Cardinals' All-Time Franchise Player

Who is the Cardinals' All-Time Franchise Player?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ThunderCard

Reaction score
I never got to see a lot of those guys play. Is there a case to be made for Anneas Williams to at least be on the list?

That is who I would pick.

Over his career he accumulated a staggering 12 defensive touchdowns (9 interceptions returned for a touchdown, and 3 fumbles recovered for touchdowns), and 55 career interceptions, cementing his place as one of the most dominating defensive backs of his era. He also recovered 23 fumbles and gained 1,075 total defensive return yards (807 from interceptions and 268 from fumbles). He was also a 4 time All-Pro selection.

jmt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I take that to mean we're talking about "player who did the most for the Cardinal franchise", right?

If so, the first question you'd have to ask would be "Did any of these guys, lead the team to a Super Bowl?" There's only one who came close:

Charlie Trippi (who led the Cards to our only NFL championship in 1947).

Hard to argue against Trippi. Another old timer to consider who also played in the championship game is Marshall Goldberg. He should be in the HOF. Card fans interested in history should check him out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marshall_Goldberg

Larry Wilson was awesome. He once intercepted a pass with casts on both hands due to two broken wrists. And he was first safety to ever blitz. Since I saw him play he gets my vote.

BigRedArk

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Hard to argue against Trippi. Another old timer to consider who also played in the championship game is Marshall Goldberg. He should be in the HOF. Card fans interested in history should check him out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marshall_Goldberg

Larry Wilson was awesome. He once intercepted a pass with casts on both hands due to two broken wrists. And he was first safety to ever blitz. Since I saw him play he gets my vote.

Yeppers the I am almost positive the safety blitz is a Cardinals innovation! I think the coach that invented it was Chuck Banker. I don't believe it was used before he came up with it in either professional or college football.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Anybody notice that the Cards don`t have a single linebacker or defensive linemen on the list.Who would be the Cards Top LB and Defensive linemen?
Dale Meinart? Bill Koman? Jamie Rivers?
Curtis Greer? Bubba Baker? Simeon Rice? ERic Swann? Larry Stallings?

Makes me wonder why the Cards haven`t had a top of the line Pro-Bowler -All-Pro type who wins honors yearly( A Urlacher type LB or a D-lineman who is a star ).

Another player who was left off the list besides Jim Hart was Sonny Randle and John David Crow,Bobby Joe Conrad,Jim Bakken.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard