Cavaliers @ Suns 1/9/11

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Apparently, stopping the ball is for losers.

Steve

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
This was how you complained to no end about Amare last season, you blamed him for everything that was wrong with the Suns. i guess it is Frye this season

I didn't say anything was wrong with the Suns, Amare talks a lot but he either tanked it in the postseason to not get injured or just didn't care. Dude is jumping through the roof to get blocks now. And my Frye hate was well documented last year as well. Frye gets paid a lot of money to perform, I'll hate him till he lives up to the stupid ass contract the Suns signed him to.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like how the Suns can stop inside penetration.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Damn, Lopez is so frustrating to watch. He has amazing skills, but you never know if he's gonna show up to play.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
I think the Suns have posted up more in the last 5 minutes than they did all last season.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Damn, Lopez is so frustrating to watch. He has amazing skills, but you never know if he's gonna show up to play.

Amazing skills could be a stretch lol, he's good though I'll give you that. He needs to get better, a lot better.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns need to keep it to single digits before the half.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
For a moment I thought that was Brook with a wig playing center out there until that last play by Robin.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't say anything was wrong with the Suns, Amare talks a lot but he either tanked it in the postseason to not get injured or just didn't care. Dude is jumping through the roof to get blocks now. And my Frye hate was well documented last year as well. Frye gets paid a lot of money to perform, I'll hate him till he lives up to the stupid ass contract the Suns signed him to.

Maybe you have him confused with Shaq or somebody like that. He gets less than a million a year more than Hakim Warrick but you rip Frye and usually give Warrick a pass. Frye is 10 times the value that Warrick is. You pay a premium for big guys - even soft big guys and 5.2 million is not a big contract for that position.

Steve

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Frye and Lopez dominate.

Michael

The buzz is back!
Reaction score
Great first half by Frye! There were just too many easy misses from anybody not named Lopez or Frye. Gortat's uncontested layup topped it, and I'd love to know what happened to Nash's shot. I'm positive there will be a run and the Suns can get a win!

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Maybe you have him confused with Shaq or somebody like that. He gets less than a million a year more than Hakim Warrick but you rip Frye and usually give Warrick a pass. Frye is 10 times the value that Warrick is. You pay a premium for big guys - even soft big guys and 5.2 million is not a big contract for that position.

Steve

Well Frye definitely is on the court a lot more than Warrick, Frye impacts the game a lot with his wide open bricks. I liked the Warrick signing but all these guys are atrocious on defense and rebounding. A lot of people defend Frye and I thought the guy had turned a corner earlier in the season but has he regressed into a really bad basketball player.

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Dogged by Cleveland in our own pad. I hope we at least stay in the game tonight. If we win tonight, I will wear my Lopez afro wig tomorrow. :)

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Steve

Exactly. He can be frustrating at times, but he is making a 1/4 of what Stoudemire is making.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great first half by Frye! There were just too many easy misses from anybody not named Lopez or Frye. Gortat's uncontested layup topped it, and I'd love to know what happened to Nash's shot. I'm positive there will be a run and the Suns can get a win!

Sometimes winning is losing. This Suns are not going anywhere.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well Frye definitely is on the court a lot more than Warrick, Frye impacts the game a lot with his wide open bricks. I liked the Warrick signing but all these guys are atrocious on defense and rebounding. A lot of people defend Frye and I thought the guy had turned a corner earlier in the season but has he regressed into a really bad basketball player.

I don't know about a lot, but yeah, several of us defend Frye. But you said it correctly, we DEFEND Frye. We don't build him up as great, we don't try to pass him off as anything other than what he is. A very flawed big man that when hot, helps us win games.

We defend him because several of you can't see past his weaknesses and frequently blame him for global warming, the high crime rate and the sad state of Sci-fi shows on TV in addition to most of our losses. We're pretty sure he's not actually the worst player in the history of the game, despite claims to the contrary (slight exaggeration on my part).

Steve

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Frye has 10 rebounds at halftime.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Wow Frye not playing like a girl....10 rebounds?

Lopez too....

Suns look like they have a decent front-court for the FIRST TIME this season!

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I don't know about a lot, but yeah, several of us defend Frye. But you said it correctly, we DEFEND Frye. We don't build him up as great, we don't try to pass him off as anything other than what he is. A very flawed big man that when hot, helps us win games.

We defend him because several of you can't see past his weaknesses and frequently blame him for global warming, the high crime rate and the sad state of Sci-fi shows on TV in addition to most of our losses. We're pretty sure he's not actually the worst player in the history of the game, despite claims to the contrary (slight exaggeration on my part).

Steve
:biglaugh:

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score

Steve

LOL, okay he is not the worst player. But he is way too inconsistent for my liking and he is afraid of his own game (which is evident on many nights). I think if he played like he was out there to dominate, I'd like him better.

Kolo

Reaction score
I hope we get our asses kicked every single game until Sarver has had enough and lets the front office dismantle this team. Every win gives Sarver hope, and want his to have as little as most of us do.