Cards signing OT Kelvin Beachum per Gambo

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, and you to don't get the point.

That Humph started 16 games in 2019 is not a guarantee he will in 2020 and only starting 9 in 2018 does not guarantee that he won't. You can bet over or under, but the fact remains that it's a 50/50 proposition in reality when the ball is snapped for the first time in September and it's the same for any other O-lineman.
statistics do not back up that all offensive lineman have a 50% chance of injury. It's not 50/50

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
statistics do not back up that all offensive lineman have a 50% chance of injury. It's not 50/50

Every starting O-lineman can play between 1 and 1000+ snaps in a season. Prior to that first snap all have an equal chance at that result. It's the vagaries of the game that will decide the actual number and you can set the odds of player X starting 16 games as you see fit, but it doesn't change the actual starting point.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Every starting O-lineman can play between 1 and 1000+ snaps in a season. Prior to that first snap all have an equal chance at that result. It's the vagaries of the game that will decide the actual number and you can set the odds of player X starting 16 games as you see fit, but it doesn't change the actual starting point.

So the guy who plays one snap has the same injury probability as the guy with 1,000? You cannot just make up your own baselines and then parade them around as the truth, man.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So the guy who plays one snap has the same injury probability as the guy with 1,000? You cannot just make up your own baselines and then parade them around as the truth, man.

Didn't say that.

You buy a lottery ticket as do I.

Until the draw we have an equal chance at winning.

You are L-T X and I am Y.

At the first snap of game one we have an equal chance of not surviving the crash of bodies or going unscathed for the season.

Now you believe (and could be right) that because you have been injury free and I haven't, that the chances of you playing a full season are better than mine and could even give odds, but at the point of the first snap it's not a given, it's an unknown.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didn't say that.

You buy a lottery ticket as do I.

Until the draw we have an equal chance at winning.

You are L-T X and I am Y.

At the first snap of game one we have an equal chance of not surviving the crash of bodies or going unscathed for the season.

Now you believe (and could be right) that because you have been injury free and I haven't, that the chances of you playing a full season are better than mine and could even give odds, but at the point of the first snap it's not a given, it's an unknown.

So you do not believe that a guy with several knee surgeries has a better chance of getting a knee injury than a guy who has had none?

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So you do not believe that a guy with several knee surgeries has a better chance of getting a knee injury than a guy who has had none?

I've given you the most elementary explanation of my point. Odds are on your side, but it is not a given. If it was, Humph would not have started 16 last season.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've given you the most elementary explanation of my point. Odds are on your side, but it is not a given. If it was, Humph would not have started 16 last season.

Just because you broke it down to simple does not make it accurate. Yes, someone with an injury history can absolutely not get injured but someone with an injury history is absolutely more likely to be injured. Anything against that is being obtuse. I have faith in hump but I am all for signing depth behind him because anyone can get injured and even more so, we have guys with a history of getting injured. Some people have weaker ligiments than others. some people have weaker bones than others. its not 50/50 across all humans. It's just not.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just because you broke it down to simple does not make it accurate. Yes, someone with an injury history can absolutely not get injured but someone with an injury history is absolutely more likely to be injured. Anything against that is being obtuse. I have faith in hump but I am all for signing depth behind him because anyone can get injured and even more so, we have guys with a history of getting injured. Some people have weaker ligiments than others. some people have weaker bones than others. its not 50/50 across all humans. It's just not.

Obtuse or deliberately so, is not simply accepting my point with the deference given to odds.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What's ridiculous is you confusing bookie odds with actual chances for Humph or any other medically cleared L-T entering game one of the season. It's a "crash" sport and no one's immune; everyone is prone to injury but on snap one they all have the chance of surviving the season unscathed.

Whats ridiculous is you confusing the fact that anyone can get injured at any time, which is true, with the reality that if you have a long injury history your odds of getting injured in any given period are higher than someone without a long injury history. Because there are two types on injury. Freak injury inflicted upon you and injury created by your own inherent physical weakness.

You stated his odds are exactly the same as any other tackle, which is simply not true.

If that's the case Hump can be your guy and I'll take Schwartz. If Schwartz plays more game you have to have a sig of my choosing for 6 months, if Hump plays more then vice versa.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Is this the first time two dudes from Europe have fought on an Arizona Cardinals message board?

:grabs:

p.s. Where in the UK @BritCard ? & also..... @GuernseyCard how does someone move to an island off the coast of France in the English Channel? Have you always lived there?

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Whats ridiculous is you confusing the fact that anyone can get injured at any time, which is true, with the reality that if you have a long injury history your odds of getting injured in any given period are higher than someone without a long injury history. Because there are two types on injury. Freak injury inflicted upon you and injury created by your own inherent physical weakness.

You stated his odds are exactly the same as any other tackle, which is simply not true.

If that's the case Hump can be your guy and I'll take Schwartz. If Schwartz plays more game you have to have a sig of my choosing for 6 months, if Hump plays more then vice versa.

And if the same you are condemned to proudly displaying the Spurs Sig for a year.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Is this the first time two dudes from Europe have fought on an Arizona Cardinals message board?

:grabs:

p.s. Where in the UK @BritCard ? & also..... @GuernseyCard how does someone move to an island off the coast of France in the English Channel? Have you always lived there?

We've been on Jersey/Guernsey since Charles I.

Originally a Norman family that crossed with William the Conqueror.

Branches of the family in Oxfordshire and the Pas de Calais.

Father is English / mother French Canadian.

One of my ancestors founded "new" Jersey.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
When our offense has been awful the last 10 years it has been largely because the entire O Line went down to injury flames. Depth signing with guys with 100 NFL starts under their belt is always great insurance.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
The majority of spur dislike has to do with blatant cheating in the playoffs during the Nash era and the encouragement of dirty ass play by Bruce Bowen.

& Robert Horry. And Tim Donaghy. And Manu's baby antics. And finally, Amare's knees.

Eff the Spurs.

:)
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard