Clippers @ Suns Monday WCF game thread 6-28-2021 - Game 5

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns last two wins over the Clippers have been nail biters and Phoenix hasn't played particularly well. They have grinded out close wins which has been a signature for this team all season.

I'm hoping the Suns come out with a huge effort on Monday and finish the series.

Also Devin Booker and Cam Payne could use some time to heal.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The Suns last two wins over the Clippers have been nail biters and Phoenix hasn't played particularly well. They have grinded out close wins which has been a signature for this team all season.

I'm hoping the Suns come out with a huge effort on Monday and finish the series.

Also Devin Booker and Cam Payne could use some time to heal.
Phoenix hasn’t played particularly well offensively. Defensively is another matter entirely.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, there’s a potentially BIG pothole staring the Suns in the face if we advance to the next round and why Booker MUST keep his cool in the next game if Beverly pulls some crap.

he’s now got 5 technical fouls in the playoffs. Same as Crowder. If either player gets Two more, that brings a one game suspension. That could be disastrous in the Finals and why Booker’s immaturity and tough guy act still bother me.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So, there’s a potentially BIG pothole staring the Suns in the face if we advance to the next round and why Booker MUST keep his cool in the next game if Beverly pulls some crap.

he’s now got 5 technical fouls in the playoffs. Same as Crowder. If either player gets Two more, that brings a one game suspension. That could be disastrous in the Finals and why Booker’s immaturity and tough guy act still bother me.

Amazing how the clippers are able to have fewer techs

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
I see some of you are predicting a big win by the Suns. IDK. If we don’t get improved shooting from Paul and Book, it could be another long game. We were fortunate to pull out wins in games 2 and 4. Let’s hope that continues.

Last edited:

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I am not worried about the Hawks with this, but the Bucks will try to bait him.

This is why the customary double technical is stupid. That's just an easy way to respond as a ref. They need to figure out who is at fault and call the T on one person unless the two people are actually both doing something g worthy of a T.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The think this is a 10 to 15 point game. Two things. I don’t expect the Clippers to continue to miss threes. They were one of the best all season long. If they get hot and our guard shooting continues to be poor? They could get a win. Having said that, I don’t expect another game where CP3 or Booker doesn’t go off. They can’t cover both Book and CP3 at the same time.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

Happened to Draymond in the finals and it flipped the series. A lot of people remember the nut punch being a suspension but it was actually the accumulation of technicals. Sorry to open old wounds. @Russ Smith

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am not worried about the Hawks with this, but the Bucks will try to bait him.

This is why the customary double technical is stupid. That's just an easy way to respond as a ref. They need to figure out who is at fault and call the T on one person unless the two people are actually both doing something g worthy of a T.

this is why Booker playing tough guy to Jokic and taunting the Lakers was stupid. That's 5 Ts in 14 games. The leader of our team has to be smarter than that.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
The think this is a 10 to 15 point game. Two things. I don’t expect the Clippers to continue to miss threes. They were one of the best all season long. If they get hot and our guard shooting continues to be poor? They could get a win. Having said that, I don’t expect another game where CP3 or Booker doesn’t go off. They can’t cover both Book and CP3 at the same time.
I have to imagine if you have to expect the Clippers shooting to get better than you have to expect Booker and CP3 to be better as well. What are the odds that Book and Paul have 3 straight games where they combine for sub 40% shooting? I think a big part of the Clippers poor shooting is fatigue and they will likely only be more fatigued in game 5.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
this is why Booker playing tough guy to Jokic and taunting the Lakers was stupid. That's 5 Ts in 14 games. The leader of our team has to be smarter than that.

i would say the Jokic one was ok. Crowder had stood up for our guys a few times.

I think it was game 5 of Lakers where we also picked up some dumb T’s.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Brendon Kleen
⁦‪@BrendonKleen14‬⁩

You must be registered for see images

Monty Williams says the the Suns practiced today just to refocus the team, keep their rhythm and revisit last night's win

Adds that this time of the year, practices are rarely super intense, but more of a smell the gym thing, as the team likes to call it

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Happened to Draymond in the finals and it flipped the series. A lot of people remember the nut punch being a suspension but it was actually the accumulation of technicals. Sorry to open old wounds. @Russ Smith

He brought it on himself but yeah that changed the series.

Frankly I bet that's why George bumped Booker he wanted to goad him into responding. I'm actually surprised they haven't called a taunting T on Beverley yet. he's playing great defense, but after he does it he's clearly taunting Suns players and it's not subtle.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I see some of you are predicting a big win by the Suns. IDK. If we don’t get improved shooting from Paul and Book it could be another long game. We were fortunate to pull out wins in games 2 and 4. Let’shope that continues.

I didn't check but saw elsewhere the Clips have actually scored 3 more points in the series than the Suns have, 3 close losses one big win

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have to imagine if you have to expect the Clippers shooting to get better than you have to expect Booker and CP3 to be better as well. What are the odds that Book and Paul have 3 straight games where they combine for sub 40% shooting? I think a big part of the Clippers poor shooting is fatigue and they will likely only be more fatigued in game 5.
I believe that is what I said?! Even during the telecast they said tired teams tend to shoot more 3’s not less.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe that is what I said?! Even during the telecast they said tired teams tend to shoot more 3’s not less. So the Clips shooting more and making more means the Suns have to do all the other stuff well. Like rebounding and controlling the paint. Couple that with good shooting for our guards we should be able to counter.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard