Cards Impressed with WR Michael Floyd per Jurecki

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Would love this pick provided Cardinals do there due diligence on his background. Is a Fitz clone but with more speed.

Gotta address OT in FA then if you are going that route. Also might do that projected trade with Bengals to move back a few spots and still get Floyd or Baylor WR at 17.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
With all due respect...... Fitz has no clones.

I would absolutely hate the pick and wonder what in the heck this team is doing to address the MAJOR needs we have at O-Line, ILB, OLB, and in the secondary.

To me..... This is a smoke screen from our front office letting others know that Floyd may not be available so they better trade up. Hopefully with us. lol

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
i guess they let this rumor goes out so maybe they hope to find some teams available to trade up at cardinals spot for him

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Why does this rumor have to be some sort of smoke to put out to teams to trade with them?

Isn't it pretty safe to assume that they can just be legitimately impressed with the kid. A kid who also plays a position of need, #2 WR.

The rest of Jurecki's tweet does say "sign a tackle in FA & IF he's there @#13 best available athlete, a legit #2."

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Why does this rumor have to be some sort of smoke to put out to teams to trade with them?

Isn't it pretty safe to assume that they can just be legitimately impressed with the kid. A kid who also plays a position of need, #2 WR.

The rest of Jurecki's tweet does say "sign a tackle in FA & IF he's there @#13 best available athlete, a legit #2."
He also says Brandon Keith is one of the two tackles they're still talking to, which is scary. I sincerely hope they're not planning to roll with Levi and Keith again at the tackles.

But I do believe their interest in Floyd is legit. This isn't the first time we've heard his name brought up in connection with the Cards.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
he is Fitz-like

both are from the Twin Cities, almost identical size and excels in catching the ball over his shoulder and high pointing the ball. Times a bit faster than Fitz. Three alcohol related issues while at ND, although IIRC he has put a couple years of good behavior between today and those issues.

Assuming Blackmon is gone, if a team wants size and a quick transition -- Floyd is your guy. A little bit more of a transition but more upside-- Steven Hill

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He also says Brandon Keith is one of the two tackles they're still talking to, which is scary. I sincerely hope they're not planning to roll with Levi and Keith again at the tackles.

But I do believe their interest in Floyd is legit. This isn't the first time we've heard his name brought up in connection with the Cards.

Brandon Keith couldn't make another team.

OP
OP
Arizona's Finest

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
He's also an incredible blocker at WR and has legit NFL hands.

I didn't say he WAS Fitz. They just have similar size, backgrounds, and skill sets. Those two would be killer in red zone and he has speed to be deep threat.

I have watched him at 10-12 times and 3 x live since he started at ND and he is real deal. The drinking issues worry me, but that also maybe be overblown because of NDs "honor code"...

Last edited:

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
He is one of my top 6 picks for us. As long as we sign a LT I wouldn't mind the pick. Having Floyd fills a need for us as a #2 WR.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I say pass due to his off-the-field problems.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
stephen hill is much better ...better speed taller better hands..his stats lie cause he played for a run offense.but his 30 yards x catch shows he is the vertical threat we looking for

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
I say pass due to his off-the-field problems.

He hasn't had any issues for a year now. The only way he was allowed off suspension was to have the Notre Dame President sign off on it, which included many stipulations that Floyd accepted and followed through with.

Had to participate in before being reinstated and during the season, in a alcohol abuse program, live in an on campus dorm, raise his grades, amongst other things.

A lot of scouts and his coaches were impressed with his resolve to fix what was wrong with him personally, per the combine coverage on NFL network.

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
stephen hill is much better ...better speed taller better hands..his stats lie cause he played for a run offense.but his 30 yards x catch shows he is the vertical threat we looking for

Hill is tall and on the thin side---which makes you wonder if he will strictly be a perimeter WR, one who rarely goes over the middle. Whereas Floyd is nearly as fast and is thick and physical, which is why he fits the Cardinals' short to intermediate passing game better.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hill is a fast- rising blazer with a comparatively brief resume. Floyd is generally rated #2 after Blackmon and on most published Top 10 BPA lists. He cemented that rating with a faster than expected combine forty-time to go with his size and physicality.

From either a need or BPA standpoint, the CW is that we'd be getting good value from Floyd. I'd peg OT a higher priority, but am not sold on either Reiff (who'll probably be gone anyway) or Martin (the more I hear, the less I like). Personally, I rank DeCastro higher than Floyd from a BPA standpoint, but a case could be made for any of these guys.

All it takes is for one trade or freaky move above us to screw up any mock draft, but right now, my projections have us running out of guys we really like at abou #11; which would set the stage for us to try and trade down.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's also an incredible blocker at WR and has legit NFL hands.

I didn't say he WAS Fitz. They just have similar size, backgrounds, and skill sets. Those two would be killer in red zone and he has speed to be deep threat.

I have watched him at 10-12 times and 3 x live since he started at ND and he is real deal. The drinking issues worry me, but that also maybe be overblown because of NDs "honor code"...

I rather see these kids drink than use illegal drugs. It's just part of growing up.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score

So true. He could be REAL HIGH on their board and I can see why.

Instantly improves the passing attack - so important today.

If Housler comes into his own more - I can see a prolific attack. Quick routes.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Hill is tall and on the thin side---which makes you wonder if he will strictly be a perimeter WR, one who rarely goes over the middle. Whereas Floyd is nearly as fast and is thick and physical, which is why he fits the Cardinals' short to intermediate passing game better.

Exactly , he has some giddy-up too. Sneaky quick fast. ;)

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Hes perfect for our team.

Guys say we need a deep threat, which I agree, but whats the point of having a guy who can get down field if our Oline doesnt give us enough time to heave it downfield? Most of our throws have to be 5-10 yards because thats how quickly the line collapses.

in those situations you want size. Someone who can outmuscle and out jump the DBs and LBs. MF is our man.

Q wasnt fast at all. Look at what he and Larry did. Floyd is tough, strong, big, physical. One of his best attributes that nobody talks about is his YAC. He fights for every inch, its great.

would love the pick.

Also, now that Anthony collins resigned with Cinci and we know for a fact that J.Martin is a weak butterball, we need to move in with a full court press on Bell. He hasnt signed anywhere yet and thats probably because nobodies really pursuing him. We need to sit him down and get this done. Start clearing space, make the necessary cuts, we need him.

Last edited:

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
Hes perfect for our team.

Guys say we need a deep threat, which I agree, but whats the point of having a guy who can get down field if our Oline doesnt give us enough time to heave it downfield? Most of our throws have to be 5-10 yards because thats how quickly the line collapses.

in those situations you want size. Someone who can outmuscle and out jump the DBs and LBs. MF is our man.

Q wasnt fast at all. Look at what he and Larry did. Floyd is tough, strong, big, physical. One of his best attributes that nobody talks about is his YAC. He fights for every inch, its great.

would love the pick.

Also, now that Anthony collins resigned with Cinci and we know for a fact that J.Martin is a weak butterball, we need to move in with a full court press on Bell. He hasnt signed anywhere yet and thats probably because nobodies really pursuing him. We need to sit him down and get this done. Start clearing space, make the necessary cuts, we need him.
This is a great post. Speed is great, but talent is still first. If Floyd is our top rated guy when we pick that would be great.

Also we need to get Bell signed. His price tag shouldnt be to bad at this point in free agency. We need the upgrade and he seems like the best choice we have.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
I had very high hopes for Stephen Williams going into last season but if we are looking at Floyd and brought back Early, I guess that he was just a pre-season flash in the pan a la Matt Trannon

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
I had very high hopes for Stephen Williams going into last season but if we are looking at Floyd and brought back Early, I guess that he was just a pre-season flash in the pan a la Matt Trannon

Stephen Williams showed flashes of what his speed and height can do.

I think our expectations got way over blown with him.

But I wouldn't be surprised if he was our 4th option this year and shows improvement.

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Are you kidden? You didnt even know who Stephen Hill was pre-combine. Nobody did. Hes a combine monster whos rocketed up the draft boards because of a 40. His college stats arent impressive because he wasnt impressive. Guys completely unproven.

Floyd, on the other hand, has a rap sheet (ba dum tss) of credentials. go for the sure, proven thing.

Youve got that Al Davis-itis. Tall, fast. DRAFT HIM IN THE FIRST!