Cardinals GM: If Larry Fitzgerald is ready to play, ‘we’ll have a spot for him’

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
If almost every player on the team fails at the same task then coaching has to play a role. If Larry has lost a step and can’t get there to place solid block then the coaches needs to scheme for that. I think it’s a chicken/egg scenario here.
But that's not what happened. It's like 2-3 players failing at a task, and at least one of them used to be good at it.

It's funny that everyone (rightfully) dumps on Keim but doesn't consider that Kingsbury has to coach all of Keim's mistakes...

My criticism for Kingsbury would be: Why run a play that fails so often? You'd think after 4ish games of a play not working well, you'd stop calling it.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My guess is that it has worked for him in the past and NFL teams are running it with success so he believes that at some point a player will make a block and a WR will make tackler miss.

I have to admit I got tired of that play.

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He has a post on Twitter about being happy to be playing for the Cardinals for 17 years.

Brighteyes did the math and we think he has only played 16 seasons, if so it looks like he is back

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Kliff Kingsbury on Cardinals WR Larry Fitzgerald: ‘The ball’s in his court’

The Arizona Cardinals started training camp on Tuesday with the run test before practice starts on Wednesday.

There was no sign of 37-year-old wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald, whose status for next season remains up in the air. Fitzgerald is a free agent currently and is not listed on the Cardinals’ active roster.

Head coach Kliff Kingsbury on Tuesday reiterated the same stance both he and general manager Steve Keim have held that they’d love to have the veteran back if he wants.

He said multiple times that he has no knowledge of what Fitzgerald’s plans are and added that no conversation between them has taken place on that subject matter.

“The ball’s in his court,” Kingsbury said Tuesday. “We feel like we got great depth in that group regardless. We’ll have a plan here either way.”

More at this link: https://arizonasports.com/story/274...s-wr-larry-fitzgerald-the-balls-in-his-court/

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think kk being the opposite of genuine would be much happier if Fitzgerald doesn't come back

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think kk being the opposite of genuine would be much happier if Fitzgerald doesn't come back

They are all lying. They don't want Larry back. But I agree with them. Larry is the best player for this franchise but it is time to move on.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They are all lying. They don't want Larry back. But I agree with them. Larry is the best player for this franchise but it is time to move on.

gotta agree. At this point, if Larry isn’t sure he wants to be back, that’s not someone I really want on the team at this point. Football is such a brutal sport that if you’re heart isn’t 1000% in it, that’s gonna be a problem on the field. Especially for someone already wayyyyyyy past his prime and is behind the 8 ball as far as his play on the field is concerned.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Fitz has a role on this team if he's willing to accept it and that's as a split end a la Dan Arnold. Not sure how much pride Fitz would have to make that transition, but he's definitely going to be welcomed back as both a leader and a player

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Fitz has a role on this team if he's willing to accept it and that's as a split end a la Dan Arnold. Not sure how much pride Fitz would have to make that transition, but he's definitely going to be welcomed back as both a leader and a player

Not as fast as Arnold plus Arnold is 6'6''
I don't get the reason to find for him a new role
Had an amazing career, time to retire or if he wants a chance for a ring, he has to call Bruce Arians

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Just going to keep posting this:

Attachments

• 8B2DA370-5ECD-45F9-B9FB-3710376598B9.jpeg
    8B2DA370-5ECD-45F9-B9FB-3710376598B9.jpeg
    58.7 KB · Views: 11

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members