Clippers Blake Griffin Opts out of contract

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Blake's had some character issues from what I can remember and has injury concerns. But you can't deny his talent.

A starting lineup of Bledsoe, Booker, Jackson, Griffin, and Chris should be enough to make the playoffs and maybe challenge with an outside change of getting home court advantage in the first round.

BleedRed

Registered
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Yes! He must be near the same age as Bledsoe. Makes us a playoff team with a young core that can still grow together. Would be a great addition.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Go after blake what a fun team that would be! Griffen, booker,jackson,bender,bledsoe playoff potential. Hey one can dream right....

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The kind of guy you hate to play against but love to have on your team.

OP
OP
az jam

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yes! He must be near the same age as Bledsoe. Makes us a playoff team with a young core that can still grow together. Would be a great addition.

Griffin turned 28 in March while Bledsoe will be 28 in December. Both have been in the NBA for 6 years.

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
If McD can land him go for it. I bet our medical staff and trainers are better than the Clips. Look what they did for Grant Hill after he came here. Blakes a top tier player weve been missing since Nash or Barkley.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
That stupid on BG's end... Why wouldn't he play out this last year and attempt to prove that he's not made out of low strength, single ply toilet paper? Does anyone want this guy right now for the money he expects to get?

I dont think he has the value he thinks he has as it stands right now. He will want a HUGE contract and I doubt anyone is going to give him what he wants given that he sits out the playoffs EVERY YEAR.

This guy has a crappy attitude and is made of glass, no thank you.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That stupid on BG's end... Why wouldn't he play out this last year and attempt to prove that he's not made out of low strength, single ply toilet paper? Does anyone want this guy right now for the money he expects to get?

I dont think he has the value he thinks he has as it stands right now. He will want a HUGE contract and I doubt anyone is going to give him what he wants given that he sits out the playoffs EVERY YEAR.

This guy has a crappy attitude and is made of glass, no thank you.
He is going to get huge money.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not that I think it would happen but adding him and CP3? We are in the playoffs for sure. Sure worried about injuries and such but man.

OP
OP
az jam

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There will be lots of competition for him. i really wonder if the Suns have a chance or actually want him.

Griffin, 28, is a cornerstone player for the Clippers, a priority for them to re-sign this summer. Boston, Houston and Miami are among multiple possible free-agent destinations for Griffin, who’ll also consider returning to the Clippers.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Talk about a team with attitude. Everyone would be afraid to play us.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It would be great until the playoffs when they BOTH would be out with some sort of injury. Not worth the $$ it would take to sign either one of them IMO.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Hard pass.

This guy has turned into a walking injury and has missed sooooooo many games over just the last few seasons.

I can't believe people are seriously wanting him because he said he would like to play for the Suns....he said he would like to play for the Suns because he knows we're one of the few teams who can create cap space to sign him and has an owner who may be dumb enough to rush the rebuilding process to sign him to a ridiculous contract. Plus we probably have the best city out of those teams too and he wouldn't have any pressure playing for the Suns either since everyone expect them to be bad.

Don't kid yourselves, he only said Phoenix because of the money, not because of anything else.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Hard pass.

This guy has turned into a walking injury and has missed sooooooo many games over just the last few seasons.

I can't believe people are seriously wanting him because he said he would like to play for the Suns....he said he would like to play for the Suns because he knows we're one of the few teams who can create cap space to sign him and has an owner who may be dumb enough to rush the rebuilding process to sign him to a ridiculous contract. Plus we probably have the best city out of those teams too and he wouldn't have any pressure playing for the Suns either since everyone expect them to be bad.

Don't kid yourselves, he only said Phoenix because of the money, not because of anything else.
These people seem to completely disregard the fact that this dude is a benchwarmer in every Playoffs.

I mean I like alley oop dunks in November as much as the next guy but I'd rather have games in May and June without a 80million dollar cheerleader on the bench.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Blake's had some character issues from what I can remember and has injury concerns. But you can't deny his talent.

A starting lineup of Bledsoe, Booker, Jackson, Griffin, and Chris should be enough to make the playoffs and maybe challenge with an outside change of getting home court advantage in the first round.

The spacing on offense would be pretty rough... but it would be a boatload of athletes all together. If Bledsoe was a knock down shooter from 3, that lineup could work.. but it's also a lineup heavily depending on TWO main cogs with major injury history.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Talk about a team with attitude. Everyone would be afraid to play us.

I think Blake is fake attitude. I've lived in LA during his entire run with the clips, and NO ONE is afraid to play them even though they have CP3 and Blake... because they're primadonnas... and SUPER weak mentally.

Watch Blake at the end of almost ANY close game and his nuts shrivel up smaller than Shawn Marion against the Spurs every year in the playoffs.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I think Blake is fake attitude. I've lived in LA during his entire run with the clips, and NO ONE is afraid to play them even though they have CP3 and Blake... because they're primadonnas... and SUPER weak mentally.

Watch Blake at the end of almost ANY close game and his nuts shrivel up smaller than Shawn Marion against the Spurs every year in the playoffs.

That is the greatest simile I have ever heard. I was going to say he is more of a tortilla than Marion, but your comparison is much better.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is the greatest simile I have ever heard. I was going to say he is more of a tortilla than Marion, but your comparison is much better.

Danke.

I also believe it was moi who coined Marion The Tortilla back in the day!

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
He's a pretty big gambke. It all depends on the money. He's a good player (when healthy) and I think playing with CP had held back some of his playmaking ability with ball in his hands. That said, there's a pretty good chance that the team that signs him will be getting 50% of the player they thought they were signing.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I had been interested in Blake at one time but I am pretty sure that in two years we would think of him the same as the Spurs think of LMA right now.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard