Celtics @ Suns Sunday game thread 2-7-2021

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Lol... Ouchie’s gone to plaid on his HAyton’ on DeAndre right now
He had that awesome run where he legitimately earned all that respect on the board and then just gave it all back. I wish he had to play for a contract every game.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love monty’s BS saving Ayton’s soft psyche.

Yeah, more pretty words for Ayton. I think we get on him too much here, often ignoring the positive impact he has, but he is such a far cry from the player his words and even Monty's words, make him out to be. At this point, I'd stop feeding him in the half court offense (COMPLETELY), and tell him to just hustle on defense and the only points he's going to get are on fast breaks and put backs. We must waste at least 7 or 8 possessions every game trying to "call the big guy up to his talent".

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yeah, more pretty words for Ayton. I think we get on him too much here, often ignoring the positive impact he has, but he is such a far cry from the player his words and even Monty's words, make him out to be. At this point, I'd stop feeding him in the half court offense (COMPLETELY), and tell him to just hustle on defense and the only points he's going to get are on fast breaks and put backs. We must waste at least 7 or 8 possessions every game trying to "call the big guy up to his talent".
I think if we did that he’d score 6 points per game.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally. And it only took 3 years.

ha! Man, you guys are savage today. I think I’ve just gotten to the point where I’ve totally written him off on offense so I’m starting to watch games a little less frustrated with him.

At this point, I’d be happy with what you said earlier. Treat him like Mark West on offense. Maybe one early touch, otherwise he’s there to set screens and rebound. And then if he’s not expending a lot of energy on offense, maybe that lets him solely focus on D and at least make the best impact possible there.

I mean... that’s basically what he’s been most of the year.

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Frank the tank has a new role with the Suns. Distributor, He has trimmed down since his days with Charlotte.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Frank the tank has a new role with the Suns. Distributor, He has trimmed down since his days with Charlotte.

Frank Kaminsky is playing well. Also he looks to be in better shape than last season.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Amazing how Cam produces when not starting. I dont know if its him or more of a chemistry issue with the usual starters. Paul and Book like to dominate the ball while trying to make Ayton work, and that usually just left Bridges and Crowder to shoot anything that came their way. So i can imagine the adjustment when Cam started.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Amazing how Cam produces when not starting. I dont know if its him or more of a chemistry issue with the usual starters. Paul and Book like to dominate the ball while trying to make Ayton work, and that usually just left Bridges and Crowder to shoot anything that came their way. So i can imagine the adjustment when Cam started.
Personally I think it’s more of a talent thing. When you play with the second team you’re typically playing against the other teams second stringers. Usually less talented players. I see Cam as having the talent to be a starter (my impression of him has come a loooong way), but perhaps not yet the knowledge/experience/strength (he is, after all only in his second season, both of which have been somewhat broken by Covid). So he should have an advantage over other bench players.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Interesting to hear kemba complain about no calls when the Celtics are so physical mugging everyone they play.

love our defense gaining recognition. Hope that becomes a permanent reputation for this team. Should play well come playoffs.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It seems like he's playing the role Dario did in the bubble. Of course Frank was in the bubble also but he had to back up Ayton. He's not very athletic but he has a good BB-IQ and is using that to fill in the gaps for us, doing what's needed.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Personally I think it’s more of a talent thing. When you play with the second team you’re typically playing against the other teams second stringers. Usually less talented players. I see Cam as having the talent to be a starter (my impression of him has come a loooong way), but perhaps not yet the knowledge/experience/strength (he is, after all only in his second season, both of which have been somewhat broken by Covid). So he should have an advantage over other bench players.

I also think when the bench comes into the game they tend to play more as a team since there are no stars to carry the load. The ball seems to move more and the team plays with more energy. It's almost like the players are released to play the game as it is coached.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Interesting to hear kemba complain about no calls when the Celtics are so physical mugging everyone they play.

love our defense gaining recognition. Hope that becomes a permanent reputation for this team. Should play well come playoffs.
Agreed. It's an odd perspective considering how blatant the calls were going against us at certain points.

A Tatum foul early on truly stands out. I cant remember it fully but it caused an out of bounds play as he basically barreled through our guy and never touched the ball.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose