Cardinals Head Coaching Candidates 2023

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
I think Anarumo is out. If I were setting up the interviews, I‘d say Kafka was the gamble, so he goes first. He‘s the best choice if you want to focus on Murray. He unquestionably has the best background in QB development of any candidates, including Reich. So you must ask do you feel saving Murray is critical? If so and Kafka is confident and convincing, you pick him. You sign him immediately. Coming from the Giants who were cleaning up a big mess, the Cards job may not intimidate him. The presence of 2 personnel front office gurus could be very reassuring to him.

If you detect any apprehension, you pass and hope for a good OC & maybe QB Coach.

Up next is Flores. If you haven‘t hired Kafka, then Flores is your HC. He would only have gotten a second interview because your new GM endorsed him, but Ossenfort would have likely accepted Kafka if he did a great second interview. The choice is Flores for all the reasons Brit has been saying. He wasn‘t my top choice but he‘s the best remaining option. You rarely get a chance to hire a winning HC. He also won with a front office trying to lose. That means his team played for him. He’s tough and there will be turnover. Murray could well be part of that turnover. Anarumo is out because your GM accepts Flores and Anarumo is simply less qualified. You don‘t let Flores leave unsigned. He will sign or he blows up his lawsuit.

EDIT: It has now been reported that Glenn is out as well.

There have been rumblings that Aaron Glenn is also expected to get a second interview. I wonder where he fits in the pecking order.

Last edited:

Outerlimits

Veteran
Reaction score
Patience is a virtue,ans. Despite having been patiently waiting for a Super Bowl win for numerous decades now.

Rest easy friends,

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Is it kind if rude to not allow him to interview for jobs elsewhere? He may very well be fired by the new HC, and his options for other teams will be much more limited by that point.

Sorry Quebec. Seems I mangled a quote of yours in this reply as well. But yes, we are Cards fans and have immense patience. Not many who lack patience would willingly follow a team that has gone numerous decades without a championship.

Last edited:

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Refresh my memory. Does Flores have any connection with MO in the past? We know Glenn does. I don’t think Kafka does. What about Anamuro?

I think previous relations would play a big roll.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I had heard that they had an agreement between each other beforehand that if only one got a HC gig then the other one would join his staff. So it was less of a cardinal thing and more of a Whis/Grimm thing.
Huh. Never heard that. If true that’s interesting.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Refresh my memory. Does Flores have any connection with MO in the past? We know Glenn does. I don’t think Kafka does. What about Anamuro?

I think previous relations would play a big roll.
Flores and Monti were in New England at the same time iirc

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Is it kind if rude to not allow him to interview for jobs elsewhere? He may very well be fired by the new HC, and his options for other teams will be much more limited by that point.

Sorry Quebec. Seems I mangled a quote of yours in this reply as well. But yes, we are Cards fans and have immense patience. Not many who lack patience would willingly follow a team that has gone numerous decades without a championship.
Was thinking same. VJ gonna be screwed by cards.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
I really want to know who the hell Flores has in mind for OC...

When Flores was hired at Miami he brought Jim Caldwell with him to be asst head coach. He had health problems that made him take a lesser consulting role and ultimately left after a year. I wonder if Flores could convince him to come onboard as his OC.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
When Flores was hired at Miami he brought Jim Caldwell with him to be asst head coach. He had health problems that made him take a lesser consulting role and ultimately left after a year. I wonder if Flores could convince him to come onboard as his OC.
I don't even think Caldwell made it to the 1st game. Would be awesome to have him in Kylers ear.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
My gut feeling is that this is Flores' job to lose right now. I also think it's a classic case of overcorrection from Kliff, but that was to be expected.

jbjarko

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

I agree. Unless he wants to stick around or there’s another portion of this outstanding, like him being DC.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Yeah he’ll be paid, so I don’t really feel bad for him. But it’s all relative. But these guys want to coach. They aren’t bums. So holding them hostage until there’s no more jobs or only lesser jobs is bunk.
It very well could be similar to BA situation....where they kept all the staff for BA to pick or let go.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose