Cardinals at Seahawks gameday thread 11-21-2021

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tough game and tough stadium to play on the road

Looks like McCoy again this week

DC's have figured him out and KK isn't helping with the play calls

Can KK get this figured out so the O can score some points and not look like the keystone kops?

Can the D step it up and shut the run game down and limit the passing game?

Can we win the battle of turnovers?

Let's see what kind of character and resolve this team has

You can not afford to give away games at any time

Any given Sunday

Go Cardinals!

OP
OP
BullheadCardFan

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Reports: Kyler Murray unlikely to play today, Colt McCoy likely to start

For the third straight game, the Cardinals are expected to start Colt McCoy at quarterback.

Kyler Murray is expected to miss his third consecutive game with an ankle injury, according to multiple reports.

McCoy is also injured, having suffered a pectoral injury last week, but he is expected to be able to go.

The 8-2 Cardinals are at 3-6 Seattle, and the uncertainty surrounding the Cardinals’ quarterback situation has made the Seahawks 2.5-point favorites.

Murray was an MVP candidate before suffering his injury. McCoy played very well in his first game as Murray’s replacement but struggled in last week’s loss.

Minski

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This is actually starting to worry me about his longevity. All the media goes on about how he is the least hit QB. Really hope he plays tonight

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Murray doesn't play it's McCoy at quarterback and Streveler as the backup. The offensive line will have to play much better to protect McCoy and generate a running game.

I'm trying to see a ray of sunshine that's not an asteroid.

OP
OP
BullheadCardFan

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Murray doesn't play it's McCoy at quarterback and Streveler as the backup. The offensive line will have to play much better to protect McCoy and generate a running game.

I'm trying to see a ray of sunshine that's not an asteroid.
A ray of sunshine on a cloudy day?

Have to give you credit for being so positive :thumbup:

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
JFC, are you kidding me? We're approaching the land of the absurd here. Is this kid made of popsickle sticks? Or is the team trying to coddle him? Something's gotta give, because we're staring down the barrel of 2020 all over again.

AustrianCardFan

Veteran
Reaction score
JFC, are you kidding me? We're approaching the land of the absurd here. Is this kid made of popsickle sticks? Or is the team trying to coddle him? Something's gotta give, because we're staring down the barrel of 2020 all over again.
Well, if it's really a high ankle sprain I don't see how that should be a sign of him being soft or whatever. High ankle sprains usually take 4-6 weeks...

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
I don't think the Seahawks can match up with the speed/athleticism of the Panther D.

That being said - the big difference in the last two games is the start.
We got a turnover and went up on the 49ers 14-0 - we won
Panthers got a turnover and went up on us 17-0 - we lost

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If we run the ball today we have a chance. We have to play this one close to the vest, (not going on 4th down on our side of the 50) cough cough.
Running the ball will open up play action which McCoy will desperately need to succeed.
Our running game will also keep Wilson on the sidelines.

DON’T GIVE UP ON THE RUNNING GAME. We usually play well in Seattle for whatever reason. Time for the running game and the defense to win us a game.

Stout

Reaction score
Guys, this game is (stupidly) a write off. This (idiotic) team has given up on anything until after the bye. We're being (shorstightedly) conservative and it's costing us big-time. Face it--today's another in the L column, just like 2 of the last 3.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The line jumped from Seahawks +1.5 to -3 this morning. Kyler ain’t playing and I think we get crushed.

I actually HOPE he’s too injured to play and we aren’t going beyond conservative with a bye coming up. I worry about a team’s psyche who seemed to come out of the gate putting last years collapse behind them losing their mojo with another mid season collapse. Especially one of our own making if they’re thinking they can eat Ls now just to get us to the bye.

Also, it just calls into question Kyler’s ultimate durability. Which blows on a bigger scale.

SL Card

Veteran
Reaction score
If there's any doubt WHATEVER on the ankle he should sit. Worst case scenario we go to 8-4...how many teams would love to be 8-4 right now?

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
You have to be able to win from the pocket. IDC if he has to take 10 sacks in this game to avoid pass rushers, he is still a better option that McCoy.

Stout

Reaction score
The line jumped from Seahawks +1.5 to -3 this morning. Kyler ain’t playing and I think we get crushed.

I actually HOPE he’s too injured to play and we aren’t going beyond conservative with a bye coming up. I worry about a team’s psyche who seemed to come out of the gate putting last years collapse behind them losing their mojo with another mid season collapse. Especially one of our own making if they’re thinking they can eat Ls now just to get us to the bye.

Also, it just calls into question Kyler’s ultimate durability. Which blows on a bigger scale.
Yeah, there are absolutely no positives to this situation. Not a one.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media