Cardinals

long_season

Veteran
Reaction score
Like 7 states have their state bird as the cardinal. Why can't we. According to my heavy research...like 4 minutes...Arizona was the last state to choose a state bird. ..in 1973...had we only waited 15 more years.

Someone call Mike b. He can get it done...

Sorry going to be drinking A LOT until Sunday.

Go cards

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think the cardinal didn't start migrating to AZ until the late 80s? Don't quote me on that. Maybe we should rename ourselves the Arizona Cactus Wrens

TruColor

Trombonist in Roger Goodell's Wedding Rcpt.
Reaction score
I think the cardinal didn't start migrating to AZ until the late 80s? Don't quote me on that. Maybe we should rename ourselves the Arizona Cactus Wrens

Said this many times, but read it in a book at the Grand Canyon that the Northern Cardinal first began migrating to Arizona in 1988.

Kid you not.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Gregg Easrerbrook has called the Cards the Cactus Wrens in his TMQ column for many years.

Reaction score
Like 7 states have their state bird as the cardinal. Why can't we. According to my heavy research...like 4 minutes...Arizona was the last state to choose a state bird. ..in 1973...had we only waited 15 more years.

Go cards

:cheers:

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score

Go cards

Well arizona was the last state to form in the continental US so of course it would be the last state to choose a State bird :D

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
The Pyrrhuloxia has been around the Southwest for a while... holding the space for its red brother :)

Attachments

• 9Q6A1196-Cardinal-&-Pyrrhuloxia-_-800.jpg
    9Q6A1196-Cardinal-&-Pyrrhuloxia-_-800.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 82

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well arizona was the last state to form in the continental US so of course it would be the last state to choose a State bird :D

I think AZ wanted the roadrunner, but New Mexico already took it.

I've seen roadrunners. Never seen a Cactus Wren.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard