Captain America: Civil War

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gonna go see this tonight. Going with a party of 30! The wife has a friend that is a huge Marvel/DC Comics fan and its a surprise for her Bday. Should be fun, but a pain trying to figure out to sit in 30 good seats!

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Gonna go see this tonight. Going with a party of 30! The wife has a friend that is a huge Marvel/DC Comics fan and its a surprise for her Bday. Should be fun, but a pain trying to figure out to sit in 30 good seats!

just get in there early...take the top two rows or something...if you aint early there is no way you will get to sit together,lol

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

AZ Mills IMAX has assigned seating, which might help.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Great movie, had 1 friend who didn't like it. I think some people, more of the casual fan-base, are expecting this to be Avengers: Civil War, and if you're expecting that it might be a letdown. It was really good though, I'd rate it on par with Winter Soldier and just behind the first Avengers film as the best film from Marvel Studios. Spider-Man and Black Panther were both awesome and all of the returning characters were great also. I think this might have been the best version of Iron Man since his first film.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

That's a great way to see this.

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
just get in there early...take the top two rows or something...if you aint early there is no way you will get to sit together,lol

So the movie is at 7 at a regular Harkins (no assigned seating) and I went and bought 30 tickets on Wednesday. The lady at the customer service said that you are allowed to save 2 seats along with your own. With that said, I hope (and should), have 10 or so couples getting there early to lock down seats. All I know is there is going to be some PO'ed people that want the seat that are saved. :grabs:

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great movie, had 1 friend who didn't like it. I think some people, more of the casual fan-base, are expecting this to be Avengers: Civil War, and if you're expecting that it might be a letdown. It was really good though, I'd rate it on par with Winter Soldier and just behind the first Avengers film as the best film from Marvel Studios. Spider-Man and Black Panther were both awesome and all of the returning characters were great also. I think this might have been the best version of Iron Man since his first film.

You are the 3rd person I have heard say that. My buddy who went to a preview of the film already said the same thing. Another friend who just got back...ditto.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You are the 3rd person I have heard say that. My buddy who went to a preview of the film already said the same thing. Another friend who just got back...ditto.

I'm a geek who is into both comics and comic book films, and I'm surprised that I enjoyed Captain America 2 & 3 so much because I really didn't like the first Cap movie much at all. I almost skipped Winter Soldier in theaters because I disliked the first Captain America so much. I think that was the worst movie released by Marvel Studios. I never cared much for Captain America in comics outside of the Avengers either. I think the Russo brothers, who wrote and directed both Winter Soldier and Civil War have done a great job making Captain America a compelling lead character in the films and they deserve a ton of credit for how well received and successful both Winter Soldier and Civil War.

I was worried when it was announced the Russo's were placed in charge of writing and directing the next Avengers movies, Infinity War 1 & 2. Those 2 movies are going to be the culmination of 10 years and 20 films of build up, with all of the Marvel characters. That's where Thanos, who was teased in the credits of the first Avengers film, and all of the "Infinity Stones" that have popped up in various other Marvel films will finally get tied together and used. When Joss Whedon was announced as the director of the first Avengers movie he had the track record that put fans at ease but the Russo's didn't have that. Before Winter Soldier they worked on the TV show Community, which is a show I really liked but doesn't really translate to taking over big budget action blockbusters. Even with Winter Soldier being one of the best comic book films in the eyes of critics and fans, I was skeptical. Civil War has pushed out all doubt I had that they could handle Infinity War and now I'm really looking forward to those movies. They handled every character really well in Civil War plus adding Spider-Man and Black Panther to the roster almost flawlessly. Spider-Man was awesome, it was the best he's been in a movie since Raimi's Spider-Man 2 with Doctor Octopus. Tom Holland, the actor who plays Spider-Man/Peter Parker, mixes together the best of both Andrew Garfield's and Tobey Maguire's versions.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
took the family last night...we decided to skip the rodeo and see the movie instead.

absolutely floored. The first time EVER,...all three of us were just.....wow....

saw it in IMAX 3D.... was worth the extra cost...done very well...

extra WINS.................. saw preview for Tarzan..... yippee.....

also,...major shocker....saw the Warcraft trailer...very well done for imax....when suddenly my ol'lady whispers..."we need to come and see that,...it looks really good"

Thank you Travis Fimmel......

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
HOLY CRAP!

That was Marvel's best movie ever. By far, IMO.

WOW.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was fantastic. Funny yet definitely shades of grey. They took a story where Tony Stark is 100% a super villian and made him sympathetic.

Spidey is perfect.

Aunt May...surprising

Airport fight scene is the greatest comic fight ever. Incredible action and still funny.

There are 2 credits scenes, 1 halfway through and one at the end. Stay for both.

Basically the villian won.

Crap! Missed the second scene. Can you describe more.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
also have to say how great it was that Marvel let this film play on it's own... NOTHING in it felt like it was jammed into the movie... just to set-up another movie. I mean, the movie's end definitely swings the door wide open for what's to come, but the movie never veered off course for side-stories that would only pay off in later movies. That was super refreshing after Ultron.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

Wasn't much. It was Spidey at home and his new suit produces a hologram which I took to be a formal invitation to join the Avengers, but I could be wrong on that. The 1st post credits scene was much more story-centric.

LOVED the movie though. Definitely on par with Guardians as my favorite Marvel movie. Only real issue is the same issue I have with virtually all Marvel movies--a weak villain.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
HOLY CRAP!

WOW.

I won't argue with your opinion on that, but my buddy and I were marveling after the movie (pun intended) that a movie this awesome--easily the best studio movie if DC had done it--was only fifth on our respective Marvel lists. We each liked Winter Soldier, Iron Man 1, Guardians, and Avengers better--in that order, in my case. But this movie kicked major, major ass...and I ranked it fifth! Insanity, I say! Marvel is magnificent right now, and DC can't even sniff their jock straps!

also have to say how great it was that Marvel let this film play on it's own... NOTHING in it felt like it was jammed into the movie... just to set-up another movie. I mean, the movie's end definitely swings the door wide open for what's to come, but the movie never veered off course for side-stories that would only pay off in later movies. That was super refreshing after Ultron.

Exactly! We discussed that right after the movie. It seamlessly set up other movies, and not just the big ones, while those scenes and bits served the current movie perfectly. I couldn't point to a single part of it and say, "Yeah, they just did that to set up the other movies." Not so that atrocious Bats v Supes movie.

Plus, it got the tone just right, too. Hey, Snyder, NOT ALL SUPER HERO MOVIES NEED TO BE JUST DARK. This movie was fun, funny, dark, serious, tragic, sad, and all kinds of other emotions, at different times. Brilliant, just brilliant.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I agree with most of Chaplin said but I disagree on his assessment of what it was...

Here is some info regarding the 2nd post credit scene, with some pics I found leaked online already from it.

It showed a light beaming from Peter Parker/Spider-Man's webshooter while he was in his room and Aunt May was knocking at the door so he hid it when she entered and tried to get her to leave quickly. He pointed it at the ceiling and it was a Spider-Man logo with a little extra on the side.

Chap seemed to view it as a formal invitation to join the Avengers but I disagree. It was something coming from his webshooter that looked like a mix of the Spider Signal, from the old "Spectacular Spider-Man" cartoon, mixed with some sort of app or AI similar to what's shown in Ironman's helmet. What the extra stuff is, who knows right now, but it looked like a holographic smartphone app or something like that attached to his webshooter. I found pics that have leaked online with the images....

The Spider Signal from the cartoon was shined on enemies, by Spider-Man, that meant a fight was about to happen. It's not like the Bat signal, that was used to call Batman somewhere. It was used by Spider-Man to kind of tell someone to cease and desist, which never happened, before he came down and beat them up.

You must be registered for see images attach

Here is a better pic of the image it projected...

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I won't argue with your opinion on that, but my buddy and I were marveling after the movie (pun intended) that a movie this awesome--easily the best studio movie if DC had done it--was only fifth on our respective Marvel lists. We each liked Winter Soldier, Iron Man 1, Guardians, and Avengers better--in that order, in my case. But this movie kicked major, major ass...and I ranked it fifth! Insanity, I say! Marvel is magnificent right now, and DC can't even sniff their jock straps!

I think Avengers gets back from greatness for myself because I thought the first 45 minutes were super-slow... and as awesome as the action was in the battle at the end, I'm never as invested in a bunch of faceless baddies getting wiped out as I am a really truly awesome bad guy getting beaten. By the time the battle of NY started and got into it, Loki was sidelined. Those two things keep the Avengers from being out of my top Marvel movies. The other three you mentioned were absolute classics and could be argued anywhere from 1-4 for me.

I just thought this one carried through more emotionally then the others, I didn't see the major twist coming and that airport scene was easily the best super-hero action sequences I've ever seen.

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
HOLY CRAP!

WOW.

Agree! The humor, storyline, action, etc were all A+. Couldn't figure out who was in the right and who was in the wrong. They did a great job bringing in all the Avengers and each having them be a relative part of the movie. Can only imagine how good the next one will be!

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Is there a post for the Marvel Cinematic Universe in the movies section here? I searched and didn't find anything. I was wondering if there was a thread for it would people post there and also would it go under movies or TV, since Marvel's "world" covers both sides even though it's called their "Cinematic" universe?

There have been 13 films released as part of it, plus 4 TV shows that have aired, and many more on the way for the big and small screen. They all tie together in some way, whether it's characters crossing over or referencing events from one another. It seems like they are all building towards Infinity War now and you can look back and see ties that weren't there when certain films or TV shows first came out. I know I'd post in that thread but am not sure how many others, if any, would. Does the general audience, or most of the people posting in this thread, know what movies and shows are in the MCU/released by Marvel Studios vs a film with Marvel characters made by Fox?

For those not aware, the film side of the "Universe" has Ironman, Captain America, Thor, Incredible Hulk, Guardians of the Galaxy, and the Avengers, including all of their sequels of course. On the film side Dr Strange, Black Panther, Captain Marvel, and Spider-Man are on their way with Inhumans also a possibility, it was announced and listed on all Marvel future release information but was quietly pushed back and then removed. On the TV side it includes Agents of SHIELD, Agent Carter, Daredevil, and Jessica Jones. Announced and in various stages of development on the TV side are Iron Fist, Luke Cage, The Defenders, Punisher, Damage Control, Cloak & Dagger, and Most Wanted (Agents of SHIELD spinoff w/ Mockingbird & Hunter).

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Best line in the whole movie, "Can you move the seat up?"

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Good movie but the plot was lame. All the characters made it entertaining. Solid 7/10 but still behind significantly behind A1 for me.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard