Chris Paul enters COVID Protocol

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From Kellan Olson.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

DAMN IT. Each time we play without Paul it feels like dodging a bullet. I don't want to doge anymore bullets. This SUCKS. That means he hasn't had two negative tests in the past 24 hours. That means he is still testing positive and why he is day to day. WE MUST win game 2.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
DAMN IT. Each time we play without Paul it feels like dodging a bullet. I don't want to doge anymore bullets. This SUCKS. That means he hasn't had two negative tests in the past 24 hours. That means he is still testing positive and why he is day to day. WE MUST win game 2.

Or it could be Chris Paul still needs to clear cardiac testing.

I don't think it's a coincidence he is in Los Angeles. Hopefully we get him back for game 3 or 4.

Agree the Suns are trying to dodge bullets without him.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Can’t believe this has gone nearly 60 pages. It’s not an injury where we’re speculating when he’ll be healthy. Two negative tests and he’s back simple as that.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Can’t believe this has gone nearly 60 pages. It’s not an injury where we’re speculating when he’ll be healthy. Two negative tests and he’s back simple as that.

Well, not necessarily, according to SunsFanFirst. :)

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Also need the Cardiac testing.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Also need the Cardiac testing.

I imagine that is thorough as well, not some quick 10-15 minute check up. The last thing the league wants is a player to return from Covid and suffer a cardiac issue during a game. That has to be worse case scenario for them. So that could take a day on its own, to take the tests and get results. So it's not going to be 2 negative tests and he rushes to the court.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I imagine that is thorough as well, not some quick 10-15 minute check up. The last thing the league wants is a player to return from Covid and suffer a cardiac issue during a game. That has to be worse case scenario for them. So that could take a day on its own, to take the tests and get results. So it's not going to be 2 negative tests and he rushes to the court.

I believe the Cardiac testing can take up to 48 hours after a person tests negative twice. I'm hoping if a person is asymptomatic it can do be done during health and safety protocols. So much we don't know.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
Throw us a bone. Anything. Has he had one negative test? I guess we don't want LA to know anything either.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It's the anxiety of being this close to an elusive championship and having random chance continue to get in the way.

AZ Shocker

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Another game out? Oh man. I hate being suspicious...but is this simply an attempt by the league to try to have the Clippers "steal" a game here in PHX??? You know to get the series to 6 or 7 games for LA Market tv ratings and such.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another game out? Oh man. I hate being suspicious...but is this simply an attempt by the league to try to have the Clippers "steal" a game here in PHX??? You know to get the series to 6 or 7 games for LA Market tv ratings and such.

the LA Market doesn’t give a crap about the Clippers.

the most likely reason he’s out is he’s got Covid and much like every player or coach before him will be out at least 10 days.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agree 100% but I'm sure the league would like to grow the Clippers brand in LA. for more revenue.

Probably but not to the extent of a conspiracy to hold out one of the leagues best players.

gotta remember, it’s probably felt like he’s been in the protocol for a MONTH for all of us at this point, but it hasn’t even been a week since it was announced.

AZ Shocker

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Probably but not to the extent of a conspiracy to hold out one of the leagues best players.

gotta remember, it’s probably felt like he’s been in the protocol for a MONTH for all of us at this point, but it hasn’t even been a week since it was announced.
True and good point. To this day however I still feel the effects of the bs Spurs series when Nash got hipped checked into the 3rd row and our best low post player Stoudemire was suspended by the league.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the LA Market doesn’t give a crap about the Clippers.

the most likely reason he’s out is he’s got Covid and much like every player or coach before him will be out at least 10 days.

During the season when a player was out for health and safety protocols I automatically added 12 days. Ten days for health and safety protocol and two days for Cardiac testing. That seemed to be a good minimum guess. I'm hoping it's not the same for Chris Paul who has reportedly been vaccinated.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
True and good point. To this day however I still feel the effects of the bs Spurs series when Nash got hipped checked into the 3rd row and our best low post player Stoudemire was suspended by the league.

I feel ya there dude.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
During the season when a player was out for health and safety protocols I automatically added 12 days. Ten days for health and safety protocol and two days for Cardiac testing. That seemed to be a good minimum guess. I'm hoping it's not the same for Chris Paul who has reportedly been vaccinated.

unfortunately, right now that’s the safest bet for when he’ll get back. Which is why we MUST win Game 2. Playing at home in high pressure games is probably a little easier than doing the same on the road, especially if you’ve lost HCA.

Without CP3 or Kawhi this is a pick ‘em series. Cant lose HCA with two pretty evenly matched teams.