Celtics @ Suns 3-26-16

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Celtics play at the Suns tonight with a 7 p.m. Arizona start time.

Here is the Celtics update from Paul Coro at azcentral.

Celtics update: Boston (42-30) is battling for a top-four seed in the East to have home-court advantage in the first round of the playoffs. The Celtics have gone 62-41 since acquiring Isaiah Thomas from the Suns in February 2015 for Cleveland’s 2016 first-round pick and Marcus Thornton. The Suns have gone 30-69, entering Friday night, over that time. Thomas earned his first All-Star selection this season, averaging 22.2 points and 6.4 assists per game. He is averaging 26.2 points this month, turning more efficient with 47.7 percent shooting. Boston holds opponents to a league-low 32.8 percent 3-point shooting.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/spor...fall-short-against-sacramento-kings/82279070/

Here is a Suns injury update for the Suns from Paul Coro as well.

Paul Coro ‏@paulcoro 2h2 hours ago

Now Jon Leuer has an upset stomach. He's doubtful for #SunsVsCeltics tonight. Brandon Knight is questionable. Tyson Chandler (back) is out.

https://twitter.com/paulcoro

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ouch. Knight is playing tonight.

Paul Coro ‏@paulcoro 56m56 minutes ago

The Suns will start Alex Len, P.J. Tucker, John Jenkins, Devin Booker and Brandon Knight for #SunsvsCeltics tonight.

https://twitter.com/paulcoro

It looks like the Suns want to play some small ball.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I don't understand the obsession with Jenkins. I don't mind Tucker at 4, but I don't understand the Jenkins thing. I suppose there aren't too many options at this point.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jenkins comes with some pretty high praise from places he has been before. BTW. We are going to win tonight. Not that I really want a win. I just feel it.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't understand the obsession with Jenkins. I don't mind Tucker at 4, but I don't understand the Jenkins thing. I suppose there aren't too many options at this point.

As JCSunsfan said, he comes with praise from other places. He especially has a reputation as being an excellent shooter.

In regard to tonight, I was hoping the Suns were giving Jenkins an opportunity to play some minutes with the starters.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jenkins comes with some pretty high praise from places he has been before. BTW. We are going to win tonight. Not that I really want a win. I just feel it.

Please say you your feelings are wrong. :)

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Booker is sitting for awhile.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He and Len each picked up two early fouls.

That's the reason. That will teach me to pay attention. I'm just so used to seeing Booker on the court.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tonight's game really emphasizes the Suns need for a PG. I'm not counting Bledsoe but I am counting Price.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Celtics are up by 1 point with 1:02 left in the game.

Booker has lead the charge.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Knight with a huge miss. The shot was not even close.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Down one, 10 seconds left on the shot clock, and Knight takes a long three, resulting in an air ball. I cannot stand Knight!

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Booker gets it back to a 1 point game with 15.4 seconds left.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Final: Celtics 102 Suns 99

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Perfect game. We came back, made it interesting but didn't add a victory. Despite not wanting a win I'll admit I was screaming at the refs to call the obvious illegal defense. Amir Johnson was in the key without an offensive player in reach for that entire possession. Great second half by Booker.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You know that tanking has gone a little too far when Celtics fans are clamoring for them to throw the game so they can undo the damage done by the recent Brooklyn win.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Down one, 10 seconds left on the shot clock, and Knight takes a long three, resulting in an air ball. I cannot stand Knight!

I'm fine with him to keep us losing for the rest of the year. will hate watching him on any other Suns team moving forward.

great loss tonight. get two games up on Brooklyn in the loss column!

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Perfect game. We came back, made it interesting but didn't add a victory. Despite not wanting a win I'll admit I was screaming at the refs to call the obvious illegal defense. Amir Johnson was in the key without an offensive player in reach for that entire possession. Great second half by Booker.

Down the stretch, I think it is a good time for the Suns to look at bubble players like Alan Williams, John Jenkins, Chase Budinger and Archie Goodwin.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Down the stretch, I think it is a good time for the Suns to look at bubble players like Alan Williams, John Jenkins, Chase Budinger and Archie Goodwin.

I'd like to see more Jenkins, Williams and Goodwin but Chase is a known commodity. If we can get him healthy and IF he wants to stay here he could be a nice deep bench player. But all he can do right now is help us win and we don't need that. It's easier to accept it when it's from our youthful core but I really don't want to see Tele or Chase hitting a game winner.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You know that tanking has gone a little too far when Celtics fans are clamoring for them to throw the game so they can undo the damage done by the recent Brooklyn win.

Yeah, I was wondering if the Celtics would pull off some meta-tanking. If their spot in the standings was more solidified I suspect they may have. Ainge is a crafty fellow. But IMO the prospect of home court in the first round is more valuable to them than a 3% boost in their lotto odds.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd like to see more Jenkins, Williams and Goodwin but Chase is a known commodity. If we can get him healthy and IF he wants to stay here he could be a nice deep bench player. But all he can do right now is help us win and we don't need that. It's easier to accept it when it's from our youthful core but I really don't want to see Tele or Chase hitting a game winner.

I put Budinger in that group because he is not a huge contributor. However, he is not a good choice if the Suns plan to keep him.

Maybe the Suns can bring up a D-League player for a look... cough... cough.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort