Chris Paul enters COVID Protocol

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good news on the way? I can't think of what... news about Abdel Nader.

WCF starts Tuesday regardless?

Suns draft Deni Avdija? ;)

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Tick tick edging closer to gm 1....

Get on court asap paul the suns and whole valley wants u back!! Rise up Galloway payne if worst xomes to worst jeez

Go suns!!

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I never understood this argument. Is t Father’s Day about what father wants? Which is to watch the game.

Yeah no. I have to go watch Peter Rabbit 2 with my kid

Uh. No. It’s dinner with the family and grandkids. No one leaves dad alone to watch the game on Father’s Day.

agreed. For me its what the fathers above me want. Once it comes to me, its what the kids want to do. We all treat things differently but for me on fathers day, I want to hang with family and do things they want to do and watch them have a blast with it. I have plenty other days that I can be selfish with my time.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yo, can you all go argue about covid in P&R? Real hard to look for updates on chris paul when 3 pages in a row are people arguing their opinions on covid.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yo, can you all go argue about covid in P&R? Real hard to look for updates on chris paul when 3 pages in a row are people arguing their opinions on covid.

It's fine. Nothing to see here.

A Barkley thread can get moved and a Baker thread can get shut down, but nothing will happen to a precious Paul thread...

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ha! Chris told people to stop, and people stopped. Well, except you.

I said nothing about Covid. What did you read?

Just an observation on three equally devolving threads handled in three different ways by the same person.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's fine. Nothing to see here.

A Barkley thread can get moved and a Baker thread can get shut down, but nothing will happen to a precious Paul thread...

Barkley is straight P&R or maybe TV. Doesn't belong in real NBA news.

Baker thread is just all arguing.

This was deleting 14 posts out of 30 pages of actual relevant news.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I said nothing about Covid. What did you read?

Just an observation on three equally devolving threads handled in three different ways by the same person.

Paul is current events....this is almost like a status thread

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I touched on this earlier, but based on current info/assumptions it seems like the NBA has a seriously flawed policy. Let's assume that Paul was vaccinated and tested positive.

We know that the 5-10% of fully vaccinated individuals will test positive. We also know that vaccinated people are much less likely to spread the virus (https://www.sciencenews.org/article/coronavirus-covid-vaccine-moderna-pfizer-transmission-disease).

NBA players seem to be likely candidates for these breakthrough infections given their exposure to huge crowds of mask-less and potentially un-vaccinated people. Therefore, it was a certainty that this would happen eventually.

The NBA had two rational choices they could have made to avoid a situation like this.

1. Keep reduced capacity in the arenas so minimize players' exposure to the virus.
2. Waive the requirement that vaccinated players with asymptomatic positive tests quarantine, following the logic that these individuals pose only a small risk of transmitting the virus.

Of course, they did neither.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA