Coffee Thread

OP
OP
Mulli

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
SUCKER! Youre paying 51 bucks a pound for coffee, and making a bunch of waste! DOWN WITH SINGLE SERVE ESPRESSO MACHINES!

And your restaurant probably charges at least $5 for crappier coffee/espresso!

:mulli::)

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got a Nespresso machine last September. Excellent expresso.

I just made an amazing discovery.

1 long shot or 2 smaller shots.

1/3 cup (approximately) coconut milk

cayenne pepper to taste

a little honey.

Most excellent

What inspired the cayenne pepper experiment. Sounds interesting.

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I'm a badman when it comes to pouring the perfect spresso, timing and the grind is everything. We dodn't use the milk frother doohickey on our machine, it's known to be the first thing to go out on the unit. It's been going strong for over 2 years now, still saving some serious coin.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
On weekends, ground coffee, little cream, little sugar.

On weekdays, black. Anything it takes to make 5am not feel like 5am.

LVG

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
On weekends, ground coffee, little cream, little sugar.

On weekdays, black. Anything it takes to make 5am not feel like 5am.

This.

If beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy, then coffee is proof that God wants us to be awake and productive. :)

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really miss coffee. Learned to drink it black working rotating shifts in the Army and never developed a taste for any of the sweet stuff. It was tied so closely to my cigarette habit that I had to give it up when I gave up smoking. Even now the smell of freshly brewed coffee has me reaching for my pack of Winstons.

Steve

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I drink my coffee black with nothing else in it. Coffee needs to go down smooth with no bite no matter what strength. It seems a lot of people like to doctor their coffee to where it looks almost like a shake. That's fine but I were going to do that, I would rather have a shake.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you drink coffee?

Nope. Tried it a few times, but just do not like it. Bleh. Have had maybe three sips of coffee in my life. More than enough to confirm that I can live without it.

Same for tea.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I drink my coffee black with nothing else in it. Coffee needs to go down smooth with no bite no matter what strength. It seems a lot of people like to doctor their coffee to where it looks almost like a shake. That's fine but I were going to do that, I would rather have a shake.

I tried drinking it black...too bad nobody told me the coffee was cold.:barf:

Beaver

Maximum Effort
Reaction score
Like what?

Increased HDL cholesterol
Omega 3s
Vitamin K2, prevents Osteoporosis and clogged arteries
Anti-inflammatory

Adding it to my coffee along with MTC and coconut oil gives me energy all morning and I feel full without snacking before lunch.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score

Totally agree! Sorta... I like my coffee as dark as possible and will often drink it black. However, more often than not I'll add just a dash of raw sugar and a tiny splash of cream.

Reaction score

This. Black or not at all. ;)

Reaction score
Nope. Tried it a few times, but just do not like it. Bleh. Have had maybe three sips of coffee in my life. More than enough to confirm that I can live without it.

Same for tea.

Now tea I can't live without. I like my tea like my women. Cold & bitter. :p

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All I drink is Dunkin Donuts coffee now. Best.

A friend of mine tried it, liked it, and began drinking their coffee exclusively, but he couldn't handle it. He said it affected him in a bad way. Simply put, he feels their slogan is right on: "America Runs on Dunkin."

:D

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
All I drink is Dunkin Donuts coffee now. Best.

Dunkin Donuts coffee is actually pretty good.

This is coming from someone who wakes up every morning, grinds their coffee beans in a burr grinder, boils the water, and uses a French press. I guess I'm a coffee snob. Or a nancy boy. Whatever. :D Can't drink it black though. So I add just enough creamer, usually something simple like vanilla or hazelnut, to take the edge off. But not enough to get rid of the actual coffee flavor.

I don't understand how anyone can drink Folgers, Maxwell House, or any of the other cheap brands. (Again, coffee snob.) Dunkin Donuts though, I really like.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard