Cardinals news for the week of Aug 30, 2021

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Correct me if I’m wrong but even though they don’t suit up if you have both your quarterbacks hurt can’t you play one on an emergency exception?
I thought they did away with that rule.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
If I were the QB coach of the Cardinals I'd constantly have him working on throwing whle rolling to his left. Can only think of a few times where he rolled left and threw it. Then again this is something that he should be doing in his offseason. Its good that he can scramble but he doesnt make teams pay enough for it. Should be hitting guys downfield. Although to be fair our wrs werent good at scramble drills either. Hopefully Jefferson helps with that.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Patrick Peterson not happy about new rule stopping cornerbacks from going low vs. blockers

The NFL significantly enhanced the rule against blocks below the waist this offseason, and Vikings cornerback Patrick Peterson thinks it’s going to make life miserable for cornerbacks on running plays.

The new rule means that if an offensive lineman is attempting to block a defensive back, the defensive back can’t initiate contact below the waist. Given that offensive linemen are often 100 or more pounds heavier than defensive backs, Peterson says the only safe way to go at them is to hit them low, and that’s no longer an option.

We’re really gonna get smashed now,” Peterson told Peter King in Football Morning in America. “Imagine a 315-pound guard lead-blocking and running right at us. We gotta literally just almost stand there and take it, or try to fake them out and get around them to the ballcarrier. But I think a few of us [cornerbacks] are going to get leveled.”

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score

Patrick Peterson not happy about new rule stopping cornerbacks from going low vs. blockers

The NFL significantly enhanced the rule against blocks below the waist this offseason, and Vikings cornerback Patrick Peterson thinks it’s going to make life miserable for cornerbacks on running plays.

The new rule means that if an offensive lineman is attempting to block a defensive back, the defensive back can’t initiate contact below the waist. Given that offensive linemen are often 100 or more pounds heavier than defensive backs, Peterson says the only safe way to go at them is to hit them low, and that’s no longer an option.

We’re really gonna get smashed now,” Peterson told Peter King in Football Morning in America. “Imagine a 315-pound guard lead-blocking and running right at us. We gotta literally just almost stand there and take it, or try to fake them out and get around them to the ballcarrier. But I think a few of us [cornerbacks] are going to get leveled.”
It's not like PP likes to tackle anyway this rule won't effect him so why is he complaining? Lol

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If I were the QB coach of the Cardinals I'd constantly have him working on throwing whle rolling to his left. Can only think of a few times where he rolled left and threw it. Then again this is something that he should be doing in his offseason. Its good that he can scramble but he doesnt make teams pay enough for it. Should be hitting guys downfield. Although to be fair our wrs werent good at scramble drills either. Hopefully Jefferson helps with that.

Jefferson?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cardinals bring in 2 tackle for workouts.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Reaction score
This raises 2 questions for me.

1. Why can Larry see what our GM and HC can't?

2. Are decisions like this making Larry question this franchise?

He didn't say anything about how good he was on the field. Only how he was as a teammate & person on & off the field. I think you are looking for something that isn't there.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Understood. He’s well liked by his teammates. Could be a cancer if things don’t go his way.

I think we're going to see (and always were) much more nickel linebacker than nickel corner.

Possibly another reason Butler wasn't happy.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
The players in their own locker room with the choice. Who are you to argue it?
A fan, who has plenty of prerogatives to question anything about the team. The only way he gets picked is popularity, at this point, not talent. Leadership is anything but a popularity contest--or shouldn't be.