Cards signing OT Kelvin Beachum per Gambo

cardcrazy

Registered
Reaction score
I am afraid it is more than that.

We already had the best group of tackles we have ever had since the franchise moved to Arizona.

If we are spending some of our sparse cap space on another tackle I think it means one of three things. Either they are expecting Humprhies or Gilbert to miss time, or they have a trade in place for justin murray or they are planning on moving Josh Jones to guard.

Why would Humphries or Gilbert miss time? Are they hurt?
We haven’t even started practicing?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is a great add. Underrated move.

Firstly, Hump has one season without injury. The odds of that happening again are slim.

His PFF grades the last 4 years are very similar to Humps. To get a vet with 7 years as a starter for around vet min that's not a drop off in talent is great.

He knows Kugler. Who was his OL coach his rookie season.

He started 3 years across from Marcus Gilbert.

Great move.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Seems to be the complete opposite of DJ.

Good pass-protector, but sub-par run-blocker after reading Jets’ forums/reddit.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why would Humphries or Gilbert miss time? Are they hurt?
We haven’t even started practicing?

They are training though, could easily be hurt doing that. Or for all we know they might have told the team they are opting out due to Corona.

Probably not the case, but I am just a little spooked by us signing this guy when we already have enough competent tackles.

I am a little less worried about it now though since he has played for our O-line coach before, and he can play guard as well.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Seems to be the complete opposite of DJ.

Good pass-protector, but sub-par run-blocker after reading Jets’ forums/reddit.

And when exactly did Hump become a poor pass blocker?

He gave up 2 sacks last season in over 1000 snaps.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is a great add. Underrated move.

Firstly, Hump has one season without injury. The odds of that happening again are slim.

His PFF grades the last 4 years are very similar to Humps. To get a vet with 7 years as a starter for around vet min that's not a drop off in talent is great.

He knows Kugler. Who was his OL coach his rookie season.

He started 3 years across from Marcus Gilbert.

Great move.

The actual odds of Humph going 16 in 2020 are precisely the same as any other L-T in the league.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Great move. We added a legitimate LT to back up Humphries. We now have Humphries and Beachum at LT. Gilbert and Murray at RT. Josh Jones who might get a fraction of the offseason most rookies get and people argue that a normal offseason isn't enough for rookie OL.

Finally prioritizing OL and OL depth.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great move. We added a legitimate LT to back up Humphries. We now have Humphries and Beachum at LT. Gilbert and Murray at RT. Josh Jones who might get a fraction of the offseason most rookies get and people argue that a normal offseason isn't enough for rookie OL.

Finally prioritizing OL and OL depth.

totally agree. not sure why people are even contemplating being upset about this. this team goes as far as the offense can take it this year and should be doing everything it can to protect Kyler and let him develop, with the D hopefully being middle of the road.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The actual odds of Humph going 16 in 2020 are precisely the same as any other L-T in the league.

Erm no. They aren't the same when you have a history of knee and lower leg injuries. Same as Gilbert has low odds as he hasn't played a full season in forever.

If his odds are the same as anyone let's put £50 on it. You can have Hump and i'll take Mitch Schwartz who never missed a game.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Erm no. They aren't the same when you have a history of knee and lower leg injuries. Same as Gilbert has low odds as he hasn't played a full season in forever.

If his odds are the same as anyone let's put £50 on it. You can have Hump and i'll take Mitch Schwartz who never missed a game.

I am right on the odds and you may be right on the results.

I don't need or want your $.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
It sounds like depth. Always need depth on the offensive line in case of injuries. I like that he can play both tackle positions.

Especially this season.

If a player is out for two weeks because of quarantining then depth will be huge.

Sounds crazy, but this may be the most interesting season ever. Any person can go down at anytime with the virus.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Especially this season.

If a player is out for two weeks because of quarantining then depth will be huge.

Sounds crazy, but this may be the most interesting season ever. Any person can go down at anytime with the virus.

