Chris Paul enters COVID Protocol

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
You say that, but if it's Utah we go against - Those are 2 road games, and if we really are the better team we can still win the series just like the Clippers were going to do till Kawhi got hurt.

I still give us a punchers chance of winning 1 game without him, would just take other guys performing well.
I understand where you’re coming from, I just don’t think we’re built for that. Those other examples we’ve seen this morning have been superstar-driven designs. Lebron taking over. Jordan taking over. Durant taking over. If we were going to win it all this year we were going to do so more as a turbocharged Detroit pistons type team (either Thomas or billups squads) where the sum of the parts overwhelmed the superstar teams. If we are down a crucial part I think our sum suffers more greatly than the teams where the superstar had to go, was capable of going, and actually did go supernova.

Mainstreet

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I actually feel the opposite.

I would rather have Paul available for all road games as that steadying force. I think the bench guys are much more likely to step up at home.

There are always different ways of looking at things. My thought if the Suns are going to lose a game I prefer it to be on the road. Of course they would have to steal a win on the road, if it's the Jazz, sometime during the series.

WhyAlwaysMe

Banned
Reaction score
I think we should root for the Clippers tonight. Even if they win in 6 and we play G1 Sunday, I like our chances at home without Paul against Kawhi-less Clippers in Game 1 and 2 (if needed). If Clippers win tonight it also gives them two chances to get Jazz out. I think our priority now should be getting Jazz out. They are a much bigger threat to beat us than Clippers now. I am assuming Kawhi is out for at least two weeks.

WhyAlwaysMe

Banned
Reaction score
There are always different ways of looking at things. My thought if the Suns are going to lose a game I prefer it to be on the road. Of course they would have to steal a win on the road, if it's the Jazz, sometime during the series.

I think our best chance to steal a road game would be early (at full strength and with full rest).

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I think we should root for the Clippers tonight. Even if they win in 6 and we play G1 Sunday, I like our chances at home without Paul against Kawhi-less Clippers in Game 1 and 2 (if needed). If Clippers win tonight it also gives them two chances to get Jazz out. I think our priority now should be getting Jazz out. They are a much bigger threat to beat us than Clippers now. I am assuming Kawhi is out for at least two weeks.

Utah is out for blood with this news. Clipps are history.

WhyAlwaysMe

Banned
Reaction score
The upshot is that if Clippers win two of next three without Kawhi, their confidence (and more importantly, form) will be extremely high, and there is also a chance Kawhi plays all or part of the WCF.

Proximo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
i'm just chuckling to myself right now. this is some cosmic comic tragedy.

Nothing has happened yet.

This is pretty defeatist thinking IMO.

Utah is playing 2 more games minimum, with the way stars are dropping like flies the situation could change tonight.

Proximo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The upshot is that if Clippers win two of next three without Kawhi, their confidence (and more importantly, form) will be extremely high, and there is also a chance Kawhi plays all or part of the WCF.

Not if the reports that they are worried it is ACL related are true.

Proximo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

By the way aren't you the guy that said the suns would slaughter the Clips?

Now without Kawhi you are suddenly worried about them?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I understand that. It’s just losing a game due to Covid is just a net bad. There’s really no silver lining to it.

mjb21aztd

Reaction score
The Suns are gonna be ok. CP3 will most likely play imo.
If he doesn't somebody WILL step up.
Yup if worst comes to worst.... have faith in payne he is aballer attacks rim heavil just paul leadership will be desperately missed if unavailable few gms

WhyAlwaysMe

Banned
Reaction score
By the way aren't you the guy that said the suns would slaughter the Clips?

Now without Kawhi you are suddenly worried about them?

Are you not aware that Paul is in COVID protocol? He was the best player in the NBA in the conference Semis.

If you can’t keep up, don’t try.

Proximo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I understand that. It’s just losing a game due to Covid is just a net bad. There’s really no silver lining to it.

It is kind of unrealistic to not expect something bad to happen in a deep playoff run. If the worst thing that happens is we lose chris for a couple games we should be able to overcome it if we are worthy of winning the title.

cheesebeef

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the insider report they just read on KTAR is accurate low viral load means he is still positive. Likely why they are waiting until Saturday for the next update. Possibly giving him time for two negative tests?

my question wasn't meant to be taken serious Covert.:D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
netsnjkidd