Cardinals @ Falcons Prediction Thread 9/19.

Doug

B a n n ed WARRIOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Lynn Haven Florida(Panama City)1 mile away.
Without a 100 yard day recieving from Williams I see the Cardinals losing badly.

With the 100 recieving yards from Williams the offense is firing better than in Louie and the black birds go down by 5.Game as a win will still remain within a TD.One of those heart attack games we love to play.Counting on bigger and better defensive play from us.3 Sacks at least.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
27 - 17 Cards. Falcons outscore Cards 17 - 0 in 4th quarter to put a scare in us.

Steve

bg7brd

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Cards 30
Falcons 13
Toler and Williams score their 1st TDs of their careers.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I hate to say it but I think we lose a close one

Falcons-20

Cardinals 17 we fight hard but come up short, anderson throws a crucial pick late in the game just starting max hall threads all over again

Doug

B a n n ed WARRIOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Lynn Haven Florida(Panama City)1 mile away.
Any loss is gonna bring the house down in here for sure.Don't wanna see it but we are so beat up early.Its gonna turn into survival mode till we get some players back healthy About 5 at least if not more on my count.:(But hey thats the NFL everyday and we have NO excuses.Everyteam is playing with injuries right now that will only get worse till the season ends.So glad some positions we have some depth.

Last edited:

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
If you're the Falcons, you do everything you can to force DA to have to throw to Williams, Komar/Roberts as much as possible. Roll the coverage to Fitz and Breaston and force the rooks to make the right reads and run the right routes, and put pressure on them and DA to somehow consistently find eachother...

On defense, we need to do what we did in the playoffs against the Falcons - shut down Turner and get pressure on Ryan.

Unfortunately, I see the Falcons executing their plan better than we will...
So, I honestly would not at all be surprised to see a 28-10 score in favor of Atlanta. I know DD has made this an extra-special game, but his added emotion won't be enough. We needed Beanie for this game, and we certainly needed to Doucet or some other WR who is not an undrafted FA... I LOVE Williams and think he can be special, but man... the odds don't bode well for this game to be his bigtime coming out party. If Kurt were back there tossing the pill - maybe. But DA?? I don't see it...

Please surprise me guys!!! Going 2 & 0 would be beyond amazing!!!

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
Fans should be emotionally prepared to lose this game. A loss here isn't the end of the world.

Like Daren Urban said, this is like in the NBA playoffs when the road team won the first game. Are you going to settle for the split or are you going to be able to focus and go for the 2-0 lead? If they lose here it just puts more pressure on the SD and NO games.

If they can manage 2 of the next 4 they are 3-2 at the bye and they are in good position going in to the second half of the season.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
FWIW, there are touchdowns, incomplete passes, penalties and plays where the ballcarrier runs out of bounds.

My point was that a normal game would have far more tackles and offensive plays run...Most teams run about 65 plays, or more...that would equate to many more than 30 tackles, especially since partial tackles are usually credited.

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
No fumbles we win 31-24

Fumbles and we get hammered 38-10

Hang on to the dang ball people.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I just cant bring myself to pick the Falcons although my mind tells me thats the case.

Nevertheless I pick

Cards 23
Falcons 20