Clippers @ Suns Monday WCF game thread 6-28-2021 - Game 5

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
They most definitely have a better flow to their offense than we've had since we got back CP. It's a weird conundrum right now with that dynamic. You can't limit CP. But he's just destroying our ability to get other guys going so far. Our offense is very clunky and I think the clips just know how to defend him very well.
It started out bad when Book took the ball and never even glanced at his team mates and bricked the shot. Out first few possessions were just like that. We win when we pass the ball around and find the open man. That is why our wins have 6 or more scoring in double digits. We play great when we play as a team. Yeah, Book will get his points, but when we play as a team we win more.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am sorry but this is on Monty. If not for the ally oop in Game 2? This series is tied 2-2. The Suns offense has not looked great 3 games running.

Monty can’t figure out their zone. He didn’t prepare them for small ball. He can’t get Ayton the ball. When Crowder or Bridges touches the ball the offense freezes. He has he 3 games to figure this out.

Lue looks brilliant right now.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
I still don't get why Carter isn't getting some minutes. He could make a difference guarding those 3 pointers - Jackson, Beverly, etc.

Monty... I just don't know.

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Dbook worst 30 piece ive ever seen. Absolutely awful.

How Suns dont run pick and role every single play with no big on the clipps tonight blows my mind.

how do you leave them at the three, thats all they want and all they do. DO NOT ROTATE OFF REGGIE

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Next game suns half to double Morris and boogie in the post.

they killed us.
No. The guys you pay and rely on to play defense need to make PG and Reggie Jackson look somewhat uncomfortable. Both these dudes have pick up game space. Neither making that many spectacular shots.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
what he’s doing without Leonard is amazing

he just adjusts and adjusts till he shuts down the core of the opposing teams offense.

he has done it in all 3 series.

we have somewhat done it to them, but they still are effectively posting us up, and George is playing better in iso than booker.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
TBF Morris makes 16 mill a year, Boogie made multiple all stars and Reggie Jackson might be the most underpaid player in the league.

This is the danger of letting this team linger. They are the deepest team in the league.

16 million isn’t a lot in the NBA that’s pretty much role player money and Boogie is nowhere near the player he was before the injuries they picked him up off the scrap heap and Reggie Jackson is quality but let’s not act like he’s a star

come on dude.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
I think the Suns need to play Cam more. He has fresh legs and he disrupts on defense and he makes big plays.
They most definitely have a better flow to their offense than we've had since we got back CP. It's a weird conundrum right now with that dynamic. You can't limit CP. But he's just destroying our ability to get other guys going so far. Our offense is very clunky and I think the clips just know how to defend him very well.

George does a great job of getting past his primary defender and breaking down defensive sets. One step and he's gone. Once he gets free he has nice vision to set up teammates, score, draw fouls, etc. Pretty remarkable player.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Dbook worst 30 piece ive ever seen. Absolutely awful.

How Suns dont run pick and role every single play with no big on the clipps tonight blows my mind.

how do you leave them at the three, thats all they want and all they do. DO NOT ROTATE OFF REGGIE

See my post right before yours.

Monty isn't getting it.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
We were able to squeak out 3 wins.. while their 2 wins were just smashing us.. Sad to say but we are on borrowed time..

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
I think the Suns need to play Cam more. He has fresh legs and he's t

George does a great job of getting past his primary defender and breaking down defensive sets. One step and he's gone. Once he gets free he has nice vision to set up teammates, score, draw fouls, etc. Pretty remarkable player.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
This team played soft tonight. Out rebounded, out hustled and dominated in the paint

Disappointing but thankfully we have 2 more chances to make up for it. Hopefully we only need 1

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No. The guys you pay and rely on to play defense need to make PG and Reggie Jackson look somewhat uncomfortable. Both these dudes have pick up game space. Neither making that many spectacular shots.

why wasn’t Craig in the game earlier on PG.

Just head scratching

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

We have no chance whatsoever playing the post with booker on Morris or Dario on cousins. They will score in those matchups 90 percent of the time.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
odd game. suns were out-smarted. this is on Monty, but...

CP3 didn't lead. hasn't played with energy or urgency since he's been back.
Booker's defense got us off to an awful start in the first half and the Clips went at him all game.
Crowder needs to shut his mouth and put the ball in the basket.
Bridges absent on offense, again.
Ayton playing like he already has that max contract.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Next game suns half to double Morris and boogie in the post.

they killed us.

Seems to me everytime they doubled Boogie he passed out of it for a good shot. 15 points 3 assists in 11 minutes.

If Zubac can't play the next game the Suns have to figure out how to exploit it with Ayton, or find someone to play the 5 that will. 10 points and -22 when on the court. He just never found his spot against that small lineup.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I still don't get why Carter isn't getting some minutes. He could make a difference guarding those 3 pointers - Jackson, Beverly, etc.

CP eating up those minutes. But I agree. That's the difference between Lue and Monty. He will do what's necessary on the perimeter with defense to disrupt the flow of our offense. Monty won't with CP.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I will say ayton did not bring the same effort in this game. He did not consistently run down the floor and did not rebound as aggressively.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Clippers zone worked because the suns can’t shoot 3s and Ayton can’t catch a pass when guarded by a smaller player.

Clippers offense worked because the suns kept switching on weak off ball screens and because Paul George travels and pushes a lot.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Seems to me everytime they doubled Boogie he passed out of it for a good shot. 15 points 3 assists in 11 minutes.

If Zubac can't play the next game the Suns have to figure out how to exploit it with Ayton, or find someone to play the 5 that will. 10 points and -22 when on the court. He just never found his spot against that small lineup.

he literally got 1 shot attempt in the 1st. Not 1 pick and role

Monty and Paul got confused by a zone defense that’s just so unforgivable.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
All those threes Crowder made against Denver aren't falling.

Billythekidd

Rookie
Reaction score

Absolutely! For him to not even get a sniff this whole series is bewildering. We need a little grunt and attitude against these goons.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Paul George, 15 of 20 for 41 points and 13 rebounds! Wow what a night!
Boogie, 15 points in 11 mins!
Marcus Morris, 9 of 16 for 22 points!
Reggie Jackson, 8 of 14 for 23 points!

What a night for these guys… Ugh…

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
okay. Then don’t watch.

giving up on this team after this entire season is peak silliness to me.
It’s not silliness it’s looking at what lays ahead. Monty has shown zero ability to overcome Lue’s defensive scheming. That’s five straight games they’ve stifled us. We don’t have momentum. And Paul has an unfortunate history in the playoffs.

I’m not saying I think we lose this series. I’m saying it’s a total toss up. And big Mo will be on the clips side if we go 7 winning 3 of 4.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

not going to happen.

I swear I don’t think most of you watched the regular season games.

Ayton blows when you tried to feed him in the post. First off it’s 50/50 he actually can catch it, and if he does unles he is 3 feet from the basket you get a bad shot attempt.

that is what has to be worked on over the summer and during next regular season. It is not happening now.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard