Chandler Jones Extension Market

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Ha ain’t getting any help from the interior I can say that tho
Corey Peters off the street is our 2nd best interior lineman. Everyone else gets thrown around.

Oh, and pay Chan good money for 3 more years.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I wonder if the recent legal troubles he brother had (arrest last week) are weighing on him. Obviously as most have pointed out he has had no help from the rest of the front 7.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
honestly a tough call....sacks are the primary for a pass rusher but all those hits, pressures, and hurries...TFL... they all have value, as does occupying blockers

year 1...12m salary....12m signing bonus
year 2...9m salary......15m signing bonus
year 3....6m salary.....12m roster bonus
year 4....6m salary......3m roster bonus
year 5....5m salary
five years 80 million with 42m guaranteed... first two years at 24m a year makes him a top paid guy at the position... third year at 18m makes him still well paid.... can be cut in year 4 right before the roster bonus is due...March first 2025?... if he really drops off he could be cut in year three before the bonus,,, five for 80 but essentially three years for 66m with the last two years allowing flexibility if his age catches up, and to spread the cap hit a little.
17.4m cap hit year one
14,4 cap hit year two
23,4m cap hit year three
14,4m cap hit year four
10.4m cap hit year five

I dunno...sounds like too much. maybe its better to just go straight... three years 60m with 42m guaranteed
we dont want to be in a situation where we just paid kyler, and now we are also toting 10-15mil in dead money from someone we cut.

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Im flummoxed.

I have been able to watch most of all the games this season. CJ was unreal in Nashville. I mean, his two biggest stat totals, Sacks and forced fumbles, all came in week one. These deep dive analyses go way beyond what I care about or have time to understand as a fan of this sport. Just dont have it. But they dont seem to account for massive production one week and very little noticeable (to this casual fan) action week in and week out.

So, Im not sure where I stand on CJ. I would hate to lose him, but my guts tell me we need to let him go. Too much action next off season, and too many much younger potential core and or cornerstone players need to get paid that will help us in the long term.

Love CJ. A real quandary.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Great game one, perhaps due to Titans LT not 100%. Pretty quiet over last three weeks. Will wait until we get to the 12 game mark and see where his performance stands and reevaluate

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Jones has played a decent overal set of games, but it’s hard to not see this defense as design to harass the passer enough to cover for a marginal secondary. Murphy’s emergence has taken some of the pressure off the other guys, but they’re lucky they‘re facing Lance this week. Jones must get to the passer.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Im flummoxed.

I have been able to watch most of all the games this season. CJ was unreal in Nashville. I mean, his two biggest stat totals, Sacks and forced fumbles, all came in week one. These deep dive analyses go way beyond what I care about or have time to understand as a fan of this sport. Just dont have it. But they dont seem to account for massive production one week and very little noticeable (to this casual fan) action week in and week out.

So, Im not sure where I stand on CJ. I would hate to lose him, but my guts tell me we need to let him go. Too much action next off season, and too many much younger potential core and or cornerstone players need to get paid that will help us in the long term.

Love CJ. A real quandary.
im in the same boat... Jones definitely appears to have lost his edge....one great game to boost his contract hopes not with standing.

try to sign him cheap... but either way, what we need to invest is not money but draft capital..... we need chan jones at 22 on the roster, but chan jones at 32 is questionable.

Praxis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Old + production has dropped off. Stunk before injury last year. Time to move on.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not only did he get the two holding calls but at least one false start penalty. Lance was so elusive and fast that CJ couldn't get the sack but was very disruptive. Extend him ASAP.