Thoughts on the first round of the upcoming draft...

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by Chopper0080, Jan 16, 2019.

1. Praxis

Praxis Registered

You guys are going to laugh at me but we should 100% take Kyler Murray and go all in with the Big 12 model. Trade Rosen for a player or picks and totally transform the offense.

The Clement hiring suggests we're sticking with Rosen, but I think Kingsbury needs an athletic QB who can rush and throw on the run. QB is the most important position and we need one on the same page as the HC.

2. Ohcrap75

Ohcrap75 Registered

I probably wouldn't invest the number one overall pick on a player that could leave at any point to play baseball.

outcent13 likes this.
  3. oaken1

oaken1 Stone Cold

Your avatar says it all

4. Praxis

Praxis Registered

No, he's playing football. More guaranteed money in the first round.

5. Praxis

Praxis Registered

I won't go too hard on you when I'm proven right.

6. Finito

Finito Registered

I think it's pretty obvious he's using the NFL for leverage well not him but his super agent Scott Boris

Ohcrap75 likes this.
  7. oaken1

oaken1 Stone Cold

he only goes NFL if he gets drafted high enough to pay back the 5mil he was already given and still be rich. That isnt going to happen.

Ohcrap75 likes this.
  8. Praxis

Praxis Registered

Skip agrees with me. It took balls to hire Kingsbury. Now draft Murray. Rosen has decent value right now, perfect time to move him.

9. WildBB

WildBB BB - BIG BIRD

Good write up. Accurate assessment of realistic needs.

To bad there isn't really an OL difference maker like Quinton Nelson was. We'll have to find another sleeper there or just get David Johnson lucky again. I see Lindstrom going in the early 2nd rd., and that's where we'll target a WR imo.

Just maybe they'll move back more then once with some good offers.

I'd be happy with Devin White or the top 1-2 rated CB
    in the 1st. I really like the idea of Bynes and White together in the middle.

Krangthebrain likes this.
  10. Finito

Finito Registered

Oh Skip Bayless agrees with you, well then that settles it right there Huh.

I mean Skip Bayless

11. Zeno

Zeno Ancient

The Air Raid doesn’t require a running QB, where is that coming from? It isn’t the RPO or the freaking wishbone.

Besides if this team drafted a 5’ 8/9 QB number 1 overall they’d deserve to be a laughing stock.

12. Chopper0080

Chopper0080 Skeptical

I am still trying to increase my knowledge of the air raid system. Because of the spread nature of the offense, mobility is handy to avoid the free rushers. However, I wonder if the ability to make pre snap determinations and quickly go progress through reads will be even more important. my guess is that it will as many college QBs don't have the time or circumstances to be able to develop these traits to a high level. This will be an interesting case study to see if the air raid system is held back by college QBs rather than being just an offense simple enough for them to succeed in.

13. Mainstreet

Mainstreet Registered User Contributor

I want to understand this. The consensus opinion is not drafting a quarterback.

However, if Rosen doesn't work out is everyone going to be happy going with Glennon and banking the Cardinals can draft a quarterback in 2020.

The Cardinals may not be equally bad in 2019 so they may not be in position to draft one early.

I'm not saying the Cardinals should draft a quarterback with the number 1 pick if the talent is not there but I think we need to keep an open mind about this.

I want to believe the Cardinals have solved their quarterback problem as much as anyone.

14. football karma

football karma formerly known as En Fuego

15. oaken1

oaken1 Stone Cold

Yes.
    Neither of the first round QB's in this draft would have been selected before Josh Rosen last year. Thats a simple fact, they are not as talented at the QB position...murray is good, but the dude is only 5 foot 8...his measurables kill him.

next years draft class is going to have some better choices at the QB position, and the year after that some better choices still.
    Considering everything Rosen had to contend with, the kid in all ways deserves another season to show he is the guy.

so right now the right thing to do is "assume" Rosen is the guy and continue to build the team around him. If it should turn out that he is in fact not the guy then we will have better choices at QB over the next couple of drafts than those who are available in 2019

WisconsinCard, daves and Ohcrap75 like this.