Championship Weekend Games 2024

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
on the DET / SF game -- the biggest difference was the SF receivers caught the difficult catches, while Detroit receivers didnt

4th and 2: Josh Reynolds drops a first down on very catchable pass
3rd and 10 later: Reynolds drops a first down AND what looked like a big gainer
Flea-flicker: Jameson Williams doesnt catch a TD -- by far the hardest of the three, but a ball a NFL WR has to catch

meanwhile:

Juwann Jennings one hands a 3rd down pass that if he tips it, or if it goes over him -- who knows what happens there.
the Aiyuk catch of what sure looked like an INT was something. Instead, sets up a TD

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
From My viewpoint, Campbell screwed up on the first decision to go for it midway through the third quarter. It changed the whole complexion of the game. Niners open the second half with a FG. It's now a 2 score game. You kick the field goal and restore the 3 score lead essentially nullifying the Niner FG. You not only restore the 3 score lead you now are forcing the Niners to score 3 times with a lot less time on the clock. You also don't allow the momentum to change as dramatically as it did when they failed to pick up the first down.

You kick the FG and yes the Niner defense got a stop but did not stop a score. Say the Lions miss the FG and the Niners stop a score however it's more like dodging a bullet which does not have the same effect as stopping a fourth down play, because now you have energized not only the Niner defense but also the home crowd.

The mental effect of stopping a fourth down play is a far greater positive for the team and supporters than a miss FG. A made FG probably has a more positive effect on the Lions than anything.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think the reason the Lions were even in the position they were in this season is because they’ve been aggressive all season. It’s kind of been their DNA all season, and maybe they aren’t in the NFC championship without it.

That being said… if I was a Lions fan I would have preferred to take guaranteed points when they are there with a chance to go to the Super Bowl.
Guaranteed points? No points are ever guaranteed.

I agree with your first point

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
They weren’t guaranteed, though. Pretty sure their kicker has struggled after 40+ yards all season.

It’s seems pretty simple from Campbell’s POV. To that point Detroit didn’t have trouble moving the ball on SF’s defense so he had more confidence in Ben Johnson scheming a play where Goff would hit a WR in the hands than he had in a below-average FG kicker nailing a non-chip shot in a big spot. But let’s blame the coach because it’s always the easiest/laziest thing to do.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
So much for wokeness and Taylor Swift hurting the NFL.. lol

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Are there really discussions about Taylor Swift and "wokeness" hurting the NFL? That's silly. I can't stand hearing all about non-football garbage while watching a football game, but, hell, I can turn the volume off if I want--especially if it's Romo :D

OP
OP
R

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Are there really discussions about Taylor Swift and "wokeness" hurting the NFL? That's silly. I can't stand hearing all about non-football garbage while watching a football game, but, hell, I can turn the volume off if I want--especially if it's Romo :D
Yes...many have been triggered by Taylor Swift.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Yes...many have been triggered by Taylor Swift.

Like I said, football announcers can S.T.F.U (we can't say that now?) about her and I don't want to see 50 shots of her during the game, but I hold no animus towards her. Not her fault.

It's not like she's getting Schwifty in here :D

You must be registered for see images attach

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake