. It's a slap in the face to the fan base.

This secondary is somehow in worse shape than it was last year, too, which is just ridiculous. Of course Alford got hurt. He always does. Wilson has a history of injuries, which is one of the reasons he fell to the 4th. Now we are down to the Hamiltons and Kevin Petersons of the league to try to hobble through to the end. Again, inexcusable.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This entire team has fallen off a cliff and I just have no idea why.

We were top 5/10 in every category over the first 10 games and now nothing is working nothing at all
Lack of leadership. Coach first. Typically QB second.

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Not trolling at all. My original post referred to why Kyler can't step into his throws when he's under pressure. He's too short.

The Titans needed y'all to win. I get it that you're upset but acting the fool merely makes you look like the fool. The refs didn't screw you. Your team left points and key plays on the field.

Man up. It's a man's league.
No ******** again it’s not man up. We don’t need or let me say I don’t need your stupid shot here. It’s a bad loss against a bad team and we have played like ****. You coming over stating anything so called Insightful after a bad loss and we are frustrated is stupid and makes no sense. If you think that makes sense you are dumber than I thought

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
We are back to being the same ol Cardinals we have lost to 5 terrible teams with A missing half their starters our B they suck in general. Carolina and Detroit. How do we do that? After being 7-0. Unless we are cursed and just back to being the same ****** team that disappoints the fan base more than any team in the history of sports.

TitanLurker

Reaction score
Why? Aren't most TV dramas scripted, and yet people still watch them? Heck, some people even watch the same episode multiple times. It's not like they're expecting a different outcome. They just enjoy the ups and downs of the story.
A reality show where some of the participants are paid 10-15 million a year?

I've known some very very very dumb rich people in my life but none that dumb.

TitanLurker

Reaction score
No ******** again it’s not man up. We don’t need or let me say I don’t need your stupid shot here. It’s a bad loss against a bad team and we have played like ****. You coming over stating anything so called Insightful after a bad loss and we are frustrated is stupid and makes no sense. If you think that makes sense you are dumber than I thought
There's probably an ignore function on this board. You could do the mature thing and ignore those "you don't need" eh?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Dude he said nothing that was that bad. The loss hurts. Maybe vent about the team sucking instead of some guy you don’t know pointing out something that’s accurate.

TitanLurker

Reaction score
Dude he said nothing that was that bad. The loss hurts. Maybe vent about the team sucking instead of some guy you don’t know pointing out something that’s accurate.
Man, I'll leave. It's not worth it. I wish y'all had pulled it out.

As an aside, if there's a moderator.....just delete/ban the account I created. It's not worth it to me.

Morty

Veteran
Reaction score
I'm going to use this to explain why I watch the Cards to my wife.
Thanks!