Carmelo suspended 15 games!!!!!!!

Amare32

STAT man
Reaction score
The Knicks and Nuggets organizations have each been fined $500,000 each as a result of the altercation.

· Nuggets forward Carmelo Anthony has been suspended for 15 games.

· Knicks guard Nate Robinson has been suspended for 10 games.

· Nuggets guard J.R. Smith has been suspended for 10 games.

· Knicks guard Mardy Collins has been suspended for six games.

· Knicks forward Jared Jeffries has been suspended for four games.

· Knicks center Jerome James has been suspended for one game for leaving the bench during an on-court altercation.

· Nuggets forward Nene has been suspended one game for leaving the bench during an on-court altercation.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
The Knicks and Nuggets organizations have each been fined $500,000 each as a result of the altercation.

· Knicks center Jerome James has been suspended for one game for leaving the bench during an on-court altercation.

· Nuggets forward Nene has been suspended one game for leaving the bench during an on-court altercation.

Anthony should have received more of a suspension... And Karl should be singled out as well! Stern wimped out on this one...

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Can't say that any of the penalties were excessive.

Divide Et Impera

Reaction score
Melo for at lease 25-30 would have been good. He KO'd Collins with a cheap shot, which should be worth 25 games. Him running away from the fray like a little ninny warrants another 20 games....

Louis

DJ Roomba
Reaction score
Winning Friends and Influencing the People in My H
After watching that I figured Melo would be gone for at least a month.

If the suspension begins immediately, he'll be gone until Jan 20. But the players will probably appeal in hopes of getting a lighter penalty.

Though he probably should've been given a lengthier suspension, the Nuggets are going to pay dearly for his actions.

The fight may have hampered their chance of trading for AI.

10 games without starters JR Smith and Carmelo Anthony could result in a below .500 record as the Nuggets are 13-9 right now.

And an additional 5 without Carmelo who was having an MVP-caliber season.

-----------

Supposedly Zeke is being investigated as his warning to Carmelo was caught on video.

Report: NBA investigating if Knicks' Thomas ordered hard foulDaily News Wire Services
The NBA is investigating whether Isiah Thomas, the president and coach of the Knicks, ordered a hard foul that touched off a brawl with the Denver Nuggets on Saturday night at Madison Square Garden, several people involved in the investigation told the New York Times yesterday.

The Nuggets, according to those people, are pointing to an exchange between Thomas and Carmelo Anthony - part of which was captured by the MSG Network - that seemed to convey a threat. None of the people who spoke about the exchange wanted to be identified, because the investigation was ongoing.

Ten players were ejected after the fight, which started when Mardy Collins, a Knicks rookie from Temple, clobbered the Nuggets' J.R. Smith as he was driving for a basket. Four players threw punches and Jared Jeffries has to be restrained from going after Anthony after the Denver star threw a punch that floored Collins.

Anthony apologized yesterday.

Some of the players, and possibly Thomas, are expected to receive suspensions today once the league reviews the MSG tape and interviews players, coaches and security personnel. There is no known NBA precedent for punishing a coach for instigating a fight.

With 1 minute, 32 seconds left, the MSG broadcast focused on Thomas while Denver's Marcus Camby shot free throws. The Nuggets were leading by 117-100. Thomas, standing on the sideline, his arms folded and his jaw tight, bites his lower lip and then starts talking to a Nuggets player. The player is not in the camera shot, but the broadcaster Mike Breen notes that Thomas is talking to Anthony.

There is no audio of Thomas, but he appears to say: "Hey, don't go to the basket right now. It wouldn't be nice." Seconds later, Thomas ***** his head, holds out his right palm and, with a slight smile, adds, "Just letting you know."

Calvin Andrews, Anthony's agent, confirmed last night that Thomas had told Anthony to stay away from the area under the basket. Andrews indicated that Anthony gave that account to NBA officials earlier yesterday.

The Knicks were off yesterday, and team officials declined to comment on the incident.

http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/sp...ll/16264801.htm

Last edited:

Divide Et Impera

Reaction score
Who's all out then? Melo and Smith? That just means that Boykins will have yet another career game against us. I hope that game doesn't turn out to be a let down....

Azlen

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
He will probably get that appealed down to less than 10 games.

Divide Et Impera

Reaction score
What's the email address to the league offices? I personally want to send them an email expressing that their penalties weren't harsh enough and that they had better not back down in the face of the appeal....

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What's the email address to the league offices? I personally want to send them an email expressing that their penalties weren't harsh enough and that they had better not back down in the face of the appeal....

Considering the "brawls" of the past, these are acceptable suspensions. I think that they were long enough. There was no way in hell that Stern was going to suspend Melo for the entire year.

The Commish

youknowhatimsayin?
Reaction score

Please don't, I really need Melo back for my squad.

Divide Et Impera

Reaction score
Considering the "brawls" of the past, these are acceptable suspensions. I think that they were long enough. There was no way in hell that Stern was going to suspend Melo for the entire year.

Considering that those suspensions of the past failed to deter this brawl, they need to escalate the punishments....

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Darnit, I was going to predict 15 for Anthony, but didn't have the guts to go public.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
JR Smith should've gotten more for tackling Nate Robinson into the stands, which hit many fans & cameramen. 15 games for Carmello is decent, but it could've been more. The whole situation would've calmed down is Carmello didn't run in there at Robinson and Collins (that's when it got out of hand).

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Considering that those suspensions of the past failed to deter this brawl, they need to escalate the punishments....

Neither did Artest's artercation with the fans. Should Nate Robinson/J.R. Smith be suspended for the entire year? Not exactly related, but they did put the fans in that front row at risk for an injury.

Brawls like this will happen from time to time. Cooler heads do not always prevail.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seems adequate to me. Carmelo got plenty when you consider that now and forever he has the "wimp label" attached to himself.

Maybe Karl was paying Isiah and the Knicks back for firing Brown. Brown was and still is a great coach and what the Knicks organization did to him was disgraceful. They made the initial deal with him, then backed out and negotiated a buyout, by locking him out. That Knicks team was loaded with malcontents and lazy ballplayers. Brown was brought in to clean that team up and Isiah couldn't handle the exposure of his Knicks team that he built. Screw Thomas and the Knicks. The New York fans deserve to be rid of Dolan, Thomas, Marbury et al. This just might do it. I don't think the New York press will be offering any sympathy.

TBaslim

Planet Orange
Reaction score
Anthony should have received more of a suspension... And Karl should be singled out as well! Stern wimped out on this one...

Agreed on the first, but Karl? I think Isiah should have been singled out. Ordering dirty fouls should get a coach suspended. In any league.