Can one play save Pace?

BuckeyeCardinal

Cantankerous Curmudgeon
Reaction score
He's made a couple of tackles tonight so sounds like he's getting PT and being active.

binkar

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Thats my boy. Watch him close, he will be good one day mark my words. :)

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
We should not have expected a #1 pick to be cut before year two began.
If we ever get some DT's to force the issue in the middle maybe some of
our edge rushers can sniff the QB.

jstadvl

R U gonna B My Girl
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Earlier this year

I said, this year, he was going to break out. And not with a rash.,
Kasper has had a major nose for the ball 2 night also.

Red Fury

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Pace is playing like his career is riding on this game. I know he is going against 2nd & 3rd teamers but he is making plays. Maybe DG lit a fire under his butt.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pace played extremely well tonite. Now to see if he can get consistant.

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
He should have got more playing time this preseason.

I say Pace on one side and Berry on the other, at least on Passing downs.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
KingofCards said:
He should have got more playing time this preseason.

I say Pace on one side and Berry on the other, at least on Passing downs.

Really, most of the dline had a good game tonight. KVB and Zellner looked good. Davis made a play or two in the backfield. Hell, even Kolodziej and Bryant were making plays.

I thought the dline played their best game of the preseason tonight, while the first string oline had their shakiest.

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Red Fury said:
Pace is playing like his career is riding on this game. I know he is going against 2nd & 3rd teamers but he is making plays. Maybe DG lit a fire under his butt.

I think part of it is Green saying he's a disapointment and has a high probability of getting cut.

Other factors are:

1. A full year of experience under his belt. He came from a 3-4 style defense to a 4-3 which has completely different responsibilities and techniques. Which brings up the next point.

2. Real coaching. The difference between the position coaching he's recieving now and last year is night and day. He came in to the league with a lot he needed to learn but he didn't have it taught to him.

3. Much better defensive scheme. No more "grab the o-lineman and see what's happening." So far we've seen several guys look better. KVB has a few sacks so far. We're actually going after the ball now.

Graves was ripped for taking "3rd round talent" in the first round. Jason Taylor was as 3rd round pick. So was KGB. Who would use a first round pick on those guys now? Heck, Ogunleye was a UDFA. I'm not saying Pace will ever be on those guy's level but him being projected by some for a later round doesn't mean he'll never be good.

Alan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I don't like how Pace was celebrating while he teammates were fighting for the ball on the ground.

CardinalMike

Chickens can't clap!
Reaction score
Alan said:
I don't like how Pace was celebrating while he teammates were fighting for the ball on the ground.

Cmon Alan cut Pace some slack, the dude has been waiting 12 months to do that in the NFL and hell he may never do it again (get a sack that is).

Cardinal Mike!!

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
<sigh>

Come on guys!

First off, this isnt anything new with Pace. He proved last eyar he CAN make plays. He was forced into action too soon, and like a lot of rookie starters ran into a wall.

I have been very upset this preseason b/c I felt like (and rightly so) Pace hadn't gotten enough playing time. For whatever reason DG hasn't allowed Pace the opportunity to make plays in a game situation. Hopefully he has proven to DG that, given the chance, he can be effective.

Either way, as much as I was concerned about Pace, I never truly believed he was going to be cut. He might be in DG's dog house but out right cutting a 1st round pick in his 2nd season-especially a guy with the raw athletic ability of Pace-is just plain stupid!

Now hopefully he can build on tonights performance and garner a little more playing time.

jstadvl

R U gonna B My Girl
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Because Alan

either way it's a good thing. Safety, two points and possession. Fumble recovery, six points and we're rockin and rollin!
He's in a can't lose situation there. And, the ball was already away from him, he may not have known of a "fumble" call. It doesn't bother me at all.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn