OP
OP
Phrazbit

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Woof.

Wasting that pick and then seeing LeBron re-up with the lakers for the max a day later would be a new type of humiliation.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Woof.

Wasting that pick and then seeing LeBron re-up with the lakers for the max a day later would be a new type of humiliation.
How does wasting that pick on Bronny, signing Lebron for cheap and still getting knocked out of the first round sound?

OP
OP
Phrazbit

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How does wasting that pick on Bronny, signing Lebron for cheap and still getting knocked out of the first round sound?

At least we’d get the joy of watch him ham up every flop and foul as a potentially career ending injury and the drama free experience of a LeBron and KD led team.

How long would it take for those two to stop speaking to each other entirely? 2 months?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
At least we’d get the joy of watch him ham up every flop and foul as a potentially career ending injury and the drama free experience of a LeBron and KD led team.

How long would it take for those two to stop speaking to each other entirely? 2 months?
As much as it would be fairly unbearable at first, Lebron would immediately be the best playmaker on the team. By A LOT.

Financially it doesn't make sense for James, but what a team that would be. Yikes.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
As much as it would be fairly unbearable at first, Lebron would immediately be the best playmaker on the team. By A LOT.

Financially it doesn't make sense for James, but what a team that would be. Yikes.
I know Magic took less when he was offered his last contract, because they told him his contract included him moving into management when he quit playing. You never know what we could offer Lebron.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know Magic took less when he was offered his last contract, because they told him his contract included him moving into management when he quit playing. You never know what we could offer Lebron.
I think these kind of salary cap loopholes have been closed for quite awhile. And I can't see anyone risking the consequences by trying to do it under the table.

OP
OP
Phrazbit

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Obviously, if he wants to sign for the minimum, you do it.

But I think it would play out more like the geriatric, mishmash, toxic team the Lakers built in 2021/22 than an actual contender.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Woof.

I actually went to see USC-ASU and thought if that was not James' kid, nobody would pay any attention to him. He was okay. Frankie Collins took him to school. I left thinking he would never be an NBA player.

So, of course, we will draft him at 22, and sign his Dad. Everybody will get injured multiple times, the season will be a disaster, and we won't make the playoffs. LeBron will retire and Bronny will be in the G-league or Europe in two years.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
I don't believe there's any chance this really happens, but it's an interesting thought experiment.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Likely, but it's still better than not getting him, because then at least we have a chance. Will give me a reason to watch at least.

This is coming from one of the biggest Lebron haters there is too.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't believe there's any chance this really happens, but it's an interesting thought experiment.
Lebron is the only guy that can even theoretically be signed for the minimum and move the needle, so they should try damn hard to do it if they are committed to not blowing the team up.

He solves a lot of the Suns problems - Leadership, Rebounding and defense of bigs, and passing and initiation. He might be the only player in the league that would fill so many of our needs.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like the Suns have told Gambo they are NOT going to implement the draft Bronny strategy just to hope LeBron signs a the minimum. Sounds like they only way that would happen is if everyone was off their board and they were going to have to take a stretch pick anyway at that spot.

You must be registered for see images attach

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sounds like the Suns have told Gambo they are NOT going to implement the draft Bronny strategy just to hope LeBron signs a the minimum. Sounds like they only way that would happen is if everyone was off their board and they were going to have to take a stretch pick anyway at that spot.

You must be registered for see images attach
I think management is stupid, but they aren’t stupid enough to draft brony at 22 without lebron commiting to come here prior.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw NOTHING in Bronny that said "first round pick".

OP
OP
Phrazbit

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I saw NOTHING in Bronny that said "first round pick".

He's a defensive small forward in an undersized point guard's body. Poor man's Josh Okogie. He probably wouldn't be drafted at all if not for the connection. He should be staying in college.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He's a defensive small forward in an undersized point guard's body. Poor man's Josh Okogie. He probably wouldn't be drafted at all if not for the connection. He should be staying in college.
I've heard best case scenario comps as Gary Payton II. He really should've went to a college with an established coach with a track record of developing players like a Jay Wright before he retired.

I think LeBron ushering him to the NBA before he is ready is selfish and is going to hurt him in the long run. There's plenty of NIL money to be made in college while he actually plays and develops.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've heard best case scenario comps as Gary Payton II. He really should've went to a college with an established coached with a track record of developing players like a Jay Wright before he retired.

I think LeBron ushering him to the NBA before he is ready is selfish and is going to hurt him in the long run. There's plenty of NIL money to be made in college while he actually plays and develops.
Yeah… this definitely wreaks of a father putting his own interests before his son’s.

That kid has no business coming into the league at this point and whoever does draft him will be making him one of the biggest nepo-babies in any avenue of entertainment I can think of.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crazy_Player