Chris Paul enters COVID Protocol

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
They keep bringing up the coach but I’m waiting for some information that shows their situations are similar. Only thing that is the same is that they were vaccinated.

I myself remember him getting it I just don’t remember any details.
Was he symptomatic?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You keep thinking in absolutes and I’m trying to figure out why.

Not absolutes. I don't THINK he will play in Game 2, but I don't KNOW. Please don't twist my words. I just happen to base my opinion on what I've actually seen play out before and with no data the other way, that's why I lean more heavily on it being longer than some of you.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Not absolutes. I don't THINK he will play in Game 2, but I don't KNOW. Please don't twist my words. I just happen to base my opinion on what I've actually seen play out before and with no data the other way, that's why I lean more heavily on it being longer than some of you.
It’s a conversation cheese, no need to get defensive.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They keep bringing up the coach but I’m waiting for some information that shows their situations are similar. Only thing that is the same is that they were vaccinated.

I myself remember him getting it I just don’t remember any details.

what else needs to be similar? They were both vaccinated and got covid. So far, he's the only guy who's been in CP3's position of being vaccinated and getting it. Thus it's the only comparison we have right now that we know of. That's why we keep bringing up coach. It's the only known data point as to what happened to a vaxxed covid carrier in the protocol.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
what else needs to be similar? They were both vaccinated and got covid. So far, he's the only guy who's been in CP3's position of being vaccinated and getting it. Thus it's the only comparison we have right now that we know of. That's why we keep bringing up coach. It's the only known data point as to what happened to a vaxxed covid carrier in the protocol.
Symptoms! I don’t know how else to explain it to you. You seem very unwilling to talk about any possibilities.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I don’t know, that’s the question.
So the only things we know are:

they both had Covid
They were both vaxxed
They were both placed in the protocols.

it’s not a ton, but it’s more comparable than literally any other comp we’ve seen.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s a conversation cheese, no need to get defensive.

Sigh... where am I getting defensive? Merely responding to you isn't being defensive Chap. But if you'd like to continue the conversation, maybe stop projecting stuff on me llke "you only talk in absolutes" and "getting defensive".

Can you talk about your own opinion without twisting mine?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Did that coach have symptoms or not? And why do you think that doesn’t matter?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
So the only things we know are:

they both had Covid
They were both vaxxed
They were both placed in the protocols.

it’s not a ton, but it’s more comparable than literally any other comp we’ve seen.
We also know that CP hasn’t had any symptoms.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I think it does. I suspect cheese does too. But in the absence of that information the coach remains the closest comp and thus likely the only indicator.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Sigh... where am I getting defensive? Merely responding to you isn't being defensive Chap. But if you'd like to continue the conversation, maybe stop projecting stuff on me llke "you only talk in absolutes" and "getting defensive".

Can you talk about your own opinion without twisting mine?
I’m done with you, at least your brother can have a civil conversation. You think what you think, why are you even posting about it? You of all people know you’re not going to change my mind either way.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I think it does. I suspect cheese does too. But in the absence of that information the coach remains the closest comp and thus likely the only indicator.
That’s why I’m asking if the coach had symptoms. If he DID, that is a pretty big difference.

And if he DIDN’T, then you (and cheese) are right.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
There is an update at 5:00pm Phx. Time
Interesting. Odds are it would just be the same thing and announcing he won’t play on game 2, but why announce a time to announce it? Especially after Monty earlier said it was still day to day?

Billy Bob

Cardinals Fan
Reaction score
Interesting. Odds are it would just be the same thing and announcing he won’t play on game 2, but why announce a time to announce it? Especially after Monty earlier said it was still day to day?
I'll be listening and hoping for the best.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Symptoms! I don’t know how else to explain it to you. You seem very unwilling to talk about any possibilities.

Okay... why didn't you just bring up symptoms before? If you did, I missed it and my bad. but again, I've been willing to talk about ALL of this. And continue to. Again, merely responding to you doesn't make me defensive Chap. It's how a conversation works. I'd just prefer one where you're not twisting my words and projecting things.

Also, I just always lean on Occam's Razor, especially in a situation like this... where we know Paul has Covid, he's not even in the state and there's never been one case that we've seen where someone who's gotten Covid and has been Vaxxed has been told they're covid free before the 10 day quarantine period.

also, he didn't have any symptoms:

https://www.nba.com/news/magic-coach-steve-clifford-tests-positive-for-covid-19-status-uncertain

but new wrinkle reading this article... he was only partially vaccinated. so it's not the best data point either.

That said, that Coach actually did make comments directly to the media after being put in the protocol, which is an example that disproves the idea that players and coaches go complete radio silence once in the protocol as some here have argued as to why CP3 hasn't come out with a statement or voice only interview.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Okay... why didn't you just bring up symptoms before? If you did, I missed it and my bad. but again, I've been willing to talk about ALL of this. I just always lean on Occam's Razor, especially in a situation like this... where we know Paul has Covid, he's not even in the state and there's never been one case that we've seen where someone who's gotten Covid and has been Vaxxed has been told they're covid free before the 10 day quarantine period.

https://www.nba.com/news/magic-coach-steve-clifford-tests-positive-for-covid-19-status-uncertain

but new wrinkle reading this article... he was only partially vaccinated.

also, that Coach actually made comments directly to the media after being put in the protocol, which is an example that disproves the idea that players and coaches go complete radio silence once in the protocol as some here have argued as to why CP3 hasn't come out with a statement or voice only interview.
Lol. Asymptomatic- so like Paul. Only partially vaxxed - so not exactly like Paul. In other words, we still have zero idea.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Okay... why didn't you just bring up symptoms before? If you did, I missed it and my bad. but again, I've been willing to talk about ALL of this. And continue to. Again, merely responding to you doesn't make me defensive Chap. It's how a conversation works. I'd just prefer one where you're not twisting my words and projecting things.

Also, I just always lean on Occam's Razor, especially in a situation like this... where we know Paul has Covid, he's not even in the state and there's never been one case that we've seen where someone who's gotten Covid and has been Vaxxed has been told they're covid free before the 10 day quarantine period.

but new wrinkle reading this article... he was only partially vaccinated. so it's not the best data point either.

That said, that Coach actually did make comments directly to the media after being put in the protocol, which is an example that disproves the idea that players and coaches go complete radio silence once in the protocol as some here have argued as to why CP3 hasn't come out with a statement or voice only interview.
Interesting in the comparison of the two.

Both Paul and this coach were vaccinated.
However this coach was not considered to be fully vaccinated because he was not two weeks beyond the vaccination (I assume the immune response is not fully kicked in yet).
Paul is vaccinated and beyond the two week window (I am assuming).
You have to wonder if the vaccine itself can cause a positive result. Don't know.

Oh well. We will know about game two in an hour.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

dude... who said it didn't matter? This is the first time someone asked that question and it hadn't occurred to me so I looked it up. The answer to your question is above.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave