Chris Paul enters COVID Protocol

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What does that mean? You sound as vague as Paul :rolleyes:

Are you implying he hasn't been vaccinated? Seems so...

Not at all. I'm not a bettor but if I were, I'd wager heavily that he's been vaccinated. I just haven't heard the man say it directly and let's face it, we live in the age of misinformation. And if he does say it directly to us, this thread is evidence that some will just say he's lying.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If Paul wasn't vaccinated he might be out for the rest of the playoffs. Worst yet, if his lungs get affected severely his career could be over.

All depends on covid and the treatments I suppose. It's all very unpredictable indeed.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok I haven't read this whole thread....So have we gotten a confirmation that Chris Paul has been vaccinated or not? I just checked news sources and havnt seen a word about it...makes me think he hasn't been vaccinated. He's been strangely quite.

This is what John Gambadoro reported.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Not at all. I'm not a bettor but if I were, I'd wager heavily that he's been vaccinated. I just haven't heard the man say it directly and let's face it, we live in the age of misinformation. And if he does say it directly to us, this thread is evidence that some will just say he's lying.

If there is too much speculation its because his lack of a response is creating it.

I would think he would have said he was vaccinated already if he was. That has a HUGE bearing on his recovery time table.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This is what John Gambadoro reported.

Thats not good enough....more speculation. Chris Paul hasn't said a word...why?

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If there is too much speculation its because his lack of a response is creating it.

I would think he would have said he was vaccinated already if he was. That has a HUGE bearing on his recovery time table.

I don't know that he hasn't. I've read several reports that he was vaccinated and suggestions that he's told reporters that he was, I just haven't seen or heard it from him myself.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I don't know that he hasn't. I've read several reports that he was vaccinated and suggestions that he's told reporters that he was, I just haven't seen or heard it from him myself.

Ok. Well....the silence seems deafening right now.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thats not good enough....more speculation. Chris Paul hasn't said a word...why?

Because it's his personal life? Or maybe he feels like it would put a burden on other players if he took a public stance one way or the other given his position in the players union? And maybe he's said it so often since February that he doesn't feel the need to say it one more time just so AzStevenCal and pokerface can finally relax? And perhaps the guy is on his deathbed and too weak to talk, text or Sign?

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Because it's his personal life? Or maybe he feels like it would put a burden on other players if he took a public stance one way or the other given his position in the players union? And maybe he's said it so often since February that he doesn't feel the need to say it one more time just so AzStevenCal and pokerface can finally relax? And perhaps the guy is on his deathbed and too weak to talk, text or Sign?

I didnt realize him coming out saying if he was vaccinated or not was so controversial or such a burden. Talking to reporters on the side about it and not in front of a camera seems a little sketchy...

One "maybe" you forgot to mention...maybe he didn't get vaccinated and is too embarrassed to come out and say it

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didnt realize him coming out saying if he was vaccinated or not was so controversial or such a burden. Talking to reporters on the side about it and not in front of a camera seems a little sketchy...

One "maybe" you forgot to mention...maybe he didn't get vaccinated and is too embarrassed to come out and say it

I think your "maybe" is covered by my statement about taking sides publicly. I was allowing for the possibility that in addition to not wanting players to feel like they had to take the vaccine, perhaps he didn't want them feeling like they had to make their personal information public?

He's in a position of power and a role model inside that union so maybe he factors that in when he says things openly? I don't know. I just know that I really want to know what's going on but ultimately it's that man's business, not mine.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
“from” lol like my terminally ill friends aunt.. I guess covid killed her not cancer.

Its funny 600K people “died” from an unexpected disease and we still managed to finish within range of pre-covid projected death toll for the year.

I have clients that have died from COVID, flat out.

And others who are still suffering from the effects of it.

Its not a joke.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I just have a bad feeling that we seen the last of Chris Paul for a while. I hope I'm wrong but lets not get our hopes too high for a speedy recovery. It's far from automatic that he will bounce right back....soon.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Yea that’s exactly what Trump said bahahahaha

Trump never "exactly" says anything, because his speech is so garbled that it's impossible to figure out what he's trying to communicate. And in the rare cases where he manages to string a subject and verb together, he contradicts himself within a few hours.

Western Font

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Yes we have moderators in moderation but we've had some drive by moderation through the years too.

I left his name out of the conversation though because I was hoping to save this topic. Once a thread gets moved from the Cards or Suns forum to P&R, few Cards and Suns fans continue to read or post in it.

I’d also love the thread to stay here even though I post in P&R. Here I’m hoping for updates on CP and how it might impact the Suns playoffs.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man you guys are hilarious. We are talking about 20 and 30 year olds in peak physical condition. There is absolutely no reason for them to take an experimental vaccine. At best only 30% of the league is vaccinated and its more likely 20% or below.

That said, the league is ridiculous too. Who are they trying to protect at this point?

Knock off the P&R stuff.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes we have moderators in moderation but we've had some drive by moderation through the years too.

I left his name out of the conversation though because I was hoping to save this topic. Once a thread gets moved from the Cards or Suns forum to P&R, few Cards and Suns fans continue to read or post in it.

I will cull posts / users before i move the thread. This is far too important of a topic for Suns fans right now

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok I haven't read this whole thread....So have we gotten a confirmation that Chris Paul has been vaccinated or not? I just checked news sources and havnt seen a word about it...makes me think he hasn't been vaccinated. He's been strangely quite.

Yes he is vaccinated per multiple sources.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just have a bad feeling that we seen the last of Chris Paul for a while. I hope I'm wrong but lets not get our hopes too high for a speedy recovery. It's far from automatic that he will bounce right back....soon.

I agree that IF he's symptomatic, we can't really count on anything from him going forward in these playoffs. But each to their own, I'm going to presume the best and deal with the reality when we have to. My life has had too much reality in it already, I'll cling to the good stuff until I can't.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I agree that IF he's symptomatic, we can't really count on anything from him going forward in these playoffs. But each to their own, I'm going to presume the best and deal with the reality when we have to. My life has had too much reality in it already, I'll cling to the good stuff until I can't.

Yup :yeahthat:

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty much everything is "experimental" if you get picky enough, I know that meal I had last night was. But much of the nonsense about this vaccine grows out of ignorance, it HAS been well tested and despite the silly "grow a third hand" nonsense that some protesters spout, the mRNA vaccines don't interact with our DNA in any way.

Yup - even medicines with full FDA approval can have side effects and effects that can manifest themselves years later.

But we do know the effects of Covid - and Covid is real, and a danger, even to young people