Cardinals Head Coaching Candidates 2023

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Facts aren't, but the extrapolation from said fact could be construed as a 'bad take.'
Not really. Just an attempt at humor. Seriously, play like that is what we're used to seeing. Shooting ourselves in the foot. Bring in that guy's coach.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Not really. Just an attempt at humor. Seriously, play like that is what we're used to seeing. Shooting ourselves in the foot. Bring in that guy's coach.

The phrase "correlation does not imply causation" refers to the inability to legitimately deduce a cause-and-effect relationship between two events or variables solely based on an observed association or correlation between them.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I get it, but the team as a whole doesn't have a track record, based on stats.
Stats are awesome. In Kyler's best season, he was sacked 31 times and many ran with the "imagine if he had an o-line" narrative, while at the same time, Joe Burrow was THE most-sacked QB that same season and he took his team to the Super Bowl.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The refs took the SB away from Cincy last year & they got hosed again by the officials this year in KC. He’ll be perfectly acclimated for the Cardinal job:bang:

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
Right. Both Anarumo and Dave Sears (who they just hired as assistant GM) has a long history with Ben Johnson, but he is right now a very successful OC for the Lions, so they would probably not let him leave. Dave Pitcher, quarterback coach for the Bengals, could very well be his OC choice.
That’s some serious detective work right there well done

Jasper

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
That was awesome. My only fear is that if he gets the job, he brings in Leftwich to be his OC. Am I wrong to fear that?
This has MB’s handprints all over. Hire Lou as HC, Byron as OC, keep the entire defensive staff with VJ as DC.

Save money and keep familiarity.
If it fails just say we are trending in the right direction and are not that far off.
If it does work out MB will think he’s a genius.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This has MB’s handprints all over. Hire Lou as HC, Byron as OC, keep the entire defensive staff with VJ as DC.

If it fails just say we are trending in the right direction and are not that far off.
In his announcement for their coaching search, MB did say "I don't know if we're as broken as people think."

That has the sounds of someone ready to run it back with some of the same coaches and staff.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Sweet Lou? Ok I’d hire him just for the cool nickname.

I flip flop on who I want. I kinda want a OC guy to help Kyler. But I also like Sweet Lou’s older more experienced seems to be a great DC and sounds like just a hell of a guy. Ok Sweet Lou is my guy today.
thing is...so many teams have hired OC;s lately that there are none left with any experience.. I would personally prefer a guy with more than 1 year as a coordinator

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media