Cardinals at Seahawks gameday thread 11-21-2021

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It isn't like we haven't done that. We did it in game 16 last year.

But it would suck if they decided to do that.

That was a do or die game. Also, I thought we started Kyler in that game. He tweaked himself early and then went out for most of the game and then came back for the second half, no? Could be wrong.

Reality is if he’s not healthy enough to start, he sure as hell isn’t healthy enough to have to come in from behind because McCoy sucks so bad that we’re probably getting beaten pretty good. That would put him in the worst situation possible.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That was a do or die game. Also, I thought we started Kyler in that game. He tweaked himself early and then went out for most of the game and then came back for the second half, no? Could be wrong.

Reality is if he’s not healthy enough to start, he sure as hell isn’t healthy enough to have to come in from behind because McCoy sucks so bad that we’re probably getting beaten pretty good. That would put him in the worst situation possible.
Maybe? I don't like to think about that game. All I remember is him going in the game when Streveler had thrown it away.

OP
OP
BullheadCardFan

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Remember last week

If this team can't get fired up for this game after Cam laughing and high fiving our own fans then I don't know what will

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If the early games are any indication we're going to get boatraced

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This isn’t a mighty Seahawks team I don’t get all the negativity and doubt in this team? Yeah we got smacked by the panthers but again they are much better than people think and they had Cam firing up the whole team and we made some ******** turnovers from the jump that put us in a hole early. If KK just has a solid game plan that doesn’t involve McCoy trying to throw all day we can easily win this game.

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Washington is moving the ball at will on Carolina. I think we just fell
Behind early. And the game snowballed. We can beat Seattle with McCoy

TheCardinal

Veteran
Reaction score
I see Kyler out there in street clothes throwing 30 yard sideline routes during warmups. Coaches keeping a close eye on him. Don’t see the other QBs yet. Has anything been officially announced yet?

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Murray definitely out, need to establish the run early .

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
It’s quite easy to determine if it’s a high ankle sprain. It’s different ligaments than your typical strain of the ligaments on the outside of the ankle. Wit’s a high ankle sprain when you bear weight on the leg, the tibia and fibula experience high forces that spread them apart. The ligaments of the syndesmosis serve as shock absorbers, preventing the tibia and fibula from spreading too far apart. When you run, and especially when you run and quickly change direction, these ligaments of the syndesmosis experience very high forces. The latter reaction is why they are holding Murray out.

There are two reasons you sit a player. He is incapable of playing well enough to contribute. The other concern is can he aggravate the injury. I’m told there was no question Murray could have executed well enough to play. His arm is fine. He could set up to throw and he was able to move well enough to make functional handoffs. The concern is the latter Reason. High ankle sprains have a tendency to linger and if you aggravate the injury you can easily go back to square one and lose the player for an additional 3-4 weeks. That might put Murray out for the season.

If you’ve watch these games historically the Seahawks are one of the teams that like to win by knocking players out of the game even if it entails taking a penalty. The Seahawks are desperate to win. They will play mean. I’ve been watching the Browns play against the weak Lions. No one has has sustained more injuries than Mayfield. He is playing but they‘ve put in a max protect game plan. The Browns have gotten away with it so far, but I would fear the Seahawks more.

I‘m hearing Murray wants to play. He’s not the toughest player, but he’s tough enough. That said the Cards‘ brain trust seems to be willing to risk losing a game rather than risk a long time without Murray. It’s an actuarial calculation.

it’s a big risk. I’m also watching the Colts on a split screen. They have a great running game. They will be a though out. The Cards only have 2 reasonably easy gsme left; the Bears & the Lions. That means 10-7 is the bottom. The Seahawks have a very weak remaining schedule. The Cards and Seahawks final game could well be for the last playoff slot. I feel certain the Cards must beat the Seahawks at least once to make the playoffs. I’m okay with sitting Murray, but the margin of error after that will be near zero. Of course the Cards could beat the Rams again or the Boys but that’s a big risk.

The Cards should beat Seattle but to do so Kingsbury must be patient and use a conservative game plan that takes advantage of matchup edges and ball control. The defense must be aggressive. If Kingsbury wins this with a backup QB that will go a long way to establish he is truly an NFL level coach.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s quite easy to determine if it’s a high ankle sprain. It’s different ligaments than your typical strain of the ligaments on the outside of the ankle. Wit’s a high ankle sprain when you bear weight on the leg, the tibia and fibula experience high forces that spread them apart. The ligaments of the syndesmosis serve as shock absorbers, preventing the tibia and fibula from spreading too far apart. When you run, and especially when you run and quickly change direction, these ligaments of the syndesmosis experience very high forces. The latter reaction is why they are holding Murray out.

There are two reasons you sit a player. He is incapable of playing well enough to contribute. The other concern is can he aggravate the injury. I’m told there was no question Murray could have executed well enough to play. His arm is fine. He could set up to throw and he was able to move well enough to make functional handoffs. The concern is the latter Reason. High ankle sprains have a tendency to linger and if you aggravate the injury you can easily go back to square one and lose the player for an additional 3-4 weeks. That might put Murray out for the season.

If you’ve watch these games historically the Seahawks are one of the teams that like to win by knocking players out of the game even if it entails taking a penalty. The Seahawks are desperate to win. They will play mean. I’ve been watching the Browns play against the weak Lions. No one has has sustained more injuries than Mayfield. He is playing but they‘ve put in a max protect game plan. The Browns have gotten away with it so far, but I would fear the Seahawks more.

I‘m hearing Murray wants to play. He’s not the toughest player, but he’s tough enough. That said the Cards‘ brain trust seems to be willing to risk losing a game rather than risk a long time without Murray. It’s an actuarial calculation.

it’s a big risk. I’m also watching the Colts on a split screen. They have a great running game. They will be a though out. The Cards only have 2 reasonably easy gsme left; the Bears & the Lions. That means 10-7 is the bottom. The Seahawks have a very weak remaining schedule. The Cards and Seahawks final game could well be for the last playoff slot. I feel certain the Cards must beat the Seahawks at least once to make the playoffs. I’m okay with sitting Murray, but the margin of error after that will be near zero. Of course the Cards could beat the Rams again or the Boys but that’s a big risk.

The Cards should beat Seattle but to do so Kingsbury must be patient and use a conservative game plan that takes advantage of matchup edges and ball control. The defense must be aggressive. If Kingsbury wins this with a backup QB that will go a long way to establish he is truly an NFL level coach.
Thanks Harry! You’ve made me feel much smarter. That’s exactly what I said we needed to do to win today.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well welp go cards

If worst happens least murray hop wilp return healthy for major poff push

Injuries covid fing sucks!!

My fantasy money team sufferin inj to lol example mcaffrey...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort