Coffee Thread

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
One cup in the morning and usually one in the afternoon during the week. Usually just black. I’ll throw in some creamer if I’m feeling daring.

Saturday mornings I drink a ton. Well, maybe not a ton but probably half a pot. I play hoops Saturday mornings and I use coffee as my performance enhancing drug.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Starbucks coffee sucks. It taste burnt.

:thewave: :band:

STARBUCK'S FRIGGIN' BLOWS!

Gas stations make better coffee. Seriously, it's crap.

I drink Illy espresso, drawn short, black. Segafredo and Lavazza make decent espressos as well. I use pods since getting the grind right, at home, is really tough.

Last edited:

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
I’m a purist when it comes to my coffee. I only drink 100% Arabica beans, medium roast. Even tho I really like Safeway’s French Roast (cuz it’s not roasted too darkly). To prepare it, I only use a French press.

I have a large mug in the morning with half and half and a shot of sugar-free hazelnut syrup. Sometimes, if I need a pick-me-up I’ll get some from Starbucks but the only thing I ever get is a double espresso and I add the half and half on the side.

I really like Yaucono coffee from Puerto Rico, but it’s hard to find in these parts.

Last edited:

Gizmo Williams

Registered
Reaction score
Agreed about Starbucks...I think they over roast the coffee intentionally to mask either inferior beans or control the consistency of the flavor. Anyways..they are a great company but their coffee (especially their drip) sucks.

I love Dunkin Donuts coffee. I always have a few cups of Dunkin Donuts Original or Trader Joe's Peaberry in the morning.

In Phoenix, I loved Lux coffee...the old owner really was fanatical about his coffee. The new owner is getting beter.

In SF, there is a place called Phil'z Cup at at Time that I go to when I am in the neighborhood. He has about 30 varieties and he grinds and brews them a cup at a time as you order them. Slightly warms the cream and mixes it all together. Great cup of coffee.

AZZenny

Reaction score
Make my own blend (1 part Kona to 3 parts Kuaui from Trader Joe's, which slightly under roasts; fresh grind a little batch every 3 days or so) then every AM, first thing, I make one strong cup with a melitta filter-cone drip, and have it black. A few times a summer I'll make extra-strong, sweetened black coffee and have it heavily iced with a little float of unsweetened heavy cream on top, Kyoto style.

Starbucks does burn their beans, and their non-espresso is undrinkable, but in winter I'll have an occasional cappuccino, and in summer a coffee frapuccino on a hot tired afternoon is very nice (occasionally in mocha or caramel). But that's hardly coffee, it's more like a coffee milk shake. (The mocha with malt is especially tasty.)

I've had Japanese, Italian, and Israeli coffee and espresso at their local chain type places, and all are incredibly much better than Starbucks (and certainly better than McDonald's) -- but they're so darn convenient, and none of the other US espresso-type chains are significantly better IMO. If for some strange reason I want to buy a plain coffee traveling in the US, I look for Dunkin' Donuts.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I've had turkish coffee... the stuff is like motor oil and keeps you up 3 days like you were on a heroin binge

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've never tried the McDonalds coffee and I think the Dunkin Donuts coffee tastes like crap. Those are the only ones that I don't like.

OP
OP
Mulli

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey, Starbucks bastardos, when I order two shots over ice, it is okay to call it two shots over ice or an iced doppio. If you call it a iced tall no water Americano, I will know you are a death eather and hate you for it.

Iced tall no water Americano! Why not Latte no milk no foam? Or Cappuccino no water no milk?

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Capresso Impressa will be here today. Finally, I'll be able to enjoy some fantastic espresso.

I do a 4-shot latte regularly and Starbucks just doesn't cut it.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Starbucks Reports Higher Profit, Maintains Outlook for Year

Starbucks reported higher quarterly earnings on Wednesday, helped by a larger number of stores, and maintained its full-year profit outlook.
Net income for the fiscal third quarter was $158 million, or 21 cents a share, compared with $145 million, or 18 cents a share, a year ago.
Wall Street analysts, on average, had been expecting earnings of 21 cents a share, according to Reuters Estimates.

The company said revenue rose 20% to $2.4 billion, also in-line with with analysts' forecast.
"Starbucks delivered solid financial performance while expanding globally," said CEO Jim Donald, in a prepared statement. "Record store openings helped drive revenue growth of 20 percent."
Looking ahead, Starbucks maintained previous forecasts for fiscal 2007 but offered new targets for 2008, saying it expects 2008 earnings-per-share growth in a range of 20% to 22%, with revenue growth of 18%.
Starbucks shares rose 4% in after-hours trading.

OP
OP
Mulli

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got a Nespresso machine last September. Excellent expresso.

I just made an amazing discovery.

1 long shot or 2 smaller shots.

1/3 cup (approximately) coconut milk

cayenne pepper to taste

a little honey.

Most excellent

Beaver

Maximum Effort
Reaction score
Coffee drinker now :)

I add grass fed butter and coconut oil and mix in a blender for breakfast everyday. To the coffee I should say...

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Every morning:

1. Grind beans

2. Two parts espresso (about four shots), one part 2% milk on four cubes of ice. Down that.

3. Four tablespoons of coffee through drip maker for thermos to take to work.

4. After lunch, repeat number 2 above.

5. Yes I have a problem.

All beans come from Lux downtown.

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I got a Nespresso machine last September. Excellent expresso.

I just made an amazing discovery.

1 long shot or 2 smaller shots.

1/3 cup (approximately) coconut milk

cayenne pepper to taste

a little honey.

Most excellent

SUCKER! Youre paying 51 bucks a pound for coffee, and making a bunch of waste! DOWN WITH SINGLE SERVE ESPRESSO MACHINES!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard