Cards Sign Lorenzo Alexander

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This is a good signing.

Alexander is a madman on special teams, as evidenced by his Pro Bowl appearance last year. He's also relatively new to the LB position as a former DL who shed a ton of weight. He's not very young, but the Redskins fans I talked to are very sorry to see him go. Great low-key move, IMO.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well with him n Bethel on STs the unit should be good.. but otherwise :bigyawn:

Unsterblich856

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Lorenzo Alexander is arguably the best special teams player in the league. A really good signing.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
well with him n Bethel on STs the unit should be good.. but otherwise :bigyawn:

The Cards special teams really fell off last season. Especially the kick coverage units. So they needed to upgrade. Maybe he can block a punt to beat the Cowboys.

pacman

Veteran
Reaction score
lol. DWash is right after. Love that guy. He's a good kid. And a beast of a LB
Oh yea I love D Wash. He is a stud at MLB that can do it all. I really believe he will be consider the best MLB in the league after next season. He is way better than Patrick Willis right now imo. Btw D Wash can sing for real!

52brandon

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Oh yea I love D Wash. He is a stud at MLB that can do it all. I really believe he will be consider the best MLB in the league after next season. He is way better than Patrick Willis right now imo. Btw D Wash can sing for real!
agreed. Super cool dude. He gives the impression that grandma spent a lot of time raising him and would whoop him when he was out of line. Just got the old-school tough-love discipline vibe from him. SUPER polite, always happy and smiling

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Wow.

That is one big inside linebacker.

6'1" and 275lbs.

275 lbs. - Goodness.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes he will. on ST's!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good news! This guy is going to start for us:

Kinda suspected this. SAme assumptions that he would just be depth were made when Lenon was signed. Looks like we are seriously cheaping out ala 2010.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kinda suspected this. SAme assumptions that he would just be depth were made when Lenon was signed. Looks like we are seriously cheaping out ala 2010.

Hes a career special teamer and a PBer. K9 posting him saying he is starting is hardly shocking news especially since the statement is so vague. You can start on ST's FYI...

Or are we just bringing Jasper Brinkley in for a talk for no reason?

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hes a career special teamer and a PBer. K9 posting him saying he is starting is hardly shocking news especially since the statement is so vague. You can start on ST's FYI...

Just sounds like Paris Lenon again... Right down to "why bringing Jasper" equaling "then why are we
Bringing in Larry Foote" when we signed Lenon.

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
I'm wondering if they want Alexander to play SOLB---that and/or Jasper Brinkley.

I noticed that Reggie Walker was used inside and on the edge (as a rusher) last year and looked pretty strong in his rush.

What's intriguing about this is Alexander and Brinkley have some pass rushing ability---and they now have a pass rushing guru coach in Tom Pratt.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm wondering if they want Alexander to play SOLB---that and/or Jasper Brinkley.

I noticed that Reggie Walker was used inside and on the edge (as a rusher) last year and looked pretty strong in his rush.

What's intriguing about this is Alexander and Brinkley have some pass rushing ability---and they now have a pass rushing guru coach in Tom Pratt.
Mitch - We finished up last season with 2 pricey ILB's (Lenon and Bradley) who could line up next to DWash and provide depth at both inside positions. Walker also provided additional backup depth.

With both Bradley gone (& Lenon expected to be), it would make sense to replace them with one high-profile ILB (like Brinkley or Maualuga) and one lesser-known but capable dude in Alexander (probably at a cost-savings). Meanwhile, Walker remains a constant.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score

They have a plan for this guy that is for sure.

6' 1" 275lbs.

OLBer ?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

Really? I'm not sure about what's vague about the article:

Alexander, the NFC’s Pro Bowl special teamer in 2012, his seventh season with the Redskins, including the first on the practice squad, is the Cardinals’ new starting will (weak side) outside linebacker with a three-year, $9.5 million contract that includes $3 million guaranteed.

..."The Cardinals have already kind of pegged me in a starting role which is very exciting for me. I’ll be a linebacker that helps out on special teams instead of special teams being my bread and butter. It’s going to allow me to grow as a player. I won’t be tired when I’m on defense."

REAL ambiguous. Guess Sam Acho didn't fit into the Bowles defense, either.

Tank job.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Yep, signed with Arizona over San Fran because they said he would be the starter at WOLB. Also paid him over 3 per year after he played in Washington for 700k last year. My only hope is that they move Acho to SOLB where he belongs IMO.

Their move to add a pass rusher is paying a 29 year old ST ace to start at WOLB. Classic Cardinals. Apparently this is our front office's homage to 2002. Well Graves, apparently the student has become the master (Keim).

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson