Chiefs at Cardinals gameday thread 9-11-22

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I had very little hope last year in week 1 and got happily shocked. Maybe same thing happens today?

That’s really all I got. And my entire opening weekend plan to watch got sideswiped by a number of different calamities which will leave me watching opening week by myself. That ain’t helping my lack of excitement.
Hope everything is ok.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I had very little hope last year in week 1 and got happily shocked. Maybe same thing happens today?

That’s really all I got. And my entire opening weekend plan to watch got sideswiped by a number of different calamities which will leave me watching opening week by myself. That ain’t helping my lack of excitement.
Hope all is well CB.

And I am hoping for similar. Let's see if our offense, which didn't play a snap in the preseason can come out ready to rock against a top 5 team whose QB played a bit more snaps in the preseason that I thought he would.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It almost felt like a publicity stunt. I was not happy with the signing and nothing since then has changed my mind.
I think next year we shouldn’t even practice.
Agree. Instead of practicing, they should go bowling every day. But, as fragile as our players are, we would still have hamstring injuries.

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Based upon the past couple of seasons, I fully expect a head-scratching, yet coordinated, focused, hard-charging effort that leads to a W. I really do. It’ll be later in the season when they’ll inevitably fall off a Kliff again. Probably in the annual horrific effort against a terrible Panthers team.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
I took the cards and the under 53 points - because there was no starters in preseason. Expect ok first few scripted plays, then Sloppy pass happy feast or famine inconsistency - both defense should have the advantage after soft bellied preseason.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hope everything is ok.
Thanks dude. Yeah… everything is good. Just had a bunch of crazy stuff pile up with a wedding weekend in Temecula canceled because of wildfires/hurricanes which screwed up my first choice to watch games with people today. then looked like I’d just stay in Newport where there would be an alt plan to watch with people (@daves ).

Then yesterday a good friend of mine called me up in LA freaking out on the way to the ER. She was by herself with fam out of town and was afraid her appendix burst and guess what… she was right! So I spent last 24 hours rushing back to LA and hanging with her at hospital for her surgery and helping her get settled back at home today.

luckily she’s doing really well (and man… hospitals really push you out fast these days for certain procedures) which is what really matters.

But I’m prob gonna be at her place stealing watches on my phone for opening day. Maybe I’ll grind double her tramadol into her food right around 1230 so she has a nice slumber for oh… about… 3.5 hours. :mrgreen:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My this looks awful.
Okay… the marketing team is just trolling us at this point, right?

BIRD CITY BABY! JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT CANT GET ANY WORSE…

Crap… I really hope that last sentence is a prophetic slogan for the season.

That said, looking at that picture, I REALLY miss going to the home opener. It’s now been 3 years since I’ve seen a game in that stadium and that’s after going to games consistently for the previous 30 years.

And makes me sad knowing Dad might be giving up his tickets after this year. At least two of them. One of my great joys in life has been going to games with Dad, Mom and Ouchie or Brother Not Ouchie. That might not happen again. It’s 30 years of tradition that might be coming to an end. Totally bums me out.

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is never a good time for injuries, but an opener might be the best time when teams are not in mid-season form.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
let’s go cards

That’s the best I can muster today. And that’s sad. So many injury prone players already injured. Hoping for best today.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Celebrating the worse sportsmanship in the history of earth on fox, Sean Payton front and center after being suspended for bounty on opposing players, Hollywood made him a victim in that stupid hometown movie.

Mike Vick only fought dogs, just wonder what sports fan value? If Watson in Cleveland can pay settlements out of a couple dozen sex charges. I mean dansby was crucified for for less.

Dhop cheated for advantage as the most talented wr in the nfl. I’m scared for our society, worshiping false prophets.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA