Cardinals Head Coaching Candidates 2023

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If we have a Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday does that mean there's a Thursday too?

Glenn on Thursday?

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Putting Flores on Weds between Kafka and Lou make the timeline make a little more sense. I still think they could have tightened it up a bit. It will have been 16 days between Flores’ first and second interview. Seems like we could have done his second interview this weekend. If he doesn’t get the job, and all the DC jobs dry up, he will have every right to be pissed.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
So Callahan, Vance and Glenn are the only ones who didn't take another job or drop out of contention and aren't set up for another interview yet? The field is narrowing itself down quicker than Mike is narrowing down the field.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So Callahan, Vance and Glenn are the only ones who didn't take another job or drop out of contention and aren't set up for another interview yet? The field is narrowing itself down quicker than Mike is narrowing down the field.
Vance doesn’t need a second interview. He is still lurking in the process

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
There are apparently two finalists for the job. Both can and should have their second interviews to have their opportunity to win the job. It would be a crappy thing to hire one without interviewing the other especially after the information about their second interviews became public.

Two 'confirmed' finalists is the most recent report. That doesn't mean there are only two in the running.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Didn’t we do that with whis and Grimm?

I had heard that they had an agreement between each other beforehand that if only one got a HC gig then the other one would join his staff. So it was less of a cardinal thing and more of a Whis/Grimm thing.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I think Anarumo is out. If I were setting up the interviews, I‘d say Kafka was the gamble, so he goes first. He‘s the best choice if you want to focus on Murray. He unquestionably has the best background in QB development of any candidates, including Reich. So you must ask do you feel saving Murray is critical? If so and Kafka is confident and convincing, you pick him. You sign him immediately. Coming from the Giants who were cleaning up a big mess, the Cards job may not intimidate him. The presence of 2 personnel front office gurus could be very reassuring to him.

If you detect any apprehension, you pass and hope for a good OC & maybe QB Coach.

Up next is Flores. If you haven‘t hired Kafka, then Flores is your HC. He would only have gotten a second interview because your new GM endorsed him, but Ossenfort would have likely accepted Kafka if he did a great second interview. The choice is Flores for all the reasons Brit has been saying. He wasn‘t my top choice but he‘s the best remaining option. You rarely get a chance to hire a winning HC. He also won with a front office trying to lose. That means his team played for him. He’s tough and there will be turnover. Murray could well be part of that turnover. Anarumo is out because your GM accepts Flores and Anarumo is simply less qualified. You don‘t let Flores leave unsigned. He will sign or he blows up his lawsuit.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Top three to me now are
Brian Flores
Shane Steichen
Lou Anarumo
To me Flores is most qualified and would be the best coach to give us a great defense. I think he would be best for our young linebackers and he plays a man defense.
Agree but would Flores keep VJ?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Flores is just NOW getting a 2nd interview?! WTF. Where are all those people telling me they didn’t need to interview Flores a second time because of how well they knew him from 2018.

This has gotten so pathetic and unfocused to point of hilarity.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
I've been on the Flores float since the first interview. Just seems to check all the boxes and can fine tune our defense this season as I imagine there will be no hurry to get Kyler Murray back on the field

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
And again, idk where this Vance Joseph staying in Arizona yuck yuck started, and that he'll be forced on the new Head Coach. Probably from the same people who said nobody wants to coach in Arizona (equally as dumb)