Totally agree and it's going to be even more interesting in the NBA where they play a few games (eight or so) and then head into the playoffs. If a team loses a star or multiple players due to the coronavirus their playoff aspirations can end in a hurry. This may be the season for Cinderella teams.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Keim just keeps knocking balls out of the park. Great signing. On paper, this is the best Oline the club has put out there in my lifetime. I’m still laughing at the people who were calling for his job based on production. He’s a top5-10 GM in the league every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Keim just keeps knocking balls out of the park. Great signing. On paper, this is the best Oline the club has put out there in my lifetime. I’m still laughing at the people who were calling for his job based on production. He’s a top5-10 GM in the league every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

:biglaugh:

I'll grant you he (on paper) has done well this offseason. Let's be realistic, though; he's had to paper over the manifold cracks he himself created in this roster. Top 5-10 GM?

You must be registered for see images attach

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
I think this is a corona signing.

OL is the most critical unit on the team in terms of continuity. In case 1-3 O-linemen are going to quarantine during the season depth in needed.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Maybe they signed him cause we have a lineman with coronavirus and he can't start the camp

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
:biglaugh:

I'll grant you he (on paper) has done well this offseason. Let's be realistic, though; he's had to paper over the manifold cracks he himself created in this roster. Top 5-10 GM?

You must be registered for see images attach

Well consider this

For the 2013 season, Keim was selected as Pro Football Talk's NFL Executive of the Year

For the 2014 season, Keim was selected as NFL Executive of the Year by The Sporting News and back to back years by Pro Football Talk

Had a slump but who can really fault his actions at all the last two years, and the time spoon feeding an Arians era and not a franchise
Kyler, Isiah, D-hop (maybe the most lopsided steal in NFL history)
Screwed up major hiring Wilks (and the likes of McCoy), drafting Rosen but, look at the about face in one year and the guys and coaches he brought in because he's no snail

Top 5 no, in the top ten probably... damn right if you serious look at the other franchise GMs where a miss is commonplace :)

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am right on the odds and you may be right on the results.

I don't need or want your $.

Except you're not right on the odds.

Do bookies look at a horse race and say, "They are all horses. They all have an equal chance of winning!". No, they don't.

They look at past performance. Injury history. Form. Jockey. And a thousand other factors.

Saying Hump has as much chance of playing 16 games as any tackle with his history is ridiculous.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Except you're not right on the odds.

Do bookies look at a horse race and say, "They are all horses. They all have an equal chance of winning!". No, they don't.

They look at past performance. Injury history. Form. Jockey. And a thousand other factors.

Saying Hump has as much chance of playing 16 games as any tackle with his history is ridiculous.

What's ridiculous is you confusing bookie odds with actual chances for Humph or any other medically cleared L-T entering game one of the season. It's a "crash" sport and no one's immune; everyone is prone to injury but on snap one they all have the chance of surviving the season unscathed.

Last edited:

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
What's ridiculous is you confusing bookie odds with actual odds, which are 50/50 for Humph or any other medically cleared L-T entering game one of the season. It's a "crash" sport and no one's immune; everyone is prone to injury.
That’s like saying Jordan Reed and Travis Kelce have the same risk of getting injured. It’s clear there is a much higher percentage Reed will be injured because he is always injured.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is a solid signing. He is a very good pass protector.

Never regarded as a marquee player, Beachum finished third among tackles in pass-block win rate (94.2%), according to ESPN Stats & Information. Slightly undersized at 6-foot-3, he excelled in pass protection.3 days ago source ESPN

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That’s like saying Jordan Reed and Travis Kelce have the same risk of getting injured. It’s clear there is a much higher percentage Reed will be injured because he is always injured.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, and you to don't get the point.

That Humph started 16 games in 2019 is not a guarantee he will in 2020 and only starting 9 in 2018 does not guarantee that he won't. You can bet over or under, but the fact remains that it's a flip of a coin in reality when the ball is snapped for the first time in September and it's the same for any other O-lineman when it comes to health over the course of a season.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard