Cardinals Head Coaching Candidates 2023

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My concern with Kafka is that he even has much connections at all being so young. Granted, he probably has more than Kliff but really do not want another guy who is unable to recruit and construct his own staff... while Anarumo I would imagine is more than capable of figuring out a staff
Very true. Which leads to “ telling” Kafka how great an idea it is to retain the defensive coaching staff.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It makes sense why Mitch & others ran BritCard off while at ROTB.

Man you're such a tool.

RotB banned me for calling Mitch a pure fantacist after his 100th completely manufactured article from his bedroom in Foxborough as is he was inside the Front Office. Ironically the exact same thing you ran him off for from here and exactly the same thing I'm arguing with a chunk of this board over now.

You think I'm bothered about being banned from that crap hole for doing exactly what you did to him here? Don't make me laugh.

I actually found it hilarious when I came here and discovered Mitch was renowned for exactly the thing that pissed me off.

Last edited:

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't think Flores turned down the Cardinals job. I think that possibly Mike didn't want to hire him so he is dragging out this process quite a bit so that Flores had to take another job rather than wait under Michael's time frame. By doing this the Cardinals did not reject him and open themselves up to more lawsuit stuff.
So Mikey was being petty

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
What inaction and paralysis?

If the last interview is Friday, the Cards will have fired a GM and Coach, found a new GM and AGM and conducted a wide search to find a new HC in 34 days.
Agree 100%. The worst thing we could have done would have been to rush into another disastrous hire…….Kliff 2. I have 2 *******, why didn’t we get permission to interview the Eagles coordinators sooner & why the F is VJ NOT GONE?? If I have to see his face on our sideline 1 more time, my head will literally explode.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I was really looking forward to seeing Kyler with a real NFL coach to try to get a sense of how much Kliff held him back. Sadly with this coaching search so badly botched it's hard to imagine ever getting an answer to that. Going from a fired college failure to a mid February scrap heap hire with a staff full of people nobody else wanted. What a disaster.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

I don't think Monti would be okay interviewing a friend and former colleague if they had no intention of hiring him, not to mention scheduling a second interview but whatever

I think that people to believe that Monti is driving this process are wishcasting.

Irsay must be forcning it on them...

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Maybe! Irsay has become a Bad Owner. His team was a consistent playoff aspirant and then he decided to become involved and it's been an embarrassing catastrophe. He used to be The Guy Who Collected Rock Memorabilia and Did Pills; now he's The Guy Obsessed with Jeff Saturday.

You seem to think that the Cards being in the company of the worst organizations in the NFL is a positive. It's not! Expect more.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Agree 100%. The worst thing we could have done would have been to rush into another disastrous hire…….Kliff 2. I have 2 *******, why didn’t we get permission to interview the Eagles coordinators sooner & why the F is VJ NOT GONE?? If I have to see his face on our sideline 1 more time, my head will literally explode.

Get ready for that explosion, but be considerate and do it outdoors.

Wouldn't want to leave your better half the chore of picking up the gore.

RIP

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think that people to believe that Monti is driving this process are wishcasting.

Maybe! Irsay has become a Bad Owner. His team was a consistent playoff aspirant and then he decided to become involved and it's been an embarrassing catastrophe. He used to be The Guy Who Collected Rock Memorabilia and Did Pills; now he's The Guy Obsessed with Jeff Saturday.

You seem to think that the Cards being in the company of the worst organizations in the NFL is a positive. It's not! Expect more.

Actually I think neither are forcing anything on anyone

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
So Monti would just go along with bogus interviews and disingenuous interest? Against a former colleague? And why are you acting like he has zero say so in the hiring process? You think that's how Mikey wants to start off that relationship? I recall you also saying we didn't have to hire a GM before hiring a Head Coach but here we are, and further more I'm guessing Mikey guaranteed Monti would be included in the most important decision of his new found employment that will ultimately dictate the future of his professional career come on man

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Actually I think neither are forcing anything on anyone

I mean, "forcing" is obviously a loaded term here in both directions. There are ways to express how the team would prefer they keep consistency on one side of the ball while undergoing this transition, or whatever.

That people keep saying no to both jobs has to be explicable.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
So Monti would just go along with bogus interviews and disingenuous interest? Against a former colleague? And why are you acting like he has zero say so in the hiring process? You think that's how Mikey wants to start off that relationship? I recall you also saying we didn't have to hire a GM before hiring a Head Coach but here we are, and further more I'm guessing Mikey guaranteed Monti would be included in the most important decision of his new found employment that will ultimately dictate the future of his professional career come on man

I'm not saying he has "zero say." I'm doubting that he's driving the hiring process.

There's little evidence suggesting that Monti and Flores have any relationship outside of time spent in the same organization years ago. A lot of teams want their scouts and coaches to stay well separated so that there's less groupthink in the evaluation process.

Relax, dude. I don't know why you're so invested in Monti Ossenfort -- a guy you probably had never heard of before last month.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Try to forgive, K-9's deep seeded antipathy towards MB. He deeply resents (envies?) the silver spoon.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
i think forcing is too strong a word

but:

if you are a HC candidate, and the owner asks you if you are ok with keeping Vance.......

you know that saying "no" hurts your chances at the margin.

Guys like Arians were strong enough to say no and not care what happened. Curious if Kafka or Anarumo are.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

but:

if you are a HC candidate, and the owner asks you if you are ok with keeping Vance.......

Guys like Arians were strong enough to say no and not care what happened. Curious if Kafka or Anarumo are.
If you say "no", you already know that you're comfortable going back to your current position and waiting for another opportunity. Do you think questions about Vance or other staff, would have been asked before the 2nd interview, though? Meaning, going into interview #2, they know exactly what the situation and and will be?

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

but:

Anarumo apparently has history so he might be happy with VJ.
Kafka’s strength is his apparent ability to get Kyler on track and would welcome a defense staff in place.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
I'm not saying he has "zero say." I'm doubting that he's driving the hiring process.

There's little evidence suggesting that Monti and Flores have any relationship outside of time spent in the same organization years ago. A lot of teams want their scouts and coaches to stay well separated so that there's less groupthink in the evaluation process.

Relax, dude. I don't know why you're so invested in Monti Ossenfort -- a guy you probably had never heard of before last month.
lol my bad, just blazed a j, but seriously tho thinking logically doesn't make me "so invested in Monti". I'm just saying Mikey probably wouldn't hire someone Monti wouldn't want here. I think Monti does have a hand on the steering wheel. As far as your guesstimations go on what (if any) type of relationship Monti and Flores have had in the past, I'm thinking they at the very least know each other. And the group think?? lol

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

but:

Saying no is easy. Both guys have cushy gigs on winning teams they can go back to and are well respected enough to get future opportunities. And it's too late in the hiring cycle for Mike to have any leverage.

Who knows? I think Mike is mediocre, but I don't think he's an A hole. I don't see him insisting on staff staying.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Whoever gets the job I want an actual head coach. Not a coach of the offense or the defense. Not a guy who only handles one side of the ball and leaves the other to a coordinator.

I want a guy whos fully responsible for the whole team and manages the whole thing top to bottom.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whoever gets the job I want an actual head coach. Not a coach of the offense or the defense. Not a guy who only handles one side of the ball and leaves the other to a coordinator.

I want a guy whos fully responsible for the whole team and manages the whole thing top to bottom.
I think Aramona answered fits that bill better than Kafka.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose