Chandler Jones Extension Market

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Jones' game has never been predicated on speed rushes. Look at every one of his sacks, and none of them were pure speed rushes.

I loved that sack he had were got Lewan to punch at him off balanced and he grabbed and pulled him forward while running by him. He's a technician. Just like that Colts DE that we signed during the Arians era (name escapes me right now), he should be pretty productive even at year 35.
While you’re not wrong, I think anyone arguing against loss of speed impact misses an important component: with age EVERYONE losses speed. So while he doesn’t rely on speed, he still has to have a minimum amount of burst so his hands and technique can work. If he doesn’t rely on speed bc he’s not a speed rusher it’s likely bc he has adequate but not great speed. Just enough burst to make his other skills massively successful. But if he loses some of that speed maybe he no longer has just enough burst to utilize those other skills. A fast dude usually becomes an average dude. An average dude becomes a sub average dude. The latter can cover better for the drop in speed if they’ve relied other skills but the drop to sub average speed may nullify the impact of those other skills.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't think CJ's performance was anything to do with being pissed off or a contract year.

I think it was just a combination of being out most of last year and being fired up to play again, and some really, really, really bad offensive line play and offensive play calling. That never adjusted the whole game.

In any other game if he's not DT'd from the start they adjust after sack 1, certainly after sack 2. I've never seen a rusher play like that and the OC do nothing about it.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Seriously? Stafford was awarded player of the week over Murray? Wow!

My thoughts too. He had a good stat line but he didn't do anything special. He threw a bunch of deep balls to wide open guys most QB's could hit.

No way he deserved it over Murray, or several other QBs.

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
My thoughts too. He had a good stat line but he didn't do anything special. He threw a bunch of deep balls to wide open guys most QB's could hit.

What was his PFF grade tho??

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
How did Murray not win this!? 5 TDs including a running one has happened 6 times ever in an opening week. I’m sure Stanford stats have been done a million times

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How did Murray not win this!? 5 TDs including a running one has happened 6 times ever in an opening week. I’m sure Stanford stats have been done a million times

It's about the NFL spreading the hype. They did not want two players from the same team getting both awards, and they want to pump up the team in the LA market.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Apparently confirmed on The radio this AM that he 100% asked for a trade in the off season

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Oh, and he confirmed himself that the Cardinals haven't even discussed the contract at all. Incredible.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Oh, and he confirmed himself that the Cardinals haven't even discussed the contract at all. Incredible.

I’m pretty sure this means he’s not going to talk about the contract negotiations during the season to the media.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Yep. Tons of separation. Granted, I don't think Goff makes those throws, but that's more of an indictment of Goff than anything else.

The Bears were in that game despite what the score showed.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose