Championship Weekend Games 2024

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dan Campbell was not the person who dropped two passes and fumbled. The Chiefs also went for it on fourth and two and Kelce made a much harder catch than the one Reynolds dropped. Also, if the Lions would have tried the field goals, they were not gimmies. Kicking a 47-field gool outdoors is different than kicking in a dome.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Some of us, and probably most of us, would have made the decision to kick FG’s in the Lions game yesterday. But, in today’s NFL, analytics have taken over. We all need to understand that if the Cardinals are ever in a similar situation that Campbell found himself in, that JG will no doubt also nix the FG attempt. Just something we need to come to grips with.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some of us, and probably most of us, would have made the decision to kick FG’s in the Lions game yesterday. But, in today’s NFL, analytics have taken over. We all need to understand that if the Cardinals are ever in a similar situation that Campbell found himself in, that JG will no doubt also nix the FG attempt. Just something we need to come to grips with.
At the right time I get it

But yesterday there was no reason to not take the points

Especially the first one when the stop gave then the momentum and it snowballed from there

Take the sure points at that point and keep the pressure on

JG needs to take heed

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
At the right time I get it

But yesterday there was no reason to not take the points

Especially the first one when the stop gave then the momentum and it snowballed from there

Take the sure points at that point and keep the pressure on

JG needs to take heed
I agree 100%, but based on what I’ve seen, albeit in a 4-13 evaluation year, JG would nix the FG attempts. When analytics take over, there are glorious victories & agonizing losses on the horizon. The Lions flat out choked in the 2nd half last night. And both of those decisions ramped up the pressure they had already placed on themselves. That’s where I place the blame on Campbell. He should have realized that. As I’ve said in another post, “Historically bad teams know how to blow games better than they know how to close them out”. The 1st nixed FG would have given them a 10 point lead late in the 3rd quarter. And it would have stopped the bleeding for the time being. And it was a shorter attempt. Campbell may be saying he doesn’t regret those decisions, but Lions fans most definitely are. Baltimore is in mourning, but Detroit is in agony.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard