Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's Bobby Hurley's clone.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He's got excellent court vision. Its hard to judge his speed since most of the vid is not in real time. Does he shoot?

carrrnuttt

Didactic
Reaction score
He's got excellent court vision. Its hard to judge his speed since most of the vid is not in real time. Does he shoot?

Check the 2nd half of the vid. It's all about his long shooting.

He's very Nash-esque. I can imagine he'd flourish under his tutelage.

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
he certainly does look a whole lot like nash, that much is clear. but then again, nash does what he does to the best in the world, that guy was playing against some far weaker competition. either way, the vision is there and so is the will to pass. i liked that a lot. is he supposed to be going out in this year's draft?

Cheesewater

(ex-Uriah Heep)
Reaction score
51% tremendous talent.
49% atrocious defense.

Quite a bit of carrying the ball, too, but the officials in the NBA are very inconsistent with that call so he might get away with it.

It looked to me like many times in clips with a score provided, his team is getting waxed.

OP
OP
F

fatosber

Veteran
Reaction score
At least. That defense looks worst than what you see in most high school gyms in the United States.

It might look like that from the video. However that is PremierLeague Action and a lot of American players play in that league.

I have seen this guy play and I can probably say that he has the offensive ability and the talent, and he probably is just as good as nash in defense. He is trying to get a scholarship from a US college and further develop his game.

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
It might look like that from the video. However that is PremierLeague Action and a lot of American players play in that league.

I have seen this guy play and I can probably say that he has the offensive ability and the talent, and he probably is just as good as nash in defense. He is trying to get a scholarship from a US college and further develop his game.

that's why it was said that it's worse than what can be found in most high school gyms.

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
He seemed to read the passing lanes quite well in a few steals that were highlighted.

carrrnuttt

Didactic
Reaction score
He seemed to read the passing lanes quite well in a few steals that were highlighted.

Yeah. That actually impressed me. He backed away from his guy, while keeping his eyes on his guy's eyes, while anticipating the passer's options. That can only be summed up as GREAT court vision.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
This totally reminds me of all the Sergio Rodriguez vids that were up a few years ago before he was drafted. I'm not quite ready to call him a bust yet but he certainly has looked fairly mediocre so far in the NBA. If I had to guess I'd say this guy is gonna have a similar career.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Didn't really impress me at all. The opposition was pathetic and the guy didn't even look overly dominent against that. He goes weakly at the basket and still doesn't get a big amount of seperation. Looks slow as well. Hopefully he gets better in school, but right now looking at that, I am not sure too many schools would want him